More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 20:35:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?  (Read 47429 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
« Reply #75 on: 2006 February 28, 02:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have EB Games in Adelaide too Flowerchile.....smartarse!!!  Cheesy

They do indeed, that's where I got NL... although they didn't get it in early then.  I'll have a look on Thursday as well as I wander past every day but I can wait till Friday if I have to Cheesy

<insert witty comment here>
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 February 28, 03:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if sales of those silly booster packs are good, they might really stop making EPS all together as booster packs are certainly easier to produce for maximum profit.

Is a peeing Santa a buggy santa? I mean, I thought its Maxis' warped sense of humour at work again.
 Tongue but whats this about santa watchin kids showering? Lips sealed

But those booster packs are very hard to protect from pirating. Anyone with a 2nd grade education can get the x-mas pack in an hour on the internets if they feel like breakign the law and risking 50k in fines and 20 years of sodomy (or whatever the FBI wants to do with you)

With a CD/DVD release they can have many more sales.

Although, these aren't the brightest people. I mean, you can get all th eobjects just by downloading lots that have them off the exchange. :rolleyes:

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 February 28, 04:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received this message today (28th Feb) from EB Games:

"Thank you for ordering from EBgames.com.  Your order has been shipped completely.  The status and/or ship date for each item on your order is detailed below.

Here is the status of the item(s) you have ordered:
The Sims 2: Open For Business with Bonus! Ordered: 1     Shipped: 1 

"

2-3days, and the game will be in my hands...Smiley [UPS]

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 February 28, 05:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have EB Games in Adelaide too Flowerchile.....smartarse!!!  Cheesy
I know that silly, but I love Big W, then I can buy some new trackies so I can play in comfort. Grin
There is method behind my madness!

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 February 28, 06:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if sales of those silly booster packs are good, they might really stop making EPS all together as booster packs are certainly easier to produce for maximum profit.

Is a peeing Santa a buggy santa? I mean, I thought its Maxis' warped sense of humour at work again.
 Tongue but whats this about santa watchin kids showering? Lips sealed

But those booster packs are very hard to protect from pirating. Anyone with a 2nd grade education can get the x-mas pack in an hour on the internets if they feel like breakign the law and risking 50k in fines and 20 years of sodomy (or whatever the FBI wants to do with you)

With a CD/DVD release they can have many more sales.

Although, these aren't the brightest people. I mean, you can get all th eobjects just by downloading lots that have them off the exchange. :rolleyes:

well, if they package the booster packs next time like EP where we got to have a serial number and to use the CD to play, perhaps there will be less pirating. To be honest, I am a bit surprised that the holiday pack didn't come with a serial number and requires the disc to play. Anyone have any idea why?

btw, if you don't buy the holiday pack, you won't get the new behaviors such as the peeing santa , the lamb and the sparklers - which is why people buy the holiday pack.

and  I wonder how sales of the holiday pack are. I didn't spot any info on that.

Go Away
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 February 28, 06:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that silly, but I love Big W, then I can buy some new trackies so I can play in comfort. Grin

Sooo....you don't play naked like the rest of us?  Huh

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 February 28, 07:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Need Link!! *cough* I mean, could you give us a link please? *is to tired to go looking herself*

Sorry Sleepycat, I missed your post earlier and just noticed it.  These are the links I have and they give a really good overview of the gam - can you tell I'm really really looking forward to it? Grin

http://spore.ea.com/
http://www.snootyspore.com/
http://pc.ign.com/articles/617/617441p1.html

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 February 28, 09:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sooo....you don't play naked like the rest of us?  Huh
HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!!    ROFLMFHO
I've given birth to three kids and MY naked body is something that should NOT, under any circumstances be on display.  No, I lurve me trackies. Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 February 28, 10:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, if they package the booster packs next time like EP where we got to have a serial number and to use the CD to play, perhaps there will be less pirating. To be honest, I am a bit surprised that the holiday pack didn't come with a serial number and requires the disc to play. Anyone have any idea why?
Simple: Because it's just a content pack which must be compatible with all expansion packs. Let's suppose it *DID* require a disk to play: How are you going to then demand the disks of the other expansion packs? If I have to insert the Holiday Pack CD, how am I going to insert my NL CD?

Plus, all it does is install a .package file into your TS2 original directory, so it doesn't change executable code at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 February 28, 13:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Need Link!! *cough* I mean, could you give us a link please? *is to tired to go looking herself*

Sorry Sleepycat, I missed your post earlier and just noticed it.  These are the links I have and they give a really good overview of the gam - can you tell I'm really really looking forward to it? Grin

http://spore.ea.com/
http://www.snootyspore.com/
http://pc.ign.com/articles/617/617441p1.html

Thank you for the links. Spore is a game I will have to get!
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 February 28, 14:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, all it does is install a .package file into your TS2 original directory, so it doesn't change executable code at all.
I thought it did, a mac user on another site moved the package file. But only the objects showed up, no santa with a bladder the size of a ant.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 February 28, 19:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats a good question.

Regardless, its stupid. This thread made me load up some x-mas crap for the first time last night.

Santa came to my torture dorm (16 Dormies with no beds and no bathroom access, and one playable sim with access to a huge bedroom/spa/games room, and nouniinvuln turned on). He wandered around, pissed about 6 times, left another stereo (whihc I didn't need since all the rooms except the playable sim's bedroom have stereos blaring non-stop) and then buggered off.

The interestign thing is that the tree caught fire, out on the lawn, all the dormies ran over but my sim was happily in the hot-tub. Then my sim burst into flames and died, on the opposite side of the lot from the fire, in a  hot tub....

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 February 28, 21:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!
That's hilarious, sanmonroe.
Going back to what Pescado said about the Holiday pack...Does this mean that if you remove the .package file, It will remove all of the holiday content?  Or is there anything else I should note if I decide to remove it til next holiday season?
I fear BFBVFS when toying with things I don't fully understand....
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 February 28, 22:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be cured from reading all this.

I did not get the holiday pack and will not get OFB, I am not excited about this new ep at all.

Can't wait to see what will be the next one though  Tongue (I hope it will NOT be pets)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 February 28, 23:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The interestign thing is that the tree caught fire, out on the lawn, all the dormies ran over but my sim was happily in the hot-tub. Then my sim burst into flames and died, on the opposite side of the lot from the fire, in a  hot tub....

I've gotta laugh but on a serious note this has happened to me before and pissed me off.  Something caught fire..a sim picked up a toddler and rushed it outdoors, clear the the sidewalk...a billion feet away from the fire and suddenly just burst into flames.  Yeah.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 February 28, 23:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this may depend on whether your sims are filled with helium or hydrogen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 February 28, 23:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there's no expansion announcement when it got Stateside either.  Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for them to announce it now.

Making the main site pay is a really good idea, It'll save them money on bandwidth costs and they'll get even more money.  Even if 50% of the people on the BBS object, there's still more money to be made there.  Chances are, even if they object they'll still buy the expansion and just go to MTS2 or something to get objects.

I haven't really heard that much about Sport until I read that article, and it makes TS2 look like a big pile of crap.  If I can run the thing (It sounds like it'll require more CPU power than TS2, not to mention a faster graphics card) I'll definately get it.  If it's gonna be how they say it is, It'll be possible to create the Zerg from Starcraft, and have them wage war against the Protoss and et cetera...
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 February 28, 23:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Spore may be an excellent game.    I have been watching for over a year to see when they are going to release it.     I think Will Wright may have taken his original team with him when he left Maxi to develop it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 February 28, 23:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's vaporware and doesn't exist. Period.

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 March 01, 00:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's vaporware and doesn't exist. Period.
It's not any less of vaporware than TS2 was during its initial phases.  Supposedly TS2 took about 3 years to make.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 March 01, 00:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why should they put out another Ep when they can put out a 'pack' instead. The pack takes much less time to develop and they sell it (and simmers buy it) for almost the same price as the EPs.

Stupid to make an EP, from their point of view and that's all they care about!

Play world of warcraft--much better!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 March 01, 01:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleah WOW.
I prefer Civ 4 Cheesy

Go Away
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 March 01, 01:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jysudo, my BF is a Civ 4 addict.

I might give it a shot, I was a huge fan of the 1st one that was release too many years ago....
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 March 01, 01:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Civ 4 is great, once you install the latest patch that is.  I've been fancying Spore myself, and C&C: RA3 is another I'm keeping my eye out for.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 March 01, 01:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like Civilization 4.  It always seems that when I try to be peaceful the faction next to me always attack and whenever I constantly produce military units I get behind in technology and wealth.  Also, it seems that you have to make 10 million military units to take a base when attacking a computer, and they can take yours with only 2.

I wasn't even aware they were making a C&C:Red Alert 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: