More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:46:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BETTING POOL: Rainbow vs. Venusy!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BETTING POOL: Rainbow vs. Venusy!  (Read 17584 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: BETTING POOL: Rainbow vs. Venusy!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 15, 06:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be a joke to you Pescado; but have you ever considered how your constant crap and belittling of others can affect them?  Actually, you probably wouldn't, because I personally think you get off on it...YOU ARE A SAD, SAD MAN
Pssh. How exactly is this picking on anyone? What do you want next, a "Flowerchile Deadpool"? Constant crap and belittling, is it? You've never been in the Army, I take it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 15, 06:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know more about the army then you know I know, but hang on....We're in the army now?!!    I must have missed the memo announcing the change of location from fun forum to Army Barracks.

*flowerchile salutes General Pescado 

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 15, 08:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because I personally think you get off on it..

Now, that's just not possible Flowerchile...Pescado is a man in his late 60's...or so 'they' say! LOL

What would his age have to do with anything?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 15, 08:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a notion going around at one time that advanced age brought with it a certain wisdom, which is why prime ministers were almost always elderly  - but I think it was a rather short-lived belief!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 15, 08:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a notion going around at one time that advanced age brought with it a certain wisdom, which is why prime ministers were almost always elderly  - but I think it was a rather short-lived belief!
Pssh. I prefer the other saying: "You're only young once, but you're never too old to be immature."

It's so much easier to be young again when nobody can tell you that you can't! When I want to risk my neck in some crazed, hair-brained plot that only a kid would think of....no one can tell me that I can't! If I simply always acted my age, I'd be dead, and THEN where you would losers be, hrm? And now, back to our betting pool! We can start a new thread to make fun of Flowerchile somewhere else.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 15, 08:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you do put up a warning in the Podium title, so no one can say they hadn't been warned!  And at least you don't go into a huff when the tables are turned!

As I said, I don't gamble these days - I think my luck ran out a long time ago, but maybe it's time for a turn around now - but I'll hazard a guess that now you've drawn attention to it, either Venusy will make every effort to stay one step ahead of Rainbow, in which case the answer could be Never, or Venusy couldn't care less, in which case it will just depend on which of them has more spare time in the next few weeks, in which case - 

July 17th at 3.35 pm US Eastern Standard Time!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 15, 09:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, I don't gamble these days - I think my luck ran out a long time ago, but maybe it's time for a turn around now
Yes, see, but gambling implies that you wager something. There's no wager, however. You can't LOSE anything by participating. Tongue
You *DO*, however, stand to WIN something: A free month added to your MATY subscription, a $39.95 value!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 15, 09:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, of course, and I could do with the free month's sub, so, add my guess to the list of bets.

July 17th at 3.35 pm US Eastern Standard Time!

I think Rainbow will overtake Venusy at precisely that moment in time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 15, 13:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say July 13th.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 15, 15:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You *DO*, however, stand to WIN something: A free month added to your MATY subscription, a $39.95 value!

Yes, but I'm paid up until 2012.

Oh well, I'll bet July 15 9:30am
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 15, 15:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know more about the army then you know I know, but hang on....We're in the army now?!!    I must have missed the memo announcing the change of location from fun forum to Army Barracks.

*flowerchile salutes General Pescado 
  oh ick..... if anything he may have been an NCO...im guessing probably at least an E6...  no saluting!  blech..  if we didnt like being picked on we would have moved on a long time ago.  LIke they say... Negative attention is STill attention..        OH  my bet is that Venusy makes a strong comeback at the last minute.   Tongue

Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 15, 16:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As to the typing, I was a secretary before I became a teacher, and used to be able to type 100wpm way back then - computer keyboards are slower, though, as you make so many more errors as the keys are so much closer together.  (And some of the keys aren't in the places my fingers learned so ong ago!)

I don't know if you can get these where you are, but there is a company in the US making a copy of the classic Northgate OmniKey keyboard, which is about as close as you can get to having an original IBM AT keyboard, which in turn is about as close as you can get to having a Selectric keyboard for your computer. they aren't cheap, but if you're a real typist, the mechanical keys will probably be much more to your liking than the mushy rubber-dome keys on cheap modern keyboards—even the IBM keyboards I use for my PCs. The keyboards are fully re-pregrammable with the included software, and come with a key puller so you can rearrange the keys if you like. Of course, if you don't want to lose spacebar space to the almost worthless Windows keys, you'll need to track down an original OmniKey or AT keyboard.  Smiley

http://www.ergonomicsmadeeasy.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=8
http://www.streettech.com/archives_hardware/avantStellar.html

For quite a bit less, you can get copies of IBM Model M keyboards as well:
http://www.dansdata.com/clickykeyboards.htm
http://www.clickykeyboard.com/

Well, William Pitt the Younger was made Chancellor of the Exchequer and then PM at the age of 24. Of course, that was in 1783, and things have changed a bit since then. I've not met a single 24-year-old to whom I would entrust the running of a nation. Indeed, I can think of one or two current national leaders more than twice that age (in years, but about half that in outlook) that I wouldn't let manage a fast-food joint, let alone a country.  Wink

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 15, 16:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have one of those running our country!  Most aging rock stars would do a better job - Mick Jagger for PM!

Thanks for the info about the keyboard, but I don't think I'd be able to afford it - although I'll track down some info about it and see.  As it is, I'm still using the keyboard from my old and sadly defunct IBM computer as it's so much better than the other one I've got, which is still sitting in its box "just in case".

Zephyr Zodiac
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 15, 18:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have one of those running our country! 

I'll trade you your national leader for ours. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 15, 19:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No thanks, better the devil you know and all that!

Zephyr Zodiac
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 15, 21:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

July 21, at 3:52pm
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 16, 01:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised Blue hasn't moved this to Retardoland Roll Eyes

I'll say July 5th, 9:57 P.M.; USA clock/calendar PST.Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 16, 01:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's JM's thread, so maybe she doesn''t like to!  In case he puts it straight back again!

Zephyr Zodiac
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 16, 02:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll bet August when he goes on vacation -not sure of the dates. She'll be waiting in the wings to take her place on the top of the I've been logged in the longest list -hooray. Until then I think Venusy will work harder to defend his position now that a bet has been placed.

Now don't forget about BlueSoup taking the 3rd spot over Brynne. I'll bet by July 1st on that one since Brynne is 'done' until El Faloro is gone.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 16, 12:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say sometime in July - around the 10th at approx 02:31.
Rainbow will then have a chance to increase the lead while venusy is away.  Any vac plans rainbow?

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 16, 14:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, she'll take internet access with her to the beach!

Zephyr Zodiac
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 17, 20:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*lurks*

ahhhhhhh! There is no place like home!

How did I miss the MATY "dramas".

Not that THIS thread is so "dramatic"but still  Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 27, 15:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like Venusy is back and lurking like always.  Tongue  He's now well ahead of Rainbow and I don't think Rainbow will catch up to him.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 27, 15:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this suspicious feeling that Venusy is cheating, since he now never leaves. I think he's set up some kind of script to auto-refresh the page.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 27, 15:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but if you don't actually click on something every so often, then the site doesn't count it.  It has a 15-minute cutoff, doesn't it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: