More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:20:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 337614 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #400 on: 2008 March 08, 07:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A garden in a greenhouse still gets weeds right?

No, I don't think they spawn weeds. Even an untended outdoor garden will not spawn weeds. In my experience, the only things that have spawned weeds in my game are puddles from water balloons, burst pipes (from digging) and overwatering flowers.

Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2008 March 08, 07:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By weeds I meant the kind that you have to tend. Then again, maybe purplehaze is an idiot, always used to overwater his/her plants, which then spawned the actual 'Weeds'. We cannot know until he/she verifies exactly what he/she means.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2008 March 08, 08:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm..no..I'm not an idiot. Maybe I didn't make myself clear.  I meant the weeds that grow in the garden (see above post where it says 'garden'). The ones you have to 'tend'. Not the weeds that spawn elsewhere from plants and shrubs. If you read my post it clearly says 'garden' not flowers or shrubs...those have weeds in abundance (see above post).  I've been playing Seasons since the day it came out and have always gotten weeds in the garden plots whether or not they were in the greenhouse. They are not appearing anymore in any lot in any neighborhood. And the 'tending' type weeds come if you overwater or not. At least I know that much about the game. So, no, I'm not a complete idiot. I think this is an exercise in symantics. What do you call the things you have to tend in the garden if you don't call them 'weeds' ?  And, yes, they look different from the weeds that spawn from shrubs etc. Maybe we need a new name for the devils?

I'm a bit OCD about my hacks folders and the only thing left is to pull out the 'daily gardener' hack. All other gardening hacks (ctfg's faster gardening stuff) have been removed. I also have never installed any of TJ's  gardening hacks as they conflict with the great wizards.

ETA: Sorry, I'm a bit techy. It's not a major thing. Hell, some might call it a feature! But, it's driving me nuts. Why is this not happening anymore?  Next step after removing Daily Gardener is to remove the whole DL's folder.  Normally, I would have done that straight off, but this seems to be either a game bug or a hack problem.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 08, 08:30:34 by purplehaze » Logged

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: 2008 March 08, 09:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• 'Plants'-You plant them, tend them, water them, etc-they grow tomatoes, eggplants, strawberries, etc.
  • 'Shrubs'- The bushes you have to trim periodically.
  • 'Flowers'- The flowerbeds you have to water. Overwatering leads to weeds.
  • 'Weeds'- Non-planted or placed long-grass type things-I think they have purpley flowers on the tips? They spawn from water puddles on the grass.

Now, which type is it you mean?

I am *this* close to whipping out Pancake Bunny.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2008 March 08, 13:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure they mean the times when the garden plants (tomatoes, etc.) get overgrown and you have to 'tend' them so the sims then get down and start plucking up the weeds growing at the base of the plants. They're not on a separate tile like the weeds from puddles, etc. but an actual part of the plant growing on the same tile as the plant. Does that make sense?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: 2008 March 08, 13:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does make sense, thanks. Wink I have no idea why you aren't getting them. Is the option to 'tend' there? They might be just invisible.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2008 March 08, 14:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have your sims got a dog? They might be peeing on the plants/shrubs and thus spawning weeds.
It helps to have Yellow Pee. Yellow Pee does not spawn weeds.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2008 March 08, 14:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purplehaze, are these plants you are talking about indoors (i.e. in a greenhouse)?  If this is only happening to plants in greenhouses, then could indoorplantfix be the reason?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2008 March 08, 14:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have your sims got a dog? They might be peeing on the plants/shrubs and thus spawning weeds.
It helps to have Yellow Pee. Yellow Pee does not spawn weeds.

Seriously? That makes Yellow Pee even more awesome than it was before.

~~ Larxene
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2008 March 08, 17:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purplehaze, are these plants you are talking about indoors (i.e. in a greenhouse)?  If this is only happening to plants in greenhouses, then could indoorplantfix be the reason?

Thanks Kyna..you know I had not thought about that! I do have that updated mod in my Awesomeness folder. Good call.

To answer previous questions: Yes, all the vegetables have been in greenhouses. Yesterday I purposefully overwatered a bunch to see if I could spawn the 'tend weeds' option on the greenhouse plants. No luck. The weeds do not materialize and there is no 'tend' option present. I played one lot for over 5 days and not one plant became tendable. Hmmm.

This afternoon I am going to yank the indoorplant fix first to see if that's the problem followed by the daily gardener and finally the whole darned DL folder.

The one question I still have is: Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm just trying to ascern that the problem is unique to my game. 
Thanks for all the input. It is much appreciated.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2008 March 08, 17:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mysterious problem is that my Robot making bench is no longer clickable.  The cursor becomes small and grayed out when I hover it over the robot bench.  Not sure what's going on there.  None of the hacks I have in would seem to affect that at all, but as I said I'm still working on it.  Anyway, just checking in case someone knows.  Not holding my breath or anything.  Still testing out stuff.

Do you have Parsimonious' aromatherapy things from Christmas?  I know that those interfere with the robot station.  I believe they put up a fixed version.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2008 March 08, 18:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over watering the harvestable plants doesn't produce weeds. It just makes them wilt and drip water.

If you have indoorplant, it's not a PROBLEM, it's how the hack was designed. Read the RTFM.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2008 March 08, 21:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm alone on this one: My gardens do not spawn weeds ( not that it's necessarily bad) but plants and shrubs do spawn the devils. Installed: DC and TJ's updated mods. Removed: CTFG harvest/talk/compost hacks. No joy. The only other mod I have installed ithat could possibly cause this problem is the daily gardener. I will remove that next play session to see if that is the problem. :/   Anyone else not gettin' weeds?

Prior to the installation of FreeTime, I was on a tear to get rid of the f'ing lightning and thurnder (scares the crap out of me every time and it's far too frequent IMO)... so I installed and USED Paladin's WEATHER HACK - and shut the weather off.  Bad juju.  Plants no get weeds. Plants no grow.

Return weather to normal via WEATHER HACK - plants resume growing and resume weeding.

I don't run TJ's garden hacks.

So if you've got Paladin's weather hack - that could be your problem.  I still have it in game, but am not currently using it on any lot...kept it just in case the lightning/thunder thing go overwhelming again.

claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2008 March 08, 22:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims can't study parenting. I was able to have one person in one house do it, but now everytime the sims take the book, sit down on the couch and jump up. I've only got FT-DC and a couple TwoJeffs updated for FT, so I don't know if it's just my sims that don't like parenting or what. Any suggestions? I have all EPs and SPs and only updated for FT hacks.

Also, I'm sick of my sims coming out with the same hobby enthusiams. I do have some variety, but I have to keep changing them so I don't get all these cusine/tinkering geeks.

Is their fun full? I noticed that I had to drag one sim's fun meter down a notch to get him to sit and read about parenting. All of my other sims with not so full bars were fine.

It's not that, my sims will read with their fun meters full. But when they try to read the parenting book, the sim will sit down then jump up and the book will no longer be in her hands. So none of my sims are able to study parenting, no matter what house it is that I tried.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2008 March 08, 22:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that, my sims will read with their fun meters full. But when they try to read the parenting book, the sim will sit down then jump up and the book will no longer be in her hands. So none of my sims are able to study parenting, no matter what house it is that I tried.

This with maxis bookcases as well? Seems like you have a wonky file somewhere, either a hack that needs updating, a hack conflict or just a badly made bit of custom. I once had a custom sink that caused errors on all the other sinks.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2008 March 08, 23:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone at N99 has isolated the problem regarding super-fast dropping motives and no-autonomy:

I have been having trouble with two things in particular. One involves their needs dropping too fast. They will not eat, bathe, use the bathroom until they are in the red - and even then, sometimes I have to direct them to do it or they STILL won't. One thing I did notice, is that even when they are eating a meal, for every tiny bit the meter goes up to the right (filling it), you can visually see it jump to the left (depleting it!). There is definitely a problem with this, and frankly, I think this is one of the most serious game issues I've seen out of any expansion pack. It definitely affects gameplay no matter what you are doing with your sim.

The other problem I've noticed is what I call the "standing around like an idiot syndrome". Specifically, sims will queue up to do something, maybe talk to another sim who is obviously busy (maybe riding the exercise bike), and the sim will stand there forever, never giving up and moving on to something else. The way my game used to play, before FT, was this might happen but within a reasonable amount of time, the sim would either get distracted and move on or would realize this won't happen anytime soon & move on to something else. With FT, they will DIE standing there if you let them. I notice that they even do this THROUGH walls! If they are in one room and another sim is in the adjacent room, they will queue up at the wall parallel to where the other sim is and stand there forever waiting on them. Also, there is an issue with the attraction system where they will follow someone around that they are attracted to even when they are in complete needs failure with SEVERAL things all at once. More times than not, I find all my sims in a household (I've been playing Uni dorms/greek houses), all bunched up outside the front door swooning over some highly attractive sim that has just returned from class. They won't come back into the house/dorm for 6-7 hours, no matter if they are starving, stinking to high heaven, etc.

Anyway, back to my experiment -- I tried playing several households and refused to assign any of the new Lifetime Aspiration Benefits. Guess what? None of those sims had a problem. They function as normal. When they are even halfway hungry, they cook/eat. When they are dirty, they bathe. So, all these newfound problems in my game are definitely tied to the Aspiration benefits. I plan on having all of the ones I had previously assigned use the ReNuYuSenso Orb's "reset lifetime aspiration benefits" feature today to get rid of them (until EA comes out with a patch that fixes this) so my game can function enjoyably again.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2008 March 09, 03:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the topic of red marriage memories for non-romance sims, TwoJeffs took a look at the code in response to a glitch I reported with aspiration and ACR.  He had this to say after looking at the code:
OH. MY. GOD. :X

EAxis' code for returning the primary aspiration is HORRIBLY broken if the sim happens to have a secondary asp set and returns garbage. How in the fuck did this make it out of QA?

I'll have to release a separate bug fix to take care of this part of the problem. ACR will also need an update since I borked part of my code too.

He has posted a critical fix for it.  If you have Free Time and you use secondary aspirations, you need this fix.

As for the glitch where sims bring home the same hobby friend every day, TwoJeffs has also posted a fix for that in the same bug fixes thread.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 09, 03:14:43 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: 2008 March 09, 07:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Kyna. Wink I always forget to check out TJ's stuff.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2008 March 09, 13:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gypsy bug is known, and I will eventually get around to dealing with it. Sooner or later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2008 March 09, 20:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the gypsy bringing free lamps is kind of a neat glitch. I think I'll probably take advantage of it before it's fixed.
silkymoonshine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2008 March 09, 21:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I installed FT, I unistalled OFB and Uni. And I've begun moving a few Hobby people to Don Lothario's house ('new' Pleasantville, don't really care about the 'hood).

The Arts & Crafts club woman (she's named Cassidy something in my game, she has red hair, grey eyes and the Lucy Hanbi face template) has the emo-OFB hair. Her portrait hair and clothes were different than the ones she came wearing (this has happened to other 3 women I've moved in, of all of them only one's portrait is the clothes/hair she actually has). I've checked and I can't select that hair through the mirror, why is it even there?
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2008 March 09, 22:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello..I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with families in Desiderata Valley crashing on load?  I can access all families except the Aspir family, everytime I try to load them it crashes on load. The only hacks I have are sshack, noadhd,and the censor one...I have never played this lot yet so there is no cc on the lot.

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2008 March 09, 22:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my legacy heirs just died because of the needs not being recognized.  Of course his mother lost to the grim reaper as well.  My sims will constantly think about food, but for shits and giggles, I let one sim make her own choice, and ended up cancelling out a ton of queues to play red hands, the stupid punching game, and all those other stupid things my sims seem to be doing a lot more often.  Her hunger was pretty much in the red when she decided to go to bed instead.  She didn't die but her brother did because they let it get all the way down to like 10 percent left.  If this is how it is going to be til the patch, my sims are going to be dropping like flies!

And has anyone noticed an increase in their sim's desires to play red hands, rock paper scissors, etc?  They barely do anything else anymore!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2008 March 09, 22:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My child Sims with Nature enthusiasm are rolling wants to bird watch but the interaction is not available until teen.

The interaction "Paint Grilled Cheese" cannot be resumed if the action is canceled or interrupted. The only option is "Scrap Painting".

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2008 March 09, 23:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not quit sure if a new bug, everytime after my sims used sewing machine and will use it again, they complain that there is no seat and I need to buy new one.
Sounds like the "chair in use" bug is back. Or has it never been away and just been stomped by one of J.M.'s fixes?

I didn't read the whole thread (yet) so someone else may have reported this, but this happens with the computer chair too. Not every time, just about half.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: