More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 22:50:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Auronomy control problems + other odd issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Auronomy control problems + other odd issues  (Read 3443 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Auronomy control problems + other odd issues
« on: 2008 October 12, 10:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family of six kids. I got sick to death of them building sandcastles every minute I wasn't watching. So I proscribed them one by one. I still wanted the two youngest kids to be able to build them.

After I'd done four proscriptions, the "By GUID" for sandcastles was greyed out. So I thought I'd do the whole family and be done with it. I cleared all settings, then set sandcastle building as proscribed for the whole family. Yet several of the family are still making sandcastles.

I updated the latest hacks tonight, as per the hacks announcement thread. Tonight in play I noticed some oddities.

Firstly, I can't make my sims interact with their pets. I only have a shoo, or a command. No Praise, Scold or Give Love interactions. This is for all family members and for all three dogs.

The sims kept waking up and getting out of bed, despite being under Sleepclock.  There are no ghosts, there was no burglar, it snowed was the only thing that happened. The trash can was kicked over but that doesn't usually make them get up.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Auronomy control problems + other odd issues
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 12, 11:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I'd done four proscriptions, the "By GUID" for sandcastles was greyed out. So I thought I'd do the whole family and be done with it. I cleared all settings, then set sandcastle building as proscribed for the whole family. Yet several of the family are still making sandcastles.
The Sandcastle is actually a complex interaction that launches by invisible bike. Since the invisible bike pushes the "real" interaction as an instant, it is not possible to use Autonomy Control to shut down the interaction (proscribing the sandcastle itself will only prevent it from being autonomously interacted with, it will not stop new sandcastles from being attacked)

I updated the latest hacks tonight, as per the hacks announcement thread. Tonight in play I noticed some oddities.

Firstly, I can't make my sims interact with their pets. I only have a shoo, or a command. No Praise, Scold or Give Love interactions. This is for all family members and for all three dogs.
It's funny that you should mention this. I've noticed this before, but it occurs intermittently and without any apparent pattern. I have a wild theory that it is due to some kind of peculiar "anti-pet-mongling" code that EAxis fumbled. At least, that's the only reason *I* can think of, since it apparently classifies these actions as "romantic" and classifies the pets themselves as "fambly", and this is why those actions vanish. Why does this check exist? I have no idea. Obviously, at some point, bestiality was planned in an expansion, but was scrapped for the obvious reasons. An attempt to fix this was made. It should be repaired in nopedostalkers.

The sims kept waking up and getting out of bed, despite being under Sleepclock.  There are no ghosts, there was no burglar, it snowed was the only thing that happened. The trash can was kicked over but that doesn't usually make them get up.
Insufficient information: Cannot reproduce issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 12, 11:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously, at some point, bestiality was planned in an expansion, but was scrapped for the obvious reasons. An attempt to fix this was made. It should be repaired in nopedostalkers.

LOL! I'll make sure I have the latest nopedostalkers. Though I usually update hacks before every play session.

Insufficient information: Cannot reproduce issue.

I'll run a hack conflict scan tomorrow night and make double sure I have all the latest hacks.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 12, 11:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like what happens when "there's weather in my house".  Is the roof weatherproof?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 13, 06:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the pet thing too, and it was due to the last update of nopedostalkers. The latest update is fine though.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 13, 06:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like what happens when "there's weather in my house".  Is the roof weatherproof?

I'm pretty sure. I'm planning renovations but not done them yet. I'll check tonight. First I have to cook tea, wash the dishes and change the rats' bedding. THEN I'm allowed to play!  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: