More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 21:05:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Too Many Visitors to My Lot. What's Going On?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too Many Visitors to My Lot. What's Going On?  (Read 11549 times)
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Too Many Visitors to My Lot. What's Going On?
« on: 2008 October 15, 04:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not quite sure since when has this been happening.... but IIRC, after my Sim has used the FreeTime Genie Lamp to be made wealthy and beautiful, there starts to have a random Sim visiting my lot every two to three Sim-hours. They even come during the midnight to disturb my Sim's sleep.

Is this a bug or sth? Can this be fixed?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Too Many Visitors to My Lot. What's Going On?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 15, 05:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

used the FreeTime Genie Lamp to be made wealthy and beautiful
Not a bug, feature. That's the effect of that wish. It will expire (I believe in 24 or 48 hours...I avoid it like the plague).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 15, 06:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the effect of that wish.
It's the backfire, isn't it? It doesn't always happen.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 15, 07:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm pretty sure that's the effect. Random sims of the wisher's preferred gender wandering past regularly, and (I think) increased success with romantic interactions.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 15, 10:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim has had those visitors for more than a week already!!!

Just wonder if there is a way to reset the wishes?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 15, 10:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ask them to leave? Alternatively, Smite them! They might get the hint. Otherwise 2 or 3 smites = dead visitor.

More F than you
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 15, 18:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ask them to leave? Alternatively, Smite them! They might get the hint. Otherwise 2 or 3 smites = dead visitor.

No no... they do not all come at the same time, just one Sim every few hours comes to my Sim's home and rings the bell! So disturbing.... The visiting Sim even ring the bell during small hours!  Undecided
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 15, 18:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One sim every few hours is normal walk-by frequency.  Not sure about the ringing the bell thing.  Mostly they should just walk past if you don't run out and greet them.  The frequency however is not outside normal parameters.  Have you tried the lot debugger (bat box) to see if there's anything you should nuke or fix?

Tribulatio proxima est
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 16, 07:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One sim every few hours is normal walk-by frequency.  Not sure about the ringing the bell thing.  Mostly they should just walk past if you don't run out and greet them.  The frequency however is not outside normal parameters.  Have you tried the lot debugger (bat box) to see if there's anything you should nuke or fix?

Oh yea, that's my problem. Normally, there are just passers-by and these passers-by will not ring my bell.... But now, every passer-by does that! How annoying!

Haven't tried lot debugger yet. But does it have the function to reset those Genie Lamp wishes or reset all those visitors?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 16, 08:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so but if you use it to Smite enough of them, they won't be able to reach your front door because of all the gravestones in the way. Or else you could use the "doorbellquieter" hack. Or just build a fence and lock the gate at night.

More F than you
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 16, 10:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh.  This suddenly explains why this happened in my game.  I was taking out hacks etc trying to figure it out...

My poor sims.  They did not get to sleep that night thanks to about 15 people ringing the doorbell every hour.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 16, 10:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's your own fault for wishing for beauty. I am not going to make a hack for curing bad wishes. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 16, 10:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I chose it as a non harmful wish because I wanted the sim to make 3 wishes.  I did not want friends because the thought of the phone ringing every hour seems just as bad.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 16, 10:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only "non-harmful" wish appear to be Peace (Gives Permaplat). All others have negative consequences:
Wealth: Attracts Burglars.
Beauty: Attracts Stalkers.
Resurrection: Can fail and create a zombie (and cause a zombie apocalypse as a result).
Cheat Death: Sims rarely die unnaturally, so this effect largely only fires when you finally WANT the sim to expire.
Youth: It turns you into a *12*!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 16, 13:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have to go to college all over again to get your education, diploma, wants and locks?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 16, 14:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot see where it removes bonus wants and locks, so it LOOKS like you might keep your college stats, but have the option of attending again(?). What effect the residual stats may have is unknown. It will also carry a random chance of a skillpoint loss and result in the loss of vampire/werewolf/plantsimism. Zombie and witch are retained.

Even more interestingly, while the code is there, I cannot find the part of the pie menu that actually invokes it, so it may not even be enabled.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 16, 14:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so but if you use it to Smite enough of them, they won't be able to reach your front door because of all the gravestones in the way. Or else you could use the "doorbellquieter" hack. Or just build a fence and lock the gate at night.

I had a visitor that would just walk in my house at random times. He wouldn't ring the bell and locking the door didn't keep him out of the house. Thinking that maybe it was relationship score related, I started multiple fights between my sims and this townie. Now that I think about it, I probably had wished for beauty, but I can't say for sure.

I put him in a room with no doors for several sim days. All that happened was he got sunburned because the room had no roof. I smited him. Repeatedly. I aged him to elder and tried to trigger his next birthday. I used the Puppy Killer to try to kill him via drowning, flies, starvation, fright, etc. This sim would not die. The only thing I didn't do was try to feed him to the cowplant.

I see him walk around community lots every once in a while.  He wasn't much to look at in the first place, but now he looks so pathetic with his stooped posture and his charred and sunburned skin.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 16, 15:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a number of seemingly unkillable townies (at least since FT) in my game as well.  If you really want him dead, add him to a household (just making him selectable will not do it).  He should then die on cue.

Tribulatio proxima est
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 16, 15:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a number of seemingly unkillable townies (at least since FT) in my game as well.  If you really want him dead, add him to a household (just making him selectable will not do it).  He should then die on cue.

Huh. I don't think I thought about making him selectable. I'm not too worried about it though, it's too much fun to P&L at him every time I see him.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 16, 16:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh.  This suddenly explains why this happened in my game.  I was taking out hacks etc trying to figure it out...

My poor sims.  They did not get to sleep that night thanks to about 15 people ringing the doorbell every hour.

Yeah... all coz of the Genie!  Tongue
And the only solution to let my Sim sleep is use some kinda objects to block the doorway. Poor me, I am doing that every night for my Sim.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 16, 16:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even more interestingly, while the code is there, I cannot find the part of the pie menu that actually invokes it, so it may not even be enabled.

I don't think it is enabled. The last time that I had an elder with a genie, I don't recall seeing that wish.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 16, 16:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it is enabled. The last time that I had an elder with a genie, I don't recall seeing that wish.

Me either. I can only see "wish for longer life" or something similar.
BTW, is it possible to reset any wishes made to the Genie? Say, by using SimPE?  Huh Huh Huh
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 17, 01:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheat Death: Sims rarely die unnaturally, so this effect largely only fires when you finally WANT the sim to expire.
Yes. I found this out the hard way.

I tried this once and it only took three days off my sim's life. The sim was only 3 days into adult, so I don't know if it got stalled at trying to go down an age, or what. I decided it was a pretty useless wish.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 17, 09:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this once and it only took three days off my sim's life. The sim was only 3 days into adult, so I don't know if it got stalled at trying to go down an age, or what. I decided it was a pretty useless wish.
[/quote]

The last time I tried that when my Sim was 29 days from being an elderly, the Genie just added 3 more days to my Sim's life, i.e. 32 days from being an elderly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 17, 10:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Longer Life" wish is not the same as the Youth wish, which appears to be disabled. The Longer Life wish is basically useless, offering nothing we don't already get from a cheap and disposable ASP reward.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: