More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 15:43:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  userStartup.cheat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: userStartup.cheat  (Read 19154 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
userStartup.cheat
« on: 2007 March 27, 14:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did I do wrong? I put the file (submitted for your approval) into several folders, I tried five different folders that looked like the right place, in documents and in game files. Is it my file? Where the hell does this thing go again? Did I name it wrong or what? I added the .txt extension just now to be able to upload it, when trying to use the file I did save it as .cheat.

I know I used to have it set up right.

* userStartup.cheat.txt (1.95 KB - downloaded 404 times.)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: userStartup.cheat
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 27, 14:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, first it has to go in the 'Config' folder under The Sims 2.  Second, I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that you need to repeat the actual command twice in the alias line before putting in the help text.  At least, that's how I have mine setup and it works fine.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 27, 15:18:55 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 27, 14:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It belongs in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Config

My cheats are written like so:

alias snapn "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "snap to grid = no" "snap to grid = no"
alias snapy "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "snap to grid = yes" "snap to grid = yes"

alias flrn "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Floors Weird" "Floors weird"
alias flry "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Floors normal" "Floors normal"

Not sure if that will make a difference, but it works for me. Putting it in the Config folder will help, too.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 27, 15:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cheats are written like so:

alias snapn "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "snap to grid = no" "snap to grid = no"
alias snapy "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "snap to grid = yes" "snap to grid = yes"

The last two arguments are just help text.  They don't make any difference to the functionality.  I'm currently using a null string for the last one, and I have in the past used a null string for both.

Code:
alias m "moveObjects on" "Move normally unmovable objects" ""
alias m- "moveObjects off" "Do not move normally unmovable objects" ""

Wait.  A while ago, wasn't someone saying that if they included a particular cheat, that nothing after that was being recognized?  I can't remember which one or whether it was ever confirmed to be a real phenomenon.  Hmm, looks like one of the Pets cheats, because I have those stuck at the very bottom of my file with a note not to put anything after them.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 27, 15:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are definitly on to something there, 'cause my file hasn't been working properly either since seasons. I've got quite a long list of cheats and aliases, but only debug mode seems to get turned on upon loading. Moveobjects and the 45 degree rotation etc. still have to be entere manually, and my aliases don't work either = huge PITA.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 27, 15:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It belongs in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Config

Not sure if that will make a difference, but it works for me. Putting it in the Config folder will help, too.

Cheers, thanks for the proper folder name.  I'm not at my game machine, so I was trying to remember it off the top of my head.  Tongue

The only Seasons-specific one I see in there is the 'bugjardecay' one -- maybe that has to be at the end of the file?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 27, 15:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll try that. I wonder if all the cheats need to be in order of expansion release? But that would make no sense, code is code... Then again oft Maxis code makes no sense.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 27, 15:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait.  A while ago, wasn't someone saying that if they included a particular cheat, that nothing after that was being recognized?  I can't remember which one or whether it was ever confirmed to be a real phenomenon.  Hmm, looks like one of the Pets cheats, because I have those stuck at the very bottom of my file with a note not to put anything after them.

Grumble, grumble.  I've been searching, and I can't find that comment.  Hope I didn't dream it.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 27, 15:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here it is. Smiley There are a couple other posts in the thread about it as well, this is just the first one I could find.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 27, 16:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well. And that cheat is right at the top of my file too! Thanks!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 27, 16:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think bugjardecay works in the cheat file.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 27, 16:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about what cheats won't work but I do know that if you spell a cheat wrong, the game stops reading the file at that point.

Inteen for AL, yay!
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 27, 16:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here it is. Smiley There are a couple other posts in the thread about it as well, this is just the first one I could find.
Well, then.  I wonder how I got it confused with a Pets cheat?  I don't even have Seasons yet. At least that explains why my searches for Pets cheats weren't turning anything up.

I guess the mind really is the first thing to go.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 27, 16:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my cheats have been working fine since Seasons. Haven't changed the file (other than adding a couple of things) since OFB. I'll attach mine here and you can try it with your own aliases.

* userStartup.txt (1.22 KB - downloaded 401 times.)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 27, 16:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the mind really is the first thing to go.
Not for me. Mine was the butt.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 27, 19:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know a year or so ago, I had this same problem with some cheats not working when I first starting using the userstartup...figured out that if the command did not have UINTPROP/BOOLPROP/FLOATPROP it could not be put in the first "loading" section (it would disable anything after it), but could be put set as an alias. I have never been able to get MoveObjects On to stay on always by putting in the loading/top section, for example. But any "prop" command works. My file:

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp allow45degreeAngleOfRotation true
floatProp tvVolume 0.1
boolProp   dontMergeNHFlora false
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

#------------------------------------------------------------------
# Aliases
#------------------------------------------------------------------

alias mon "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
alias moff "moveObjects off" "Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"

alias soff "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "Snap Objects to Grid Off" "Snap Objects to Grid On"
alias son "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "Snap Objects to Grid On" "Snap Objects to Grid Off"

alias coff "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Constrain Floor Elevation Off" "Constrain Floor Elevation Off"
alias con "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Constrain Floor Elevation On" "Constrain Floor Elevation On"

alias hon "showHeadlines on" "Show Headlines On" "Show Headlines On"
alias hoff "showHeadlines off" "Show Headlines Off" "Show Headlines Off"

alias clres "changeLotZoning residential" "change lot type to residential"
alias clcomm "changeLotZoning community" "change lot type to community"
alias cldorm "changeLotZoning dorm" "change lot type to dorm"
alias clss "changeLotZoning secretsociety" "change lot type to secret society"
alias clgreek "changeLotZoning greek" "change lot type to greek house"

alias r15 "roofslopeangle 15"
alias r20 "roofslopeangle 20"
alias r25 "roofslopeangle 25"
alias r30 "roofslopeangle 30"
alias r35 "roofslopeangle 35"
alias r40 "roofslopeangle 40"
alias r45 "roofslopeangle 45"
alias r50 "roofslopeangle 50"
alias r55 "roofslopeangle 55"
alias r60 "roofslopeangle 60"

So some of you have MoveObjects On in the top area, and never have to type it in game?

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 27, 19:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought playing with moveobects on in live mode could cause errors...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 27, 19:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know a year or so ago, I had this same problem with some cheats not working when I first starting using the userstartup...figured out that if the command did not have UINTPROP/BOOLPROP/FLOATPROP it could not be put in the first "loading" section (it would disable anything after it), but could be put set as an alias. I have never been able to get MoveObjects On to stay on always by putting in the loading/top section, for example. But any "prop" command works.

Interesting suggestion.  I checked mine.  There's only one command that isn't a "prop" or an alias.  It's faceblendlimits off, and I can't really say I've seen much evidence that it's working. Kinda forgot it was there, actually.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 27, 20:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experiments, the 45 degrees cheat and the moveobjects cheat didn't work in userstartup - as a "global" cheat, but only in each lot. Maybe that would explain something.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 27, 20:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I had the 45% angle cheat working as a startup cheat in the past, as well as the shaders cheat. Those are both boolprop and I didn't use them as aliases.
Unless something changed the angle cheat in Pets. It worked in OFB, I think. I know it worked before that.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 27, 21:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we should just merge all userCheat related threads and pin it? Or move it into War Room.  This sort of thing seems to come up time and again. Smiley

Ste

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 27, 21:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have vsync off in mine, and it's not a "prop" cheat. Same with SetHighestAllowedLevel. And those are my top 2 in the list.

All the rest are, though, or aliases. The only thing I've tried and had fail is it won't let me set an alias for maxmotives.  Huh Which is annoying.

As for running with moveobjects causing an error?  Cheesy Remember that people blame "boolprop" for everything, too.  Wink I don't like leaving it turned on while building because it will let you place things in places where they won't work. Also, I like my windows and doors to snap into place, not be set in front of the wall if I'm not paying close attention. But, I have forgotten to turn it back off if I need to turn it on to move something while in Live mode, and nothing bad has ever happened.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 27, 21:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I do when I enter a lot to build is type "soff" and "mon" in the cheat box. :-)

45 degree angle works just fine for me as of last night. It is always on.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 27, 21:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experiments, the 45 degrees cheat and the moveobjects cheat didn't work in userstartup - as a "global" cheat, but only in each lot. Maybe that would explain something.

I've had the 45 degree cheat in my userStartup as a global cheat for a while, and it has always worked.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 27, 23:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis, you do know that the < and > keys are needed to get the 45 degree rotation?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: