More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 17:58:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is it ok to use SimPE QA to delete2 sims in a FT game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it ok to use SimPE QA to delete2 sims in a FT game?  (Read 3715 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Is it ok to use SimPE QA to delete2 sims in a FT game?
« on: 2008 March 02, 14:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose the BV version will cause problems for FT games? What about doing terrain surgery? What version are you all using?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Is it ok to use SimPE QA to delete2 sims in a FT game?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 02, 18:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use BV SimPE to edit anything to do with Sims or Neighborhoods if you have Freetime Smiley  Don't even use new QA versions until it is specifically declared ready for Sim editing.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 03, 15:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the warning, Inge. Editing some BHAVs of objects/hacks is ok?

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 03, 16:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah you can do object editing.  There is a QA for Freetime now with the embryonic Sim editing in it, but it's far from reliable yet.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 03, 17:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, good. I need to do some sign creation (lot and 'hood billboards) for a new biz, Dylan's gym. Must further custom signage addiction.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 03, 17:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE can perform Deleted 2 for Freetime neighborhoods just fine, but you will have to disable the SDSC plugin and do the deletion manually working off only the instance IDs and the "N00X_UserYYYYY" name you get from force-erroring your deletee pre-deletion (summon with Ingelogical, force error, delete, Prep for Delete), or seeing whose file gets shrunk. All in all, a more complex procedure than straight Deleted II, but it can be done.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 03, 19:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE can perform Deleted 2 for Freetime neighborhoods just fine, but you will have to disable the SDSC plugin and do the deletion manually working off only the instance IDs and the "N00X_UserYYYYY" name you get from force-erroring your deletee pre-deletion (summon with Ingelogical, force error, delete, Prep for Delete), or seeing whose file gets shrunk. All in all, a more complex procedure than straight Deleted II, but it can be done.

Good lord, I followed your tute (at least the one I noted down), and never did the "summon with Ingelogical, force error, delete, Prep for Delete", just the last "Prep for Delete" in a BV game. Is this a "new" procedure just for FT for the time being, or I should have for my last game?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: