More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 13:16:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How many Sims are you playing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How many Sims are you playing?  (Read 41750 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Re: How many Sims are you playing?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 14, 21:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello - this is my first post on this forum...  Grin Anyway, I'm designing a database to be used to keep track of my Sims... I don't have nearly as many Sims as most of you do but still I found myself losing track of who was what and where... naturally the database is turning out to be a little more complicated than I expected.  And I made a vow that I can't play any more Sims 2 until I've made good progress on the database, so I'm having major Sims withdrawals.

Anyway if others are interested, I plan to make it available when it's done...

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 14, 23:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going through my sim photos trying to organize them for the storybook, and I keep finding pics I want to share! This situation just has me rolling on the floor. Another chuckle or two for you guys...
« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 12:22:06 by Brynne » Logged
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 14, 23:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is absolutely freakin' hilarious Brynne (not to mention, a little creepy as well). Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 14, 23:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, it's something about the Don Juan sex-fiend suddenly becoming the unwitting daddy to a whole herd of kids...Payback is hell, Don!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 15, 00:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello - this is my first post on this forum...  Grin Anyway, I'm designing a database to be used to keep track of my Sims... I don't have nearly as many Sims as most of you do but still I found myself losing track of who was what and where... naturally the database is turning out to be a little more complicated than I expected.  And I made a vow that I can't play any more Sims 2 until I've made good progress on the database, so I'm having major Sims withdrawals.

Anyway if others are interested, I plan to make it available when it's done...

I'd be interested, I thought about designing one myself, but can't drag myself away from playing long enough. :/ (oh and welcome Smiley)

Brynne, I have just played a house with 2 toddlers and 2 babies - SOD THAT! And you did 7?!? You're mad!  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 15, 00:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I did 11! Don's 9 toddlers and then their two sibling toddlers that Joe kept. Notice all the extra sims hanging around in those pics? They were family recruits to help out  Cheesy.

I also only played them for a day. Joe has the two he adopted at his house now (they're teens, now). But poor Don still has 9 toddlers roaming around his bachelor pad, and I ain't going back there for a while!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 15, 03:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At one point I thought it would be fun to create a kind of "foster home" for some of those poor kids in the adoption pool. I created a sim and then had her adopt 7 of them (4 toddlers, 3 children). The house drove me batty, pause, click, pause, click, rinse lather, repeat. Everyone's aspiration level was in the toilet, the original "foster mom" barely knew or had a relationship with most of the kids...what a nightmare. "Unfortunately" this was in my first custom neighborhood that I ended up having to delete due to constant bugginess so I never did see much progression in the house, too much work.  Roll Eyes

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 15, 15:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

11 babies?! I have to say, you're my idol now, Brynne haha! the best i did was 3 mothers and 5 kids in the house. you can't imagine how happy i was when someone finally grew into a child! now i don't havta worry bout ya! haha!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 15, 17:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

11 babies?! I have to say, you're my idol now, Brynne haha! the best i did was 3 mothers and 5 kids in the house. you can't imagine how happy i was when someone finally grew into a child! now i don't havta worry bout ya! haha!
actually I dont mind  toddlers .I think their cute and I love their little voices .I just wish toddlers could interact with one another.I just got a toddler trained with out smart milk or the thinking cap all inone sim day leaving the toddler time to play and be read to and more time to interact with his parents. not that the gane allows for much real life interaction with toddlers. the toddler is now a child and has a baby brother, his older brother just left for Uni and Mom is pregnant again. to work on hers and Dad's LTW to marry off six kids and Grandpa's to have six grandkids for my prosperity challenge. mom has yet to get a job but Dad is an intern .Grandpa moved out to his own place next door to make room for all these grandkids he wants.the upside of no job and back to back pregnancy's for mom is her cooling skill is nearly maxed out along with her cleaning skill. she reads  books to skill inbetween sleeping,waatching tv,etc.....

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 15, 19:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne -
You're my hero now. I saw the picture with all the toddlers and thought that was too cute. So, I tried to do something similiar. When I got to the 5th toddler, I had to throw in the towel. I think I micromanage them too much and couldn't keep up with queuing their actions and keeping them out of the toilet.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 15, 22:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, you guys, I have to admit I had a little help. I used the "please yourself 2" plant from simlogical to keep everyone's hunger in the green. So no bottles to worry about. Still, all the bathing...I don't know if you noticed, but in one of the pics you can see a bathtub outside. There were actually 3 tubs outside, and one inside. There were also many potty chairs, cribs, and changing tables scattered throughout Don's not so big house, also spreading out into the yard.  In real life, I doubt you could get away with that, as we have something called "weather"...
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 15, 22:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, you guys, I have to admit I had a little help. I used the "please yourself 2" plant from simlogical to keep everyone's hunger in the green. So no bottles to worry about. Still, all the bathing...I don't know if you noticed, but in one of the pics you can see a bathtub outside. There were actually 3 tubs outside, and one inside. There were also many potty chairs, cribs, and changing tables scattered throughout Don's not so big house, also spreading out into the yard.  In real life, I doubt you could get away with that, as we have something called "weather"...

Brynne, I gotta tell you, this has to be the single funniest thing I've ever seen anyone do with a Maxis sim.  I've visited this thread 10 times to just laugh at the pictures.

I keep threatening my Don Lothario with a similar fate.   Wink  Right now, his house is a way station for the romance women to scratch an itch, but....you never know, Don!

*evil laugh*

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 15, 23:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is the funniest thing I have done to my sims, as well! And I put my sims in some pretty weird situations. It's just so funny thinking back when I first had Joe and a very pregnant Bella enter Don's lot. Don was just minding his own business watching tv, alone...had no idea what was about to happen. "Creme la tiche!" I have so many pictures, because it was just non-stop hilarity!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 16, 02:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, it's something about the Don Juan sex-fiend suddenly becoming the unwitting daddy to a whole herd of kids...Payback is hell, Don!
totally Hysterical Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 16, 14:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually I dont mind  toddlers .I think their cute and I love their little voices .I just wish toddlers could interact with one another.
According to this article (haven't tried it myself), toddlers can interact with each other, via the toy box.  (Have to remember to try it with Jen and Jan Danvers next time I play that house again.)

DC
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 October 16, 15:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to this article (haven't tried it myself), toddlers can interact with each other, via the toy box.  (Have to remember to try it with Jen and Jan Danvers next time I play that house again.)

Toddlers can also interact with one another playing with the dollhouse and (if I remember correctly) the toddler skill objects, too. I usually stick my twins together on the dollhouse to get their relationship into the positives since one always seems to hate the other when they're born.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 October 16, 15:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually I dont mind  toddlers .I think their cute and I love their little voices .I just wish toddlers could interact with one another.

DC
thanks if I ever have twins again I will have to try this.no twins post nightlife at all

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 16, 21:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to get the toddlers to interact with each other by clicking on the toybox, the dollhouse, anything toddler-related. No dice. Is this supposed to be an autonomous thing, maybe?
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 16, 23:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how many,  but I have a house on every lot but two in strangtown and each house has 6 to 8  people living in it,  and I have about 25 students in college.    Too many !!!    Cheesy
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 17, 01:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to get the toddlers to interact with each other by clicking on the toybox, the dollhouse, anything toddler-related. No dice. Is this supposed to be an autonomous thing, maybe?

It's definitely not autonomous since my Sims have had their free will priviledges revoked. It's been a couple of weeks since I've had two toddlers in the same house together, but I'm pretty sure I had one go and play with the toy and then have the second one "join". As I recall, the dollhouse especially has weird pathing issues and I had to move it pretty much into the middle of the room (away from walls or other objects) for them both to be able to use it otherwise the join action would fail.

EDIT: Sorry about that, I was wrong about the toddler skill objects - only children and older can join a toddler who is playing with one. Toddlers also can't play with the toybox unless someone takes the toys out of the box for them and even then, the toys can't be shared. They can play together on the dollhouse through the "join" option, though. I had to take a screenie of it because I think it's so adorable. Smiley

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 October 17, 01:33:12 by gynarchy » Logged

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 17, 01:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Winding all the way back to my first post....

Roll Eyes

So, when I was growing up, my mother said to me, over and over..."You never finish anything you start!"  I can't decide if the Sims is the best friend or worst enemy of someone with a completion disorder.

Even though I have a huge number of open plot lines in the main 'hood, I spent the weekend taking Dirk Dreamer and 3 teen NPC's through University.  I've recently installed Uni, so this is just my second time through, and the first time I've ever played the teen NPC's.

Oh my, that was fun.  Uni itself was tedious, but the characters were a perfect match to become thick as theives buddies.  I had Dirk, Alon Livingston, Amy Jones (who turns out beautiful with the right makeover) and Michelle I-forget-her-last-name.   A weekend's worth of work, two romances, a big graduation party and now....sigh....four more characters sitting in the neighborhood bin who need homes and to move on with their lives.  Just what I needed, MORE plot lines.

I'm going to bed!  (After I watch Desperate Housewives on DVR)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 17, 05:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had to break for Desperate Housewives as well, lol.
Briefly going to the toddler subject again, toddlers can get toys out of the toybox themselves once they can walk. They climb into it, practically, and it is really cute. I have pics, somewhere, of course, but they're scattered everywhere while I'm trying to get my storybooks together.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 October 18, 14:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually I dont mind  toddlers .I think their cute and I love their little voices .I just wish toddlers could interact with one another.I just got a toddler trained with out smart milk or the thinking cap all inone sim day leaving the toddler time to play and be read to and more time to interact with his parents. not that the gane allows for much real life interaction with toddlers. the toddler is now a child and has a baby brother, his older brother just left for Uni and Mom is pregnant again. to work on hers and Dad's LTW to marry off six kids and Grandpa's to have six grandkids for my prosperity challenge. mom has yet to get a job but Dad is an intern .Grandpa moved out to his own place next door to make room for all these grandkids he wants.the upside of no job and back to back pregnancy's for mom is her cooling skill is nearly maxed out along with her cleaning skill. she reads  books to skill inbetween sleeping,waatching tv,etc.....

haha, well i can't say i mind them too much. but with 3 pregnant moms and 8 toddlers and babies, especially the toddlers who constantly need to be let out of the crib and put back in the crib...the babies weren't better. feeding them is just plain headache. once i finish with this one, i gotta get another one, and with the wailing toddlers, my mouse was clicking furiously..

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 October 18, 19:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so surprised and thrilled when I discovered this a while back that I actually give toddlers one day of 'skill free' relationship building time now.
The key is that the toddlers must have learned to talk. If you want to 'force' a test, teach 2 toddlers to talk, reduce their fun and social as low as you can and plunk them together with toys. You'll notice them chatting away as they play, (those overachievers talking about work and math are the funniest)
If they can walk, they can fetch their own toys from the toybox, if not, someone else will have to do it for them.
They will only 'talk' in pairs though, so even numbers are handy and kids can 'join' in too.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 October 18, 19:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is true, toddlers do interact. However, sometimes you have to get one of the toddlers to stop playing and then start again before they will start babbling to each other. I find it works best if the toddlers have all their basic skills (walk talk potty) and you keep the adults or teens busy so they dont constantly interfere. I have had twins be best friends once they hit childhood. I havent had to have either of the toddler's fun or social low to do this, just the basic skills and the toy box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: