More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 01:03:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim Murder
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Murder  (Read 21098 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Sim Murder
« Reply #25 on: 2006 July 16, 00:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, if you ever wanted to adopt a baby, you'd end up adopting those Sims that you desperately want to get rid of.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 July 16, 05:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean you get sims you desperate wanted to get rid of, as opposed to sims you *STILL* desperately want to get rid of because they look freaky and have shitty personality because they don't let you pick one out at the pound?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 July 18, 10:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the links to Winter's mods!  Pretty much what I needed I think. 

I have tried so many ways but they always seem to fail for whatever reason.  For example I had a husband lock his cheating wife in her bedroom with enough food preparing things to create flies but that was when I found that locking the doors to her room doesn't stop service NPCs from going in and cleaning it.  I  just removed the doors but even then she lived for so long I finally just let her out for her preserverence.  Those "non-locking for service NPCS doors" also allows the cowplant to eat nannies while the parents are at work (if you want to guarantee a visit from the social worker).  Since the plant seemed to randomly eat people walking by I think those locks may not work on those outgoing sims that invite themselves in too so I just don't use it.  I kept just losing people unless I remembered to completely take the gate off.

Also, it seems that the robots "do chores" doesn't allow them to die without turning freewill off.  I had one take a bubble bath so social, fun and power were red but all she did was run outside trying to recharge (she couldn't because of outside music which I thought was odd but oh well).  Finally I locked her up with all 3 still in the red and she just continuously tried to recharge while the social bunny laughed at her.

I thought the mad scientist career reward creating a virus could be given to sims but there are no options when the virus is created other than discard.  Same husband mentioned above also tried that on his tramp wife thinking maybe she would get ill which would make the death much quicker but no such luck.

On the same subject - there should be a mod when sims are getting robbed to wake up to beat the tar out of the robber instead of standing there watching with no interactions available.  That is a guaranteed weeks worth of wants to see the robber's ghost and it's not like he will come over if you invite him later.  It just isn't right that Captain Hero stands there like an idiot watching the cop lose the fight.

Oh well, off to test my new killing options!  Thanks again Jade!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 July 18, 13:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the thought of a nanny ghost like that.  Someone somewhere PLEASE do it.  I am sort of seeing the flat ghost in Beetlejuice in my mind as a nanny ... oh, I can't bear it.  I must have it.

* veilchen completely agrees with Ancient

What's with the new line? Who didn't know that you are a girl? Point them to your hilarious stories and articles of yours, Ancient; that'll do it.

Sintrinity, that always bugged the hell out of me too. Stupid Sims standing there being utterly useless, while the cop looses the fight. Then they compound that stupidity by bursting out in tears thinking about their stolen stuff. Kick the crap outta that burglar, you stupid wuss.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 July 19, 01:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried so many ways but they always seem to fail for whatever reason.  For example I had a husband lock his cheating wife in her bedroom with enough food preparing things to create flies but that was when I found that locking the doors to her room doesn't stop service NPCs from going in and cleaning it.  I  just removed the doors but even then she lived for so long I finally just let her out for her preserverence.  Those "non-locking for service NPCS doors" also allows the cowplant to eat nannies while the parents are at work (if you want to guarantee a visit from the social worker).  Since the plant seemed to randomly eat people walking by I think those locks may not work on those outgoing sims that invite themselves in too so I just don't use it.  I kept just losing people unless I remembered to completely take the gate off.
You may wish to try Authorized Personnel Only. Unlike funny Maxian locks, Authorized Personnel Only does not grant exception merely for sims that have set themselves in the "leaving" state, so sims are not allowed to enter restricted areas in their quest to attempt to leave.

Also, it seems that the robots "do chores" doesn't allow them to die without turning freewill off.  I had one take a bubble bath so social, fun and power were red but all she did was run outside trying to recharge (she couldn't because of outside music which I thought was odd but oh well).  Finally I locked her up with all 3 still in the red and she just continuously tried to recharge while the social bunny laughed at her.
Robots cannot die of exposure. Nothing which relies on low motives to kill tends to work on robots, since they don't have any critical killable motives.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: