More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 25, 20:23:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Application must terminate while playing instruments
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Application must terminate while playing instruments  (Read 4435 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Application must terminate while playing instruments
« on: 2007 February 17, 16:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to shoot some footage for a video, as you may know from my podium thread, and I've gotten near the end. Three or four times now the application has been terminated with the windows pop-up box saying "The Sims 2 has crashed and must terminate" or something similar, you know the one. Each time it's happened only when I get the 3 sims playing 3 maxis instruments: drums, guitar, bass, all with max creativity. The drums plays rock and the other two join in simultaneously.

I have a custom guitar, which when I tried to place it said it caused an error, and when I hit reset, it gave me just the guitar lying flat on the ground, so I used the maxis guitar.

suspecting it would happen again, I turned testingcheats on and tried to reproduce the crash, and it worked. Attached is the last error log from tonight.

What is causing this and how can I fix it? It's not always right away, so I've managed to get a little footage, but...

I think this is the right log anyway

[attachment deleted by admin]

INFP or something
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Application must terminate while playing instruments
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 17, 17:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you have an outdated No Busking hack?  Those usually jump, not crash tho.

Is there a controller for the custom guitars?  Maybe that's missing or outdated.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 17, 17:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No busking? And would a custom guitar controller interfere with the standard maxis one?

I had issues with the custom guitar not being put back in the stand before, and I seem to vaguely recall downloading sometihng to do with custom guitars... from a creator who no longer creates so.. I want to say Numenor... updated and archived the hacks on MTS2... does this sound familiar? I'm going to comb through my hacks now...

INFP or something
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 17, 19:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was atavera who made the custom guitars and the controller for them, but I've had this problem even with the Maxis guitar, though it only happened once, and only the guitar was being played at the time, no other instruments.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 17, 19:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...WTF? I edited my post! uh oh...

I edited to add that it was indeed Atavera that I was thinking of, and that the issue with the custom guitar might have had something to do with the fact that I didn't have the custom instrument hack in my DL folder, though I remember DLing it. But I was wondering if that would affect maxis guitars or anything.

ETA: custom instrument hack doesn't appear to be helping, as it crashed again. Also happened even with nothing else running- odd because that's usually an out of memory type error. Will test on other lots
« Last Edit: 2007 February 18, 07:33:10 by kuronue » Logged

INFP or something
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 19, 09:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Squinge's move away from instruments hack?  I had that in my game, and I noticed that my sims would appear to be stuck on the instruments.  They would just freeze up without animating, but their motives would continue to change.  I had to show dormies who would get stuck on them or cancel the interaction out with my playables.

I haven't verified that the hack was the cause, as I have removed it, but I haven't played since...

Ste

Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 19, 10:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Atavera's playable custom guitars do not seem work properly in OFB. A common problem is that the sim cannot put the guitar down when finished playing, requiring the sim to be reset and the guitar deleted. Also, his Custom Instruments Hack conflicts with a few other hacks:

* Move Away From the Instruments - By Squinge
    * MQ No Autonomous Play Music Max Creativity - By Monique
    * No autonomous instruments + TipJar Fix - By Squinge
    * Tipping Fix - FFS

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 20, 16:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Atavera's playable custom guitars do not seem work properly in OFB. A common problem is that the sim cannot put the guitar down when finished playing, requiring the sim to be reset and the guitar deleted. Also, his Custom Instruments Hack conflicts with a few other hacks:

* Move Away From the Instruments - By Squinge
    * MQ No Autonomous Play Music Max Creativity - By Monique
    * No autonomous instruments + TipJar Fix - By Squinge
    * Tipping Fix - FFS

That was the issue I'd had earlier. So it's an OFB thing? Ok, will delete the custom guitar (since I doubt it'll be updated). However, I don't have any other music mods in my hacks folder...

INFP or something
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 21, 06:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this same issue for a while (I think since OFB).  At first, it was only when multiple Sims were playing. The last time I tried a single Sim on the bass the game crashed. FWIW, I have no custom instruments. I have no problems at all with the piano, only the Uni instruments.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: