More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 17:46:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Mail Lady on a Loop...Help?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mail Lady on a Loop...Help?  (Read 2276 times)
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
Mail Lady on a Loop...Help?
« on: 2009 January 18, 10:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new lot that it took me almost a week to build. I moved in a single sim who lived there alone, with a butler, for about 4 or 5 game days, with absolutely no problems. At this point, I decided this house was too good for a second rate CAS, and moved him out and moved in a legacy with 3 members. I had everything set up so that the younger generation could immediately get married in the garden upon move-in. The taxi dropped them off, and I set the bride off to call the guests over right away. Everything was going great, until the mail lady showed up about halfway through the party.

I got the little pop-up that showed her at the mailbox, I was distracted so I just closed it and continued the party. But then it kept popping up, over and over again. I paused and looked over there to see what the hell she was doing, and she just kept walking in a circle around the mailbox, attempting to put mail in, failing, and repeat. I decided to ignore it until the party was done, so after the happy couple left on their "honeymoon", I tried to get the family matriarch, who is a witch, to just spell her away. That didn't work, so I tried the SOR, and my game just froze upon re-entering live mode. I hadn't saved, so when I reloaded the family was still in their "just got here" positions.

I tried the SOR again, same thing. I then downloaded the lotdebugger, because I searched and saw someone with a similar problem on here who was told to use that. I believe the option was supposed to be "nuke stuck bills", or something like that, but I did not see any option to nuke stuck anything. I think it says that doesn't show up unless there's something stuck, so I'm guessing there just wasn't something stuck. I am at a loss as to what to try next, aside from just letting the mail lady live in front of my mailbox.

I ran the HCDU and nothing comes up except the kitten killer conflicting with itself, so it's not that. Also, I may be wrong here, but I don't think the mail carrier is supposed to come on day one on a lot. I honestly can't remember, since I use Monique's computer to pay bills online, so I just pay them when the pop-up reminds me to without too much thought behind when the bills came. And the little red flag is up on the mailbox, but I think it gets stuck like that all the time with the online bill pay, and it never caused any problems before. So, that's my problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, if more info is needed, please let me know what. I have all expansion packs, including Apartment Life and M&G, if that helps.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Mail Lady on a Loop...Help?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 18, 11:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly question, but have you tried deleting the mail woman, saving, then reloading your lot?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
Re: Mail Lady on a Loop...Help?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 18, 11:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I didn't try that or even moving her because I thought it would a VBT. I'll give it a go, and report back. Any idea on what's causing the SOR to freeze the game, though?

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: