More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:12:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Handy object for toddlers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Handy object for toddlers  (Read 9799 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Handy object for toddlers
« on: 2006 March 31, 01:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=144547 was posted recently over at MTS2 -- it's a rug that toddlers can crawl onto and sleep. Great for those times when the toddlers sleep cycle is out of whack with the parents...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: Handy object for toddlers
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 31, 02:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent! Thanks!

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 31, 03:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great, thanks. Horray! now I don't have have to bother putting the toddlers in the crib anymore. I love the idea that they  can sleep on the floor and put themselves to bed. Saves me buying cribs too. I'll just put the mat next one of their toys so when they're tired they  can just fall asleep and I won't have to listen to them whine that they're tired anymore Grin
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 31, 08:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a great idea, especially if you have more than 1 toddler on the lot Smiley Thanks for sharing jsalemi.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 31, 09:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just saw and downloaded that a little bit ago.  I'm going to love this!  It made me think of when one of my daughters small and would get tired and just sort of crawl over into a corner and fall asleep.

I have to admit, though, since I downloaded Inge's toddlers sleep at night mod eons ago, my sim's lives changed so much for the better it was unbelievable.  I also have her mod for toddlers being able to get out of their cribs, which is really helpful.  With the sleep all night mod, they have a normal sleep schedule.  They go to bed between 8 and 10 p.m., sleep until 6 a.m. and are ready for a nap somewhere between noon and 2 p.m. 

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 31, 10:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB brought many new objects for toddlers, and if you train your sims to reach Gold Badget in toys, the toddlers like them very much, and sometimes prefere them among the existing ones.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 31, 11:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, the OFB toys aren't too USEFUL. Other than Evil Jack in the Boxes, anyway. Evil Jack in the boxes lower Bladder, which lets you take a toddler in to be housebroken.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 31, 14:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit, though, since I downloaded Inge's toddlers sleep at night mod eons ago, my sim's lives changed so much for the better it was unbelievable.  I also have her mod for toddlers being able to get out of their cribs, which is really helpful.  With the sleep all night mod, they have a normal sleep schedule.  They go to bed between 8 and 10 p.m., sleep until 6 a.m. and are ready for a nap somewhere between noon and 2 p.m. 

Yea, I use Inge's two mods too, and they are great, but there are still times when things get out of whack, especially when one or both parents have evening/night jobs.  This will come in very handy.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 31, 14:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit, I have had 4 kids (in rl) and none of them have woken up during the night when they were toddlers unless they were ill or something. Inge's hack adds realism (in my game anyway!)

baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 31, 14:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll definitely get this! Thanks for the heads-up!  Cheesy

Max
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 31, 19:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with this object. My toddler goes to sleep on it, but all the adults in the house still try to pick him/her up to put them in the crib. I've even had an adult get 'stuck' and the action wouldn't cancel and another adult woke the toddler up to take them to the crib.

I am NOT trying to complain about this here as this is not a MATY object, but I wanted to mention it just in case the problem comes up in someone else's game.

I'm going to try Inge's hacks. Thanks Regina for mentioning them.

Edit:  I didn't have the problem in a different house. I guess the 1st house had overly attentive adults. Thanks jsalemi for the idea, although I don't currently use JM's baby controller so I can't verify if there is a conflict. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the actual object -just an issue with the parents in that particular house.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 April 01, 01:11:16 by sweetgirlblah » Logged

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 31, 23:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I haven't cycled to a house with a toddler after I found this, but I suspect it might conflict with JMs baby controller, since the baby controller probably doesn't recognize it as a crib. I use the baby controller everywhere, so I'll have to check it out.  If it is the baby controller, one solution is to tell it to ignore toddlers just before they go to sleep on this blanket, and then turn it back on when they wake up.

IAC, I probably won't use this for many toddlers -- mostly the ones in houses where the parents have weird sleep schedules already (i.e., a mad scientist and a cult leader in the same house). That way the teenager stuck babysitting can go to bed at a decent hour while the toddler happily bangs the wobbly wabbit to bits... Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 April 01, 16:01:34 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 01, 08:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit, I have had 4 kids (in rl) and none of them have woken up during the night when they were toddlers unless they were ill or something. Inge's hack adds realism (in my game anyway!)

Yeah, I know what you mean!  My second slept through the night from practically the time she was born.  My oldest, however, was a bit odd--never slept through until she was about six.  The youngest would just get out of his bed and come and get into ours--don't know whether he was awake or asleep. LOL

And in all the 40-umpteen kids I ever babysat, most all of them slept straight through the night by the time they were two years old.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 01, 16:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  I didn't have the problem in a different house. I guess the 1st house had overly attentive adults. Thanks jsalemi for the idea, although I don't currently use JM's baby controller so I can't verify if there is a conflict. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the actual object -just an issue with the parents in that particular house.  Smiley

Do you have JM's 'nobabyharrassment' hack installed?  It does a pretty good job of stopping that kind of parental unit behaviour.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 02, 01:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have JM's 'nobabyharrassment' hack installed?  It does a pretty good job of stopping that kind of parental unit behaviour.

I do not, but that is a good idea! Thanks again -I'll go get it. I know JM has a bunch of good ones that I haven't gotten around to taking advantage of. Unfortunately, I don't get the chance to play as much as I want to. I have a 3yr old which is funny to me because the toddler stage of the game is my least favorite. I wonder why? ha ha

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 02, 14:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have no baby harrassment, but almost had to kill the parents to stop them from pulling him off of the blanket.
I think it's ok once he's asleep, just that tired time that they're drawn to him...

I love it though

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 02, 14:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got to try it with a toddler last night, and the combo of the baby controller and nobabyharrassment work great with this.  The kid curled up and went to sleep, and not a parent or sibling in sight to bother her. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 02, 18:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This works great with twin toddlers.  While I was busy with one of them, the other just crawled over to the blanket and went to sleep on her own.  So cute! 

Karen
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 03, 00:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used it on twins this morning. The twins loved it, but the parents stomped and complained that they couldn't get around them to empty the potties, even though there was plenty of room. Dumb family sims.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 03, 14:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used it on twins this morning. The twins loved it, but the parents stomped and complained that they couldn't get around them to empty the potties, even though there was plenty of room. Dumb family sims.

www.simlogical.com -- get Inge's "no empty potty" mod and you'll never have to worry about it again. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 03, 16:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

www.simlogical.com -- get Inge's "no empty potty" mod and you'll never have to worry about it again. Smiley

But then you don't get to laugh at them when they make that disgusted face when they have to empty the potties.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 03, 17:13:37 by Venusy » Logged
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 03, 17:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can always use a custom potty for those sims you want to see make it... besides, neat sims will empty them anyway Wink

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 03, 18:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, the OFB toys aren't too USEFUL. Other than Evil Jack in the Boxes, anyway. Evil Jack in the boxes lower Bladder, which lets you take a toddler in to be housebroken.

Grin lol! i like this term for toddlers. i think i'll steal it. i've noticed with my own kids that they and puppies have caused the same level of damage to the carpets-lol!

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 03, 20:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, it's always funny when your Sims get all grossed out cleaning the potty out.  I make a point in doing it.  Look bored while you're potty-training them, will you?  I'll show you!  Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: