More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 21:02:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  9 Sims Glitch (Accidentally moved in #9 and kid vanished)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 9 Sims Glitch (Accidentally moved in #9 and kid vanished)  (Read 4366 times)
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
9 Sims Glitch (Accidentally moved in #9 and kid vanished)
« on: 2006 May 12, 14:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finished up a long  Uni run with 8 out of 11 kids, so it had been a long time since I played my prime legacy family.

My heiress graduated, so I moved her back into the legacy house. No messages warning about too many Sims appeared.

When I opened the lot, I realized the mistake. The lot originally had 2 adult males, 2 adult females (both pregnant) and 2 toddlers (twins) = 8 Sims.  Post move the lot had 2 adult males, 3 adult females (2 of them pregnant) and ONE toddler. The second toddler was nowhere to be seen.

The grandfather was carrying out the process of preparing smart milk for the vanished toddler. He was holding his arms the way the Sims do when they're carrying a toddler. He went over to the smart milk machine, made the smart milk and put it on the floor.

The toddler's mother had memories of giving birth to "Fir" and "$Subject." (Fir is the existing toddler.)

The Tombstone of L&D didn't show the vanished toddler as a missing family member. I didn't see anything under the lot debugger except "Force errors," and I wanted to hold off on trying that.

The twins were the product of cheesecake, so I'm wondering if that contributed to the glitch.

I can't find the missing toddler in SimPe, so I think she's toast, but I'd welcome comments. This generation has been plagued with weirdness!  Shocked
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: 9 Sims Glitch (Accidentally moved in #9 and kid vanished)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 12, 14:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to have exploded your neighborhood in a big fiery ball visible from space.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 12, 14:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fear the cheesecake thing is the blameworthy factor. I have used it only once -- to see how it worked, oddly enough -- but only within a minor family with only 2 residents.

Prior to EP1 I had 9 sims in one house due to an indeterminate (game) error -- there were no cheats in effect and no hacks apart from JM's earliest creations (the basic phone hack and no cheering hack if my memory serves). All sims remained playable, and we know anyway that the 8 limit isn't graven in stone like in, say, a CP/M based doodad Roll Eyes

Given that Maxis just fools around all the time with game structure (most to appease the OMGoids) it's not utterly surprising that the cheesecake and (argh!) the actual twins cheat are bound to be FUBARed beyond all hope of reconciliation.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 12, 15:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Yeah, I think I did explode the neighborhood. This family is the backed up version from the old neighborhood where everyone disappeared (never did figure that one out!) but in a new neighborhood.

Someone over at Boolprop asked about the cheesecake. I didn't put the two together until she did so. I'll stay away from it from now on.

Second time in a row I did the 10 kid want thing.

I think I'm going to have to steal J.M.'s post for a signature line. I'm afraid it just about sums up my legacy family.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 12, 15:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize that, since I haven't read the code, there could always be weirdness lurking, but I really don't think it's very LIKELY that cheesecake or forcetwins would cause problems later. All that needs to happen to change a single pregnancy into a twin pregnancy is to set a token that tells the game to run the twins routine instead of the single birth routine or something like that, a simple one-time change. It shouldn't be doing anything that could cause any repercussions later.

More likely, either they broke something to do with combining households and checking the number of Sims in the household, possibly specifically when pregnancy is involved, or the neighborhood was already messed up in some less obvious way. The way to test whether it's the first option would be to set up a dummy hood and try moving a single Sim into a truly full house and a full-including-pregnancy house a few times.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 21, 19:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think it got messed up around the time they were creating all the coding for Uni, when obviously you don't get a "Full House" message if you try to move a sim into a 12 room dorm with 8 or even 9 playable sims in it.  But there are a lot of problems with how the Uni game does show messages about waiting for townie friends to collect their things (what things, I ask myself!) and frequently either forgets altogether, or else you get the message, but the dormies stay put, until you save, exit and reload. 

And, since you say this sim had just graduated, maybe the move-in was done while the game was still in the process of moving him/her across, and this caused some fault in the neighbourhood coding.  And, unfortunately, this is one situation where exiting without saving just doesn't work, as you can't remove the new family member.  However, if the missing twin is still in the characters folder, you could move the current new member back out, clone the baby and another adult, for a substitute parent (relationship to be deleted, or maybe altered later) move them onto a lot, then use the teleporter plus shrub to get the baby back with the family and then adjust the memories in SimPE.  Or - you could start a whole new storyline of the child being kidnapped ...........

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: