More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:04:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  screenshots w/ thumbnails attached, playable lot view borkage and blank pics!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: screenshots w/ thumbnails attached, playable lot view borkage and blank pics!  (Read 6344 times)
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
screenshots w/ thumbnails attached, playable lot view borkage and blank pics!
« on: 2008 March 05, 14:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure whether this is a Free Time issue or a new video card issue since the new video card was installed two days after Free Time, but here's the issue.  My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2.  Brand new, obviously. 

Everything looks great in-game (except for the TV screen not showing up, and I don't know if that's a related issue) but when I go to my storytelling folder I'm having two problems.  First, I'm getting multiples of the same shot.  There will sometimes be 2, 3 or even 4 copies of identical screenshots.  Second, and far more disturbing, I'm getting extra shots in there that look like THESE.

http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/5108576.html

(The link goes to my LJ post about this issue and shows the screenshots).

Also, see a few posts down for pic regarding what I"m seeing in neighborhood view.

I'm sort of at a loss as to what could be causing this issue.  Any clue?  Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 19:36:22 by kaydee » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Bizarre "extra" screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 05, 15:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't taken any snapshots yet, but I will soon. If I see any bugginess, I will report back.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 05, 15:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there are some issues (notably the black TV screens) with the ATI Radeon 3xxx series cards.  New drivers are available, I believe and you may wish to try them.

I have an old ATI Radeon X300 series video card and screenshots, photos, videos are working fine in my game.  I suspect that at least part of your problem is a video driver issue.

Tribulatio proxima est
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 05, 15:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there are some issues (notably the black TV screens) with the ATI Radeon 3xxx series cards.  New drivers are available, I believe and you may wish to try them.

I have an old ATI Radeon X300 series video card and screenshots, photos, videos are working fine in my game.  I suspect that at least part of your problem is a video driver issue.

Well, I do have the most recent drivers, so if that's the issue, then I guess I'm screwed, LOL.  It's not the TV pictures not showing up that I mind so much but the random extra wonky screenshots showing up in my storytelling folder.  Thanks for your advice.  Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 05, 15:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try rolling back the drivers to a previous version?

Check the "Building a PC for the Sims2" thread (or some title like that).  There are others there with your video card who may have advice that is more useful.  Smiley

Tribulatio proxima est
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 05, 19:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try rolling back the drivers to a previous version?

Check the "Building a PC for the Sims2" thread (or some title like that).  There are others there with your video card who may have advice that is more useful.  Smiley

Thanks for your advice.  Smiley  I just hope this pulling random thumbnails and sticking them on duplicate screenshots and screwing up my lots so THEY also look like borked thumbnails isn't a symptom of a dangerous problem.  Like a BFBVFS problem.
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 05, 19:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm pretty sure my lots are NOT supposed to look like this.

I have taken out all of my downloads and this is what my playable lots look like in two different neighborhoods.
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Re: screenshots w/ thumbnails attached, playable lot view borkage and blank pic
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 05, 19:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Graphic card issue, for sure.
Try to lower the graphic acceleration. If this not work, try to update drivers. If the newest drivers are not working, try old ones.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 05, 23:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went in to look, as I hadn't actually used the game's picture capture since installing FT (I use a screen capture program instead. Why be stuck with their crappy low res pics?) but everything is fine on my 3850 and the newest drivers.

Since you're getting multiples of the same shot, I'm thinking it may be a game issue. So odd, though.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 05, 23:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went in to look, as I hadn't actually used the game's picture capture since installing FT (I use a screen capture program instead. Why be stuck with their crappy low res pics?) but everything is fine on my 3850 and the newest drivers.

Since you're getting multiples of the same shot, I'm thinking it may be a game issue. So odd, though.

I appreciate your checking for me!  I just don't like to use a screen capture program because it takes so much more editing when you're posting a legacy, so.  I am getting duplicates, those odd thumbnail shots, the lots look borked and about half of the shots I take in-game are showing up as just black.  I took out all downloads just to be sure it wasn't something in there but it didn't seem to make a difference.  If nobody HERE knows what the hell is going on, then I guess I'm just screwed, LOL.  Do you think this calls for a reinstall or perhaps I should just wait for the next drivers to come out in a couple of weeks?  What would YOU do?  Tongue
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 05, 23:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't like to use a screen capture program because it takes so much more editing when you're posting a legacy, so.
Lazy  Tongue
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 06, 00:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't like to use a screen capture program because it takes so much more editing when you're posting a legacy, so.
Lazy  Tongue

I don't sit on my ass at home all day like SOME people, I actually have to WORK, and therefore don't have time to edit the hell out of every pic if I ever want to post the damn story.   Roll Eyes
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 06, 00:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd reinstall, personally. *shrug* Of  course, then I "sit on my ass all day" so why listen to me, eh?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 06, 00:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd reinstall, personally. *shrug* Of  course, then I "sit on my ass all day" so why listen to me, eh?

LOL, that was just me teasing squish, she's a friend of mine on the LJ forums.  Nothing against non-working people.  Just her  Tongue

Again, thanks for your help.  I guess I'll try the reinstall.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 06, 01:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dang, that was almost a Retard-O.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »