More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:16:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 337614 times)
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #375 on: 2008 March 06, 21:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I have been noticing the dance contests at one of my community lots aren't quite right. If my sim picks a solo contest, the others smustle, and vice-versa.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2008 March 06, 23:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sewinglady, I have a sim with the 'architecture' career path. He uses his tinkered car to go to work(at least, when I remember to tell him to) I've never had him error out like that. I suspect tight pants. Any outdated hacks for cars or work in your downloads?

Nope, no car or work hacks whatsoever...and only this sim, the LandRover (I think from FreshPrince) and architecture...

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2008 March 07, 04:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say try with a different car then -- the custom car may be borked.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2008 March 07, 16:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've been playinging with Freetime for roughly two days.  I ran into a couple problems.  I replaced hacks that could be replaced, took out ones that are being updated and left in the rest for testing purposes.  Something interfered with my novel-writing, but I've narrowed that one down (the usual way, taking stuff out, and putting stuff back in, much reloading and testing).
However, the other problem I'm a little stumped on.  I'm still in the midst of testing and trying out solutions, but I thought I'd mention it here on the off chance someone here had a similiar problem and knows how to fix it.  The mysterious problem is that my Robot making bench is no longer clickable.  The cursor becomes small and grayed out when I hover it over the robot bench.  Not sure what's going on there.  None of the hacks I have in would seem to affect that at all, but as I said I'm still working on it.  Anyway, just checking in case someone knows.  Not holding my breath or anything.  Still testing out stuff.
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2008 March 07, 19:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had sim twins age from child to teen the other day. One has a LTW and the other does not.......Weird   

Female Gamer<br />EQ2 Sariah 50 Warden<br />Sims 2
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2008 March 07, 19:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had sim twins age from child to teen the other day. One has a LTW and the other does not.......Weird   

Most of the time, teens' LTWs don't show up until you fulfill a want for them. I expect the one teen had a Grow Up Well want that was fulfilled right away and the other one didn't.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2008 March 07, 20:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Ronnie, but your errors will still be there, it's just that you can no longer see them.

Do your sims keep stopping what they are doing and jumping out of actions? If you're having continual errors you most likely won't be able to play properly. Have you added anything to your game lately? Or failed to check your hacks for Freetime compatibility?

ETA: Hah Jolrei - great minds think alike.  Grin I was editing whilst you were posting.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2008 March 07, 20:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed during gameplay that if you have the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat enabled, everything you do with sim to sim interactions causes an error. So I disabled it and the errors stopped coming.

This should not be happening.  I always run with debug mode on and I pop no errors in my game.  Likeliest cause is incompatible, conflicting, and/or oldversions of hacks/mods.

I would suggest you delete all mods/hacks and CC from your downloads, install the latest awesome director's cut and test your game.  If everything is fine after that, then start loading in hacks from other modders, being sure that they are certified compatible for FT by their creator.

If the error still persists after this, you could post an error log (Read the FAQ for directions on this).

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2008 March 07, 20:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed during gameplay that if you have the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat enabled, everything you do with sim to sim interactions causes an error. So I disabled it and the errors stopped coming.

*face palms* Are you serious? I thought that nonsense had been breed out of the gene pool. Hasn't the game been around long enough for people to realize that BOOLPROP DOES NOT CAUSE ERRORS?!

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2008 March 07, 21:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes All "boolprop" does is report the errors. The errors haven't stopped, you just have stopped being told about them.

I don't think we'll ever convince the Sheeple of this.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2008 March 07, 22:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes All "boolprop" does is report the errors. The errors haven't stopped, you just have stopped being told about them.

I don't think we'll ever convince the Sheeple of this.

You assume they're even bothering to listen or understand what boolprop actually is.

First time I played, I had one household that suffered from the "too many iterations" error in a constant stream, mainly with the pets. A sweep of downloads to remove the un-awesome didn't fix it but oddly enough, typing in maxmotives did. Boolprop hasn't popped up an error since.

~~ Larxene
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2008 March 07, 22:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You assume they're even bothering to listen or understand what boolprop actually is.

Around here it's generally referred to as 'debug mode', not 'boolprop' fyi.

ETA: You'll notice the poster before you had quotation marks around "boolprop"; she was being sarcastic and using the sheeple name for it. Boolprop merely means boolean property. It can only have two states: on or off, true or false, 0 or 1 etc. So testing cheats is being set to 'true' in its boolean property. i.e. debug mode's being turned on.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 07, 22:22:43 by witch » Logged

Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2008 March 07, 22:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I get for not paying attention to what site uses what terms for it.  Tongue

~~ Larxene
illusionofjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2008 March 07, 22:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I get for not paying attention to what site uses what terms for it.  Tongue

This site uses the accurate term for it, which is what should be used at every site, no matter what the so-called "community consensus" is on how to name it. Just because a majority may believe it, does not mean it becomes accurate, true or correct.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2008 March 07, 23:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I argued with some kiddies over at the BBS yesterday about that very same thing.

BBSer 1: I keep getting errors popping up and I can't play!!!!11!!
BBSer 2: You should stop using BoolProp. I used that and it kept erroring on me.
Me: BoolProp only shows the errors that occur in your game, it doesn't cause them. If you are getting continuous errors, you have a conflicting hack in your game (update), or there is a bug in the game (report it).
BBSer 2: Nuh-uh! I'm reporting you! Bad advice.

I wouldn't have bothered, but I was at the site practicing futility by posting about bugs and had seen someone else ask if they should buy X item or FreeTime.

Larxene, both "debug mode" and "boolProp" are understood here. What is used is up to personal preference.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2008 March 07, 23:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But only boolprop gets pointed and laughed at.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2008 March 07, 23:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use "testing cheat" without being poked with sticks.

Yes, I was being sarcastic by calling it boolprop.  Cheesy Since we were obviously talking to a sheeple, I was trying to use their language.

I gave up trying to help on the BBS long ago. All it ever accomplished was me wanting to throttle someone.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2008 March 07, 23:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problems with the compost bin.  My sims will sometimes complain that they can't get to it, even if I have an empty tile all around it.

May all your fears & worries come true.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: 2008 March 07, 23:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mysterious problem is that my Robot making bench is no longer clickable.  The cursor becomes small and grayed out when I hover it over the robot bench.

Have you installed any of the Parsimonious aromatherapy items?  The old version broke the robot station.  I had the updated version, and it broke my toy-making station.  Delete!

marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2008 March 08, 01:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mysterious problem is that my Robot making bench is no longer clickable.  The cursor becomes small and grayed out when I hover it over the robot bench.

Have you installed any of the Parsimonious aromatherapy items?  The old version broke the robot station.  I had the updated version, and it broke my toy-making station.  Delete!

AHA! That is it! I've had those for a long time, and it didn't occur to me that those would cause a problem! Thanks...it would have taken me forever to have gotten around to those.
And can I say again....Thanks.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2008 March 08, 06:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm alone on this one: My gardens do not spawn weeds ( not that it's necessarily bad) but plants and shrubs do spawn the devils. Installed: DC and TJ's updated mods. Removed: CTFG harvest/talk/compost hacks. No joy. The only other mod I have installed ithat could possibly cause this problem is the daily gardener. I will remove that next play session to see if that is the problem. :/   Anyone else not gettin' weeds?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2008 March 08, 06:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should always rip out the entire downloads folder in the event something like that happens, just so you know you're not wasting your time trying to sort for a conflicting hack if one doesn't exist. Personally, I'm staying the hell away from FT. The borkiness can only rise per expansion.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: 2008 March 08, 06:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm alone on this one: My gardens do not spawn weeds ( not that it's necessarily bad) but plants and shrubs do spawn the devils. Installed: DC and TJ's updated mods. Removed: CTFG harvest/talk/compost hacks. No joy. The only other mod I have installed ithat could possibly cause this problem is the daily gardener. I will remove that next play session to see if that is the problem. :/   Anyone else not gettin' weeds?

Daily Gardener won't influence whether you get weeds or not, it just makes sure the Gardener comes every day instead of every 3 days.

Have your sims got a dog? They might be peeing on the plants/shrubs and thus spawning weeds.

Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2008 March 08, 07:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A garden in a greenhouse still gets weeds right?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2008 March 08, 07:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean veggies? Yep. The kind you tend, not pull.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: