More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 22:15:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Creepy Servo wears mask carved from unknown Sim head!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creepy Servo wears mask carved from unknown Sim head!  (Read 7055 times)
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
Creepy Servo wears mask carved from unknown Sim head!
« on: 2008 May 05, 06:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From searching, I've learned that Servo getting a human facemask is a random bug that has no obvious trigger, but all of my searches are turning up results from '06.  Am I missing a thread in which a solution to this issue was discovered and shared?  My Servo has been in formalwear since his activation, but after patching FreeTime (I decided to grab the patch from the UK website since I've never made custom clothing) he now has a female facemask, complete with lovely eyeliner and black lipstick. 

I think I'm going to start making my Servos look like humans anyway, so it's not a big deal if there is no solution.  It would be great if there is a known solution for this, though.

In case someone views this who hasn't heard of this issue and wants to see what it looks like, here's a picture:
« Last Edit: 2008 May 05, 06:21:28 by Akisej » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Creepy Servo wears mask carved from unknown Sim head!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 05, 07:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, I noticed this in CAS debug mode-the servo heads looked just like yours. I haven't got a servo in game though.

Have you tried changing appearance?

wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 05, 07:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that so?  Huh.  Well, this servo was spawned using debug mode, so... Does that have anything to do with it? 

I am unable to try to change appearance-- it doesn't give the option to my Servo.  However, I'm in the process of enabling the "allmenus" cheat right now, which should give me the option.  I'll follow up if that works.

Edit:  I tried to change his appearance, and the result was that I had a completely different Sim-face overlapping my Servo's face.  This face is male.  Cancelled the interaction and the female face is still there.  :\  I'm assuming that changing the appearance will just result in the whole head transforming to Sim-head.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 05, 07:29:59 by Akisej » Logged
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 07, 21:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My servos have always had human faces in formal wear, I assumed it was intentional, if a little odd. Have you tried making him change clothes?

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 07, 21:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that "mask" is available under either Hair or Full Face Makeup (or maybe Glasses?) when using debug mode in Create A Family.

Edit: Checked and it's under Hair after all.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 10, 22:24:40 by Cappuccino » Logged

Dive in!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 08, 15:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My servos have always had human faces in formal wear, I assumed it was intentional, if a little odd. Have you tried making him change clothes?

Do try this.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 10, 01:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate this bug with a passion.
It happens inconsistently, with or without CC, and once it's happened to a servo there's no way to reverse it.

Did I mention I HATE IT?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
stephbass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 19, 07:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem, but it only happens when he wears formalwear and not when he just looks like a robut. I never used to have this issue until I installed EPs since OFB, is there something in that?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 19, 15:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Servo only started having this creepy face thing since I patched FT as well. Does it happen to female Servos? I might just feed mine to the cow plant and initialize a fembot if it only affects the males.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 19, 22:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem, but it only happens when he wears formalwear and not when he just looks like a robut. I never used to have this issue until I installed EPs since OFB, is there something in that?

I don't think so. Servo Prime has had that glitch in my neighborhood when in formal wear for his entire existence, and I had him built when OFB was the latest thing.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: