More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 22:14:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Suggestions for Death and Destruction?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for Death and Destruction?  (Read 16689 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Suggestions for Death and Destruction?
« on: 2006 July 21, 00:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of any new or old mods that make death and destruction more prominent in the game? Ex. More roaches, More Disease, Etc.

Linda

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Death and Destruction?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 21, 01:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like this too!

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 21, 01:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you guys have a bad day, or something?  Tongue Wink
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 21, 01:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is being asked for all the time, all over the place.  Maybe Maxis need to listen and bring out the Health Expansion (with MIDDLE-AGED LIFESPAN) that I have been asking for since the game came out ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 21, 01:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of any new or old mods that make death and destruction more prominent in the game? Ex. More roaches, More Disease, Etc.

Linda

You can get a collection that includes roaches, and dump a whole bunch of roaches on your lot, practically guaranteeing sims will get sick. Would that do?

Fail.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 21, 01:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just have a cleanbot break down trying to clean up after a broken down hydrobot and you'll have plenty of garbage everywhere, sure to bring plenty of roaches.

Or use the science career reward to make viruses.

But my sims do NEED A MIDDLE AGE, just like Ancient's.  I ain't old, but I ain't young either.  So I'm in the middle, too.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 21, 02:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope not a bad day. Just had another hood explode from over population. I would like some death. I hate them living so long. It seems like even if i get them sick they are well withing a day.  I can't find anything to help them randomly die. I usto love the give birth then die. or chocking death. they gave some randomness.  Sighs, I just want something unplanned.

lol

I am 25.

The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 21, 02:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's the experimental decimation option.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 21, 02:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah but doesn't that mainly kill townies?  I am would just love if the power of the disease was bumped up. I don't know if it was just me but it seems with just the base game death and disease happened so much more.

I am 25.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 21, 03:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently tried the experimental decimation option on a hood that had too many playables for me (the merged 3 maxis hoods that's in peasantry).  I played it for a while but only got to the start of the next generation, most of the premade children had graduated and started producing the next generation before I realised there were just too many sims in the combined neighbourhood for my taste.

3 of the decimated sims were babies at the time.  It really caused some weirdness when I next played the lots where those babies had lived, presumably as babies aren't supposed to die there is no code to handle their deaths.  Using the lot debugger I was able to generate tombstones for the babies, which got rid of the ghostlike versions of them.  However I couldn't move those tombstones to the graveyards using the 'move grave' option.  Probably because there's no animation for babies waving goodbye either.

I also had dead drivers taking my sims to work & school (when I looked at their memories in SimPE I saw they had the "I am dead" token).  Even though my sims never interact with drivers, something about undead drivers was just a little too freaky for me.

Next time I want to decimate a neighbourhood I think I'll put their names in a hat (playables only, and only if they are teen or older), and draw out names until I reach 10% of my playable population.  Then find a way to kill those sims off in game, probably using debug mode to get interesting variations in my ghosts.

Back on topic, I've never ever had a sim die of disease.  It's not because I rest them because I don't.  I've tried the opposite by making them work out or smustle - nope, they still always recover.  I also don't play the lot until the disease is over, if my lot rotation schedule says it's time to move on to the next lot then I move on regardless of any sick sims on the lot.

Death by old age gets mighty boring when it's the cause of death of 99% of your sims.  The option to call other types of death at my will would be neat.  But I guess that's what debug mode is for.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 21, 03:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the Potions of Death? Here.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 21, 04:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would like to see is out of nowhere at any adult age for no reason at all ..that sim's time is up and his head explodes!  No warning whatsoever.. Grin

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 21, 04:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww. Missing Blue are you? Wink

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 21, 04:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm ... would be nice to see a mod that gives a low random chance of a heart attack at any time for adults and elders.  Likelihood varies according to age (days left in age for adults, days old for elders) and fitness levels.  Also higher chance during/after strenuous activity (woohoo, smustling, working out).  Could use the 'choking death' animation.  The correlation to fitness wouldn't need to be too strong - most of my sims are very fit, so if the correlation was too strong I wouldn't see any deaths - but the likelihood would need to be higher for unfit sims.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 21, 04:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The choking death would be funny for Grilled Cheese sims. All that cholesterol ya know. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 21, 04:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the next neighborhood introduced in the game should be a ghetto. Full of random violence, so your sims can be killed in a drive-by shooting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 21, 04:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be nice.  But seriously i figured you, jm, would be all over tring to make a mod that kills randomly and inflicts pain and destruction.  You constantly amaze me how kind, sweet, gentle and loving you are becoming. *smirks cutely*

I am 25.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 21, 04:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would, but filling your neighborhood with dead junk character files is bad for the health of your neighborhood. If townies didn't leave behind dead files when they died, I'd have streets filled with violence, murder, and death.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 21, 04:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no way to auto squash those dead files?

I am 25.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 21, 04:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no way to auto squash those dead files?
Nope. Not sure even SimPE wiping is 100% effective anymore, it seems to leave NID holes.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 21, 04:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, So i guess the question is how many dead files can be in a hood before implode time?

I am 25.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 21, 05:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My reason for wanting something like that is because I'd like to put a chink in my ability to micromanage my way through everything.  I'm not the sort of person that likes to kill off my Sims intentionally, and the ways that they could accidently die aren't even close to frequent enough for my taste (with the possible exceptions of over-haunting by angry ghosts that I haven't moved to a graveyard).  I've got way too many elders making it to old age.  Perhaps if illnesses were harder to treat.  Or perhaps if the Sims only freaked out about the cockroaches the first time so that I don't feel the need to clean up trash so fast.  Oh!  If they could be food poisoned more easily - I can't keep them from eating crap all of the time.  Or maybe if the fire people had a much worse response time.  It would also help if Death was better at winning that game.  I don't really want a mass destruction of townies (I feel no reason to hold back killing them through other methods), but some slight destruction of playable Sims would help.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 21, 05:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

avalikia i could kiss you. I had forgotten i had no eat crap. I am going to go through my mods and take out the ones that make them behave like sensible people. I WILL POISION THEM

I am 25.

Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 21, 06:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Don Lothario make a virus and lets just say, he's rather prolific in my neighbourhood... a lot of sims died of woohoo transmitted diseases Tongue Cleared up my population explosion in no time! Wink

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 21, 06:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

avalikia i could kiss you.
No touchie!

I never got that one in the first place because my Sims weren't getting food poisoned often enough even without it.

Sick romance Sims might be a good idea...

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: