More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:30:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Totally sick. Has this happened to you?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Totally sick. Has this happened to you?  (Read 10853 times)
Lelani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Totally sick. Has this happened to you?
« on: 2006 March 11, 03:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a big lurker on this board, but OFB has forced me out of hiding.

Problem: Don Lothario

Where: Florence Delarosa's flower shop

Every time Don comes to the shop he makes a mad dash for the bathroom and pukes his simulated guts out. The first visit he did it three times in a row. The second, twice and almost a third. Tired of having Florence scrub the toilet, I ask him to leave whenever he pops in ready to hurl.

Has anyone else experienced this? Quite frankly, it's annoying. Angry
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Totally sick. Has this happened to you?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 11, 03:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played that flowershop, but Don has not come in yet. Is anyone in the hood sick that Don may have caught something from - or was he abducted while stargazing and now he's pregnant?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 11, 03:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or could he have eaten bad food at one of your lots while he was uncontrollable, and now the game has him saved as poisoned until you play him for a few days?

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 11, 03:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chances are he's eaten bad food somewhere, he does that a lot.  Of course, if he's only being sick on that one lot and not on any other lot (try teleporting him in to find out), then perhaps he's allergic to flowers?  Could be some sort of severe Sim version of hayfever.  Or perhaps Florence makes him feel sick?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 11, 03:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What effect does that special display of snapdragons have if they are broken?   Is it just a nasty smell and a depletion of needs.    I just wondered if maybe Don is reacting to something like that in the store.  If the smell is bad enough it might make a simmie sick.
Lelani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 11, 04:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've thought about all of the above. I haven't played Don since August or September of last year. He's definitely not expecting (would kill him dead on the spot if he spawned another seed). If he's poisoned he's out of luck.Wouldn't surprise me if the slob ate bad food-- vaguely recall seeing him at a restaurant while I was playing another sim. If he's allergic one would think the game would have him avoid flowers, but then this is the sims and common sense doesn't exist.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll be forced to play Lothario to find out.

seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 11, 04:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen a lot. Sims eat bad food, go to other lots, and dirty the toilet. Yep, you gotta play him and make him well again.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 11, 04:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've thought about all of the above. I haven't played Don since August or September of last year. He's definitely not expecting (would kill him dead on the spot if he spawned another seed). If he's poisoned he's out of luck.Wouldn't surprise me if the slob ate bad food-- vaguely recall seeing him at a restaurant while I was playing another sim. If he's allergic one would think the game would have him avoid flowers, but then this is the sims and common sense doesn't exist.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll be forced to play Lothario to find out.

Nah. Just let him suffer!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 11, 07:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, he's making your other sims suffer as well, by making their toilets nasty all the time.  You then have to see the nasty stinky toilet until you make your sim go clean it.  Get Shaklin's medicine cabinet and have him take some medicine, or if you use Danny's Miscellaneous NPCs, call the Paramedic. Smiley
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 11, 07:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, definately has food poisoning.  The critical difference between food poisoning and morning sickness is the frequency of vomiting (food poisoning has constant vomiting, morning sickness has less) and the thought bubble (pregnant sims usually have a thought bubble as an indication).  Chances are that if Don's been like this for a long time he will die as soon as you go to his lot because he passed the 10-day limit for illnesses.  I'd reccomend playing him and using boolprop/InSim or waiting his sickness out if you want to make sure he doesn't die or something.

I've had this happen to two sims get food sickness so far in OFB.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 11, 07:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To help avoiding Sim eats rotten food, I suggest you add JM "noeatcrapII: Electric boogaloo" hack in.

It can be found here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1500.0
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 11, 08:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just be aware that that hack doesn't keep sims from eating rotten pizza, so make sure you keep old pizza cleaned up when you have sims visiting.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 11, 09:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip Rainbow, I did not knew about that one.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 11, 12:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I asked JM about this, and he said the pizza is a totally separate object than regular food, so the hack doesn't stop them from eating it.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 11, 13:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Don has no neat points, and No eat crap doesn't stop sims that would eat out of the trash can from eating bad food...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 11, 16:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don seems to enjoy eating crap off food. unfortunately he ahs never got food poisoning in my game
if he had i would just let him die a noisy and uncomfortable death, i can't stand him
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 11, 18:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww. I like Don. He's a caring hubby in my game. He doesn't even get straying wants. And plus, his kids are cute.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 11, 19:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don seems to enjoy eating crap off food. unfortunately he ahs never got food poisoning in my game
if he had i would just let him die a noisy and uncomfortable death, i can't stand him

Ha ha!! That's funny! I'm not a big fan of his either -although I dislike Daniel Pleasant even more.

Edit:   I don't have many sims that eat out of the trash so I haven't seen the results of doing this often. Can sims get sick this way?

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Lelani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 11, 22:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I finally forced myself to play Don late last night. Sure enough the big stupid jerk was suffering from food poisoning. I was tempted to let him die, but then I remembered planning to have Nina leave him for another man, taking little Eva with her.  Grin

To help avoiding Sim eats rotten food, I suggest you add JM "noeatcrapII: Electric boogaloo" hack in.

It can be found here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1500.0

I have that particular hack. It doesn't do much for slobs like Don. I'm sure if I leave him on free will he'll be back to rummaging the garbage cans and eating flies.  Tongue

Ha ha!! That's funny! I'm not a big fan of his either -although I dislike Daniel Pleasant even more.

Edit:   I don't have many sims that eat out of the trash so I haven't seen the results of doing this often. Can sims get sick this way?

Daniel or Don... can't decide who I dislike more. Thank goodness for J.M.'s no20khandouts because now I can have Mary-Sue kick his butt out without him taking the lion's share of the money. He doesn't deserve any.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 12, 05:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Don had one neat point.  He doesn't eat out of the trash autonomously though, at least not in my game.  I can't think of a hack that prevents that though.  I actually kinda like Don.  He makes pretty babies.  Although I don't like his type in real life, it's kinda fun to play.  I put him and Bella together, and they had some really pretty babies.  Daniel and Mary Sue died of old age soon after I got the game.  Don is an elder now with a bunch of grandkids.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 12, 06:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Don had one neat point.  He doesn't eat out of the trash autonomously though, at least not in my game.  I can't think of a hack that prevents that though.  I actually kinda like Don.  He makes pretty babies.  Although I don't like his type in real life, it's kinda fun to play.  I put him and Bella together, and they had some really pretty babies.  Daniel and Mary Sue died of old age soon after I got the game.  Don is an elder now with a bunch of grandkids.
I like Don Myself he is easy to make happy and he isnt a whiny sim  in my game.MarySue and Daniel on the other hand  do nothing but complain Roll Eyes Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 12, 19:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:   I don't have many sims that eat out of the trash so I haven't seen the results of doing this often. Can sims get sick this way?

Yep, they certainly can.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 12, 21:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like Don and he might be sloppy but after making him clean up his shower puddles a couple times, he now does it himself as soon as he gets out of the shower  Smiley

Don and Bella have 3 beautiful daughters (twin teens and a child) with another oopsie baby on the way in my current hood, hoping for a boy this time but I may just go with whatever they get.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 13, 04:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, how funny, Don is running around sick in my game too. I have been ignoring him...I didn't know he could die. I just think he's so tiresome. I was going to marry him off to my torch holder Sim in the ISBI challenge, but she wretched whenever she saw him.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
MangoOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 13, 15:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I finally forced myself to play Don late last night. Sure enough the big stupid jerk was suffering from food poisoning. I was tempted to let him die, but then I remembered planning to have Nina leave him for another man, taking little Eva with her.  Grin

When Nina had Don's baby in my game, I named her Eva too!  She grew up to be my prettiest sim ever.   Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: