More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 07:46:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lame Party Scoring
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lame Party Scoring  (Read 24298 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Re: Lame Party Scoring
« Reply #50 on: 2006 February 23, 16:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had all the equipment written in the manual, but it didn't help, and suddenly all the guests left. I got a "disaster" rate, and had to exit without saving. From then on, I threw parties only if I had a good cause, such as wedding, or age transition.

I actually really like throwing parties in the Sims, and do it often just for fun (and to satisfy their wants). I love watching them schmooze and smustle. Having a disaster party is just one of those things that occasionally happen, and personally I'd not exit the game for that reason alone, I think my Sims have their ups and downs and negative memories are just part of the spice of the Sims.

On the other hand my policy to always save, no matter what happens. And just a couple days ago, I lost an entire family that way (including my beloved Alexander Goth). I actually posted about it on the BBS here (and got a number of sympathy benes.  Roll Eyes )   But the show must go on.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 February 23, 16:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't, but you can resurrect him
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 February 23, 16:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that raises a question, you can't plead to save someone dieing of old age, can you?
Nope, death from old age is it, the end.  You can, as gali said, resurrect them later, if you have the means.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 February 23, 16:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And of course, you can't have aging off during the party if you want your sim to transition naturally!  (But, if you'd known it was going to happen, you could have used the cheat to make him an adult again!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 February 23, 16:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or drink some Elixir, but you did say you had lost track of how old he was...so I'm sure you already know these things. Smiley
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 February 23, 17:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was a former master vampire, and I was really tired of seeing him walk around all the time with his arm in front of his face.  I wasn't sorry to lose him.  But the timing could have been better.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 February 23, 17:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he wasn't at least in gold, though, you'd only hasten the end!  So maybe you should have got him to drink the stuff BEFORE the party!  (Then it could have been a Wake!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 February 23, 17:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the problem is that age transitions happen at 6 pm, and so any sim scheduled to die will do so during the party if you are having one for another sim who is also transitioning on the same day.  You can delay the transition only if you are paying attention and cancel the age transition icon from their queue before they actually start to transition.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 February 23, 17:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortuanately, he was perma-platinum.  I changed him to be a fortune Sim after curing his vampirism, and his lifetime want was to earn $100,000.  Thanks to 2 chance cards he managed to hit that goal on the day he transitioned to elder.  Even by that time I was hoping he'd transition in green or red to keep his life as short as possible.  On the plus side, I'd been trying out TwoJeffs age duration hack at the time, so even transitioning in platinum he only lived another 10 days or so.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 February 23, 17:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Debugger has an option to Toggle the LTW Bit, which means if your sim is platinum, you can just make them green again.  (And vice versa).

Zephyr Zodiac
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 February 23, 19:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other scenarios may also be affected by off-lot conversers: For instance, the Greek house scenario, if one of the Greek house members is on the phone, will instantly end and possibly be uncompleteable if you hang up the phone, disintegrating the off-lot Greek house member, which the scenario interprets as one of the members leaving.

I have been puzzling over this...does "Greek house scenario" refer to getting/hazing pledges?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 February 23, 19:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the new applicant has to serve a period when the frat members can get him to cook and clean and do their assignments etc. without having to pay influence points, at the end of which he/she becomes a full member and can move in.

If the applicant applies to join, from another house, it works differently.

Zephyr Zodiac
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 February 23, 20:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thank you. I wondered if there was something I was missing, like the party/headmaster mini-games, which are often referred to as scenarios.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 February 23, 21:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The scenario refers more to your sim calling a Greek house from their dorm or regular residence and asking to join.  The frat/sorority members arrive and run around the place in togas and chat with the residents, play instruments, play pool, etc.  The scenario then begins where you have a window telling you what STR level you have to build with each member before they will let you join.  You have 5-6 hours to do this.  Make sure your sim either doesn't have class or doesn't leave to go to class during the scenario, because it will end.  Though you won't have to build up the relationships as much next time.  It does help if you've already built up a relationship with some of them, because that will save you time!  You usually need 25 with one member, 15 with another and 10 with two others, or something like that.  Once you achieve this, your sim is then a full-fledged Greek member.  He or she can then use the phone to "Move to Greek House."  They leave the lot and you should find them at the Greek house.  Only I haven't used this because I've heard of problems with it.  I usually have my sims in the Greek house invite them over and ask them to move in.  You can only ask Greek members to move into a Greek house. 

The other way is as ZZ describes, where you are on the Greek lot and one of the members asks another sim to pledge.  If the relationship is high enough, they accept, and after they spend enough time on your lot, they are accepted for membership.  During this time, you can use Influence to get them to do stuff like cleaning, writing term papers, etc. for free, meaning it doesn't cost your sim Influence points.  It's not necessary to do this, though.  You may have to invite the sim over again, until they spend enough time, I think it's like 16 hours or so, at which time you'll get a message saying that so-and-so has spent enough time at your house to qualify for full membership, you'll have to spend influence points in the future to get them to do stuff for you, and you may now invite them to move into your house. 

Can you tell I've spent too much time playing this game?? Cheesy  I've done it both ways, it just depends on what mood I'm in.  The first method is shorter but takes a little more involvement.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 23, 21:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Rainbow - you've got more energy than me - the first way takes so much explaining and I only mentioned it in passing! Grin  (By the way, did you see my little message to you in another thread about graduation parties going wrong?  You'd mentioned using the moveout staythings shrub, which you don't need in Uni and I did wonder if that might have somehow caused a glitch).

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 February 23, 21:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Rainbow - you've got more energy than me - the first way takes so much explaining and I only mentioned it in passing! Grin  (By the way, did you see my little message to you in another thread about graduation parties going wrong?  You'd mentioned using the moveout staythings shrub, which you don't need in Uni and I did wonder if that might have somehow caused a glitch).
Yeah, I saw your message, but I can't swear I used the shrub.  I'm sure I did though because other times I've moved sims out of a house in Uni, all of their things were sold just like they are in the neighborhood.  The problem occurred before I moved them out, so I don't think that would be the problem.  In fact, I moved them out because of the problem, which was solved by moving them into another house, then back to the original.  I assumed that everything was still there as it was before due to Inge's shrub.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 February 23, 23:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange, I've moved sims from greek houses en masse because the lot wouldn't load, I've graduated the last sim in a house, I've moved sims from a cheap house to a better one, and the stuff has never been sold.  And I have NL installed (though in my present game I haven't actually loaded Downtown yet) and as far as I remember, it's never affected how Uni operates in this respect.

I've only once or twice, before the Uni patch, had a problem with students not graduating properly, too, and that was solved then with TJ's mods, although I took them out after that and never had another problem!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 February 24, 09:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wanting to say this ever since I saw your avatar gali:
Here in Greece, when someone/something is VERY cute, we say "you could drink him/her from the glass" (yah, I know it sounds pretty weird translated, but so do most regional sayings when translated to another language, right?). Ever heard it and taken it literally?  Grin

For your surprise, I have heared it - we were neighbours once, I am a Bulgarian, and the Bulgarians have the same slogan, word by word...Smiley.

Hehe, I'm indeed surprised! Oh, btw, your nick actually means "cat" in ancient greek. Coincidence too?

Let the Beast inside you free!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 February 24, 10:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, DrBeast, pure coincidence  Cheesy

But, you have great imagination, as all the simmers do...Smiley.

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 February 24, 10:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh? Imagination? Why, I'm not imagining things, I observe...I think! Tell me doctor, is it serious?! Will the green manalishi with the two-pronged crown get me?!?

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 February 24, 13:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh? Imagination? Why, I'm not imagining things, I observe...I think! Tell me doctor, is it serious?! Will the green manalishi with the two-pronged crown get me?!?

Lol, DrBeast, it's not an illness to be imaginative - most inventors have it; without it we couldn't have the phone, and the washing machine, and the computers...Smiley. I think the simmers are imaginative people too, observing the game, finding solutions for their observations, sharing their own inventions (as hacks and creations). You have an imagination - you have a dream to fulfill...Smiley.

I am honoured to belong to this society...Smiley.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 February 24, 13:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that imagination will take you a looooong way when you're dabbling with DNA!

Uh...did I say that? Nope, I didn't! You didn't hear that from me, nonono!

Now, where did that bloody 5-legged dog go this time...?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: