More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 16:45:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Where are the wolves?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where are the wolves?  (Read 7668 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Where are the wolves?
« on: 2009 February 09, 19:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing FreeTime, wolves no longer appear on any of my lots. Strays still show up but not wolves. Most of my lots it doesn't matter but I have one lot with a teen that was wanting to become a werewolf.  He  made a start on befriending the master wolf before I installed FT but since then the wolf hasn't showed up and the friendship is deteriorating. I've tried teleporting it in but that doesn't work as it leaves immediately.  Any one know what is causing this?  Was it a FT bug fixed by the patch?  I can't download the patch due to its size.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Where are the wolves?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 09, 21:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you going to tell us about the hacks you may be running? Or do we have to guess? If you have the DC cut and wolfwatchers in, then this may be working as intended. Also, wolves are more likely to show up if there are a lot of trees and children.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 09, 21:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not wolf watchers if the Wolf was showing up before, and if the Wolf is souping immediately after even being force-summoned, it's DEFINITELY not anything in the Awesomeware directory. That sounds like the work of the Non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 09, 21:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the Visitor Controller installed by TwoJeffs? I think it is set to ban wolves by default.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 09, 22:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not. It's set to ban the gypsy. You have to ban the wolves yourself. I let wolves come because my 'hood is fairly deserted, but no strays or stupid-ass penguins.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 09, 22:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. You can tell I haven't used it for a while Tongue

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 10, 15:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 184 files in my hack folder.  Didn't think anyone would want to read that list. I sure don't want to type it.  None of them have anything to do with wolves except Two Jeffs visitor controller. I have set it to ban wolves on specific lots at times but not on any of the lots that I have played since installing FT.   Last night I played a house that has four toddlers and two children.  No wolves showed up.

HCDU shows ten conflicts, most of them between Pescado's antiprank hack and TwoJeffs Play sanity fix. Also one between the phone hack and the visitor controller. Procedure name - check for kid collection.

I gather that it IS a hack problem and not something that came with FT?  I wouldn't mind doing the take out halves procedure if it didn't mean resetting the lots every time I took something out or put it in.  I hate going in and finding everyone standing by their beds every time I play.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 10, 15:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make a test neighbourhood. Copy your downloads folder over to that.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 10, 20:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried resetting the visitor controllers settings? Have you messed with it's settings since you installed Freetime?  Maybe the install has reset it?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 10, 20:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado: Do wolves show up in clean templates neighborhoods with antiredunancy in? I don't think I have ever had a wolf in my game since using clean templates. I was just wondering if I have to force summon one at first.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 February 10, 20:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wolves show up any time the game feels like sending them, and are one of the few NPCs that tend to spawn in groups even with antiredundancy, so nothing Awesome is to blame. The OP reports that the wolves simply Soup from the lot immediately upon being summoned: THAT is why there are no wolves: If they soup immediately on arrival, they won't be there long enough to be seen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 10, 20:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it is like why my hoods don't have a Criminal, the game doesn't bother to make them until they rob a house.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 11, 16:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. For a robber, the wish for money from the genie works wonders. Also, buying expensive artwork. Nearly every time I buy a painting worth over $4500, mine shows up.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 11, 19:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur!

Always the way, right? That's what your sims get for throwing out the packaging the stuff came in on the curb. Don't they know they should dump that stuff at an enemies' house?

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 February 13, 14:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was only thinking the other day how I no longer seem to see wolves in my game but I do have wolfwatchers installed and as far as I know its only been happening since I put that in my downloads.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 13, 15:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have wolfwatchers so know it's not that.  I did a little more experimenting.  Went to Desiderata Valley which I have never played before. Ran the household with the toddler for two nights.  No wolf.   Couldn't find any to summon.  Strays did show up.

Exited game and checked with Simpe-SimBrowser.  No wolves listed.  Went to my custom neighborhood.   Five wolves listed there,  in the Default family. Three of them named BAxter.

Back into game to custom hood. Summoned all five of those wolves to a Uni dorm lot. They didn't leave immediately. In fact they stayed and stayed, tearing up a lawn ornament, getting in a fight. But none of these wolves had ever been interacted with. The incident that i mentioned previously of the wolf leaving immediately after being summoned was one that had been interacted with as the boy was trying to befriend it.  I summoned the wolves several times with different configurations of hacks removed from the game.  Have not tried it yet with all hacks back in.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 February 13, 15:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What method are you using to summon the wolves?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 February 13, 16:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have wolfwatchers so know it's not that.  I did a little more experimenting.  Went to Desiderata Valley which I have never played before. Ran the household with the toddler for two nights.  No wolf.   Couldn't find any to summon.  Strays did show up.

Exited game and checked with Simpe-SimBrowser.  No wolves listed.  Went to my custom neighborhood.   Five wolves listed there,  in the Default family. Three of them named BAxter.

Back into game to custom hood. Summoned all five of those wolves to a Uni dorm lot. They didn't leave immediately. In fact they stayed and stayed, tearing up a lawn ornament, getting in a fight. But none of these wolves had ever been interacted with. The incident that i mentioned previously of the wolf leaving immediately after being summoned was one that had been interacted with as the boy was trying to befriend it.  I summoned the wolves several times with different configurations of hacks removed from the game.  Have not tried it yet with all hacks back in.
Just to make sure, this house in Desiderata Valley wasn't in a a college subhood? You mentioned testing on a Uni lot. Wolves won't show in Uni. Of course, toddlers normally can't occur in Uni, but there are ways (not recommended) around that.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 February 13, 19:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelenedra:  I use Inge's teleporter for summoning. The little cat statue.

Zazazu:  Nope, no uni in Desiderata Valley.  I've never played there so didn't bother creating one.  The uni lot that I summoned wolves on was in my custom hood.  Only lot I had with only one person.  I took all my downloads out for testing except for the teleporter and the debugger since I was trying to solve more than one problem and needed to reload frequently to test various hacks.

I specifically did as much testing in DV as I could since there was no custom content there. I would have thought the wolves would have been spawned there when the game loaded the Pets data and at least by the end of two nights.  They used to show up very quckly in any home with a baby or toddler. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: