More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 07:34:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Disastrous Dream Date
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disastrous Dream Date  (Read 3012 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Disastrous Dream Date
« on: 2005 September 18, 03:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something's buggy in my game. I had a situation tonight that was kind of funny, yet almost tragic.

I've read posts by people who had a few of these problems, but I had them all in one fell swoop. I'll put the bugs I've seen posted elsewhere in bold. I haven't seen an answer for any of them, yet, but please point me in the right direction if I've missed something. Here goes:

Teenager Joel Goth-Bayfield calls a girl he has a crush on and asks her on a date. She says "blank dialogue box". I guessed by his reaction that she'd accepted, even with the "harass/cancel" box that popped up (huh?Huh). I had that dialogue box before, and I couldn't remember which option to choose in order to go on the date. I did a coin toss and chose the correct one. I forget again whether it was "harass" or "cancel" that did it. Anyway, I got another blank dialogue box with the options of yes/no/cancel. Another coin toss and I chose...oh, hell, I forget again. But whatever option I chose brought up another box with the npc symbol, I think. Then I got the option to choose from the family who was going to stay home with the kids, I guess, even though Joel does not have kids, he has two toddler sisters whose parents were home. I think one of those blank boxes was actually asking if Joel was going alone or with the entire family (on a date??? That option hadn't even occured to me!). I don't want that, so I cancel out the date. Or so I thought. Here's where it gets amusing: I have Joel try to call the girl again to ask her out again. She was not selectable from the list. She wasn't even on the list. So Joel calls another girl,  (he's a romance sim, so he had a few to choose from) and I chose everything I didn't choose the first time. I got the blank box with options "taxi/your car", and knew I'd blindly done it correctly.
The lot took forever to load. Several minutes. Enough time for me to put my son to bed, heat up some pizza, eat it, and still sit there watching the damned hourglass turn. I forgot I had boolProp on, but an error finally popped up about the controller-community lot populator. I will add the error report to this post. I had no choice but to hit "delete". The lot loaded after that, but the game was stuck in high speed. I didn't have time to see what was going on, but the original girl was there, with all her needs dangerously in the red, and Joel's date was also very red. The only green in their meters was for the room score. I used boolProp again to max their motives, since they were on the brink of death. .(It was kind of funny hearing "rabba loobikod!" in chipmunk voices.) Girl #1 slapped Joel the second he got out of the car. I got a dialogue that said "How dare you stand me up!" and something about the other girl. Like I said, it was in superspeed, so it flew by. I couldn't change it to normal speed, it'd jump right back to super. Anyway, it was a blur of red cheating symbols, broken best frienship symbols, falling out of love symbols, and bad date symbols swirling over everyone's head. All of a sudden the speed went back to normal.
The first girl stayed at the bowling alley while Joel continued his date there with the second girl. Her icon was still there, so she was still selectable. The second date made "dream date" status, believe it or not.
When it was time to go home, the car was not selectable, so Joel had to call a taxi. And I have to buy them a new car.

Okay, here's the error log for the populator thingy, for whomever's interested.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Disastrous Dream Date
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 03:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO - that's hilarious.  I had blank dialogue boxes concerning the car - someone said it was the sshack doing it (not sure why) but sure enough, they came back when I removed it.

The date business is very strange.  Tonight I wanted Don Lothario's son to go Downtown with his Dad.  Aristotle had just transitioned to elder and Don only had 2 days left to live (on his second run at being an elder) so I thought a night out in Aristotle's brand-new sportscar would be a nice idea.  When I clicked on it, I wasn't asked who was going with him, I was asked who was staying behind to babysit the baby.  It wouldn't let me take just Aristotle & Don, I had to take either Aristotle, Don & Aristotle's wife, or Aristotle, Don & Aristotle's teenage daughter.  The only way I could get round it was to create a group with just Aristotle & Don in it.  Then when they finally came home (after more than 24 hours), Don was still part of the group and following Aristotle everywhere he went.  I finally worked-out that I had to click on Aristotle to end the group outing and Don went back to normal. 

The fact that they can't choose who goes with them is ridiculous.  This presumably means that a husband & wife can't go out for the evening and leave their teenager at home unless it's a "date" or "group outing".  There should be a box like the one when someone moves out, asking who is going with them.  If a babysitter is needed, that box could come-up separately or something. 

Anyway, the night out was memorable.  Don was attacked by a guy who took an instant dislike to him (he won the fight) and then made an enemy of him, which caused him to burst into tears.  Then when he got home he wet his pants - twice - which caused him to burst into tears again.  Aristotle also wet himself the following morning, which caused Remington the maid to laugh himself silly.  For some reason, none of them are using the toilet or getting food until they are almost or totally in the red on both and it's not a hack because I've taken them all out temporarily.  Maybe it's just that house, I will have to check.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 18, 04:01:38 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 04:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pants wetting still cracks me up! I tortured Daniel Pleasant tonight with the voodoo bottle's "Make someone pee...Daniel" option because he shoved my sim for no reason. My sim kicked his ass, though, and made him cry!

I had the sshack in, so I've removed it and will try the game again. Over at VS a few of the modders have posted lists of mods that do/don't work. I almost cried taking out  all those twojeff's hacks! But, anyway, we'll see if my game acts normally, now.

I agree with you on the choosing who goes with you issue! I had to cancel out Joel's first date because I chose the wrong dialogue boxes, so Joel would be going on his date with his 2 brothers, his dad, his uncle and his cousins! Some date that would be! It would be nice if JM could fix it like he did the taxi mod-where you get a dialogue box asking who you want to go with you.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 12:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not positive, but I think the populator controller issue may have been from the no townie regeneration mods. I took them out and had no problems going downtown, and there were actually other sims on the lot. Kind of makes sense to me, but what do I know? Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: