More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 01:58:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default skins ...again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default skins ...again  (Read 2549 times)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Default skins ...again
« on: 2006 February 24, 14:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have finally gotten really tired of all my sims being skin type 3 or 4 with black or brown hair and brown eyes.  Even trying to selectively breed I can't seem to get away from these generic looking  neighborhoods and so I have been playing in SimPE trying to figure out what all those files do  Huh

I know that there was a thread about the dominant/recessive genes awhile back and I looked up the default skin replacement thread but I just am too dumb to figure out what to do or the easiest way to change the defaults or stop that dominant crap.  Ideally I would like it to just be random but it seems every time I mate a blonde light with a dark hair dark ALL the kids are dark with dark hair.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Default skins ...again
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 24, 18:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, though it is apparently accurate, reality doesn't use a formula.

In real life, I know a blonde blue eyed fair (tone 1) woman with a black haired, brown eyed dark (tone 4) husband and their kids are 1-boy like dad, 2-boy tone 3 with dad's hair but mom's eyes, 3 daughter like mom but black hair. In my game, the same coloured couple produced 22 kids, from tone 2-4 and each with black hair.
I also know an Asian/Scandinavian couple whose twin daughters were perfectly mixed. One was very fair, blonde with blue eyes and Asian features, the other had very Scandinavian features with black hair and darker skin. They were stunningly beautiful girls.

If you don't care about genetic accuracy, you could mix it up by changing the dominance of your blonde hair to the same or nearly the same number as black, (or reducing dominance of black) though you'd have to change each one...
I haven't messed with dominance settings in my game but there is some really useful information in that other thread that should help you through it. Even  though it seems rather complicated at first, once you've done one or two you'll have no problems.

good luck Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 February 24, 19:07:08 by Zeljka » Logged

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: