More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:34:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 337615 times)
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #350 on: 2008 March 06, 15:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or are the enthusiasm levels a bit screwy?  My sims rocket up to level nine and then spend forever trying to make it to level ten.  Because of this, I have sim children who are level 9 at Music & Dance from learning a nursery rhyme and playing with the xylophone.

All of my sims bring home a friend every day.  I haven't seen any NPCs yet, but that's probably because I have at least two sims in each career, or none at all.

Finally; does anyone else have an absurd number of sims preferring one hobby?  About 90% of my sims are interested in nature.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2008 March 06, 15:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hobby preference is based on stat distribution.  I'll see if I can find the list.  I think I saw it on Boolprop.  But, if most of your sims are high <one particular favored trait>, then they will prefer the same hobby.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2008 March 06, 15:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The energy depletion does not only happen when sims play sports, it happens if they are sitting on the couch watching a move. You can actually see the need bars move down, which as speed 1 did not happen previously.

More F than you
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: 2008 March 06, 16:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hubby and I both installed Free Time, he on his laptop, me on my computer. We both played with the Sewing Machine and got our Sims up to a Gold Badge, after a season and two days of maxmotives and nonstop work. Now we can make custom outfits! His can only be sold, mine can be sold or added to the wardrobe. We both have vanilla installs. WTF?

Eschew Obfuscation.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2008 March 06, 16:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So..... what's the problem again?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: 2008 March 06, 16:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My husband can't add custom outfits to the wardrobe in his game. The option isn't there for him, but it is there for me. Which is strange, we both have vanilla games and identical EP/SP set ups.

Eschew Obfuscation.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2008 March 06, 16:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have my Sims gold or platinum (occasionally green) and see the decay.  Tongue I just keep on sliding those needs up and making them live like normal Sims that can nominally make it through an entire day without fainting from exhaustion.  Tongue And an hour or so of just shooting hoops- no running, just Horse- shouldn't tank their hygeine either. Stupid Eaxis

The game wants to make the majority of my Sims Sports sims. This is why Pes lets us change the One True Hobby with the lot debugger.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2008 March 06, 16:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Btw, I can report that the Personality Reprogrammer Aspiration Reward DOES fix broken sims who constantly FAIL their reward throws.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2008 March 06, 16:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Aspyr family went to the nature lot and most of them got chased by BEES.
Well, my nature lot is blank, but I now know that's my bad and not EAxis. It's fine, I'm using rebuilding the lot in stages as part of my story. Since Jumbuktu has now been abandoned, the crazy quotient has been severly lacking. Enter Daphne, the burgeoning hippy, rebuilding a nature sanctuary for Mother Gaia to inspire sims to follow the path of Nature. Oddly, other than the instructor-type, my 'hood has no other high Nature sims.

One of JM's new versions of his hacks seems to have stomped the missing animation errors for Science and Culinary sims. Whether this was by design or by accident (because it wasn't mentioned anywhere), I'm eternally grateful. 16-dormie dorm was giving me constant errors.

KatEnigma, mine seem to go towards Fitness, even most of my townies can be seen doing leg stretches.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2008 March 06, 17:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't most bugs six-legged?

It depends - bugs mentioned in a bork list thread don't necessarily refer to those belonging to the hexapoda group, so I thought I'd better clarify.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2008 March 06, 17:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hobby preference is based on stat distribution.  I'll see if I can find the list.  I think I saw it on Boolprop.  But, if most of your sims are high <one particular favored trait>, then they will prefer the same hobby.
Well, I've been playing EAxis-made sims and townies, so any common stat distribution is not because of my personal sim preferences.   Is "<one particular favored trait>"  referring to personality?

I assume it goes something like this, but I'm basically talking out my ass now:

Playful - Music & Dance, Arts & Crafts
Serious - Science, Gaming
Neat - Nature
Active - Sports, Fitness

I have no clue about the rest.
Aren't most bugs six-legged?
It depends - bugs mentioned in a bork list thread don't necessarily refer to those belonging to the hexapoda group, so I thought I'd better clarify.
If we're talking about animals, all bugs are six-legged, because all bugs are insects.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2008 March 06, 17:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had heard it was interest points that determined the OTH.

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2008 March 06, 17:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is from the Prima Guide, so is not reliable, BUT:

(copied from the boolprop forums)
If you don't have the Prima guide, here's a list of what personality combinations lead to predestined hobbies.
Arts & Crafts (Sloppy/Nice)
Cuisine (Neat/Lazy)
Film & Literature (Shy/Lazy)
Fitness (Outgoing/Active)
Games (Playful/Grouchy)
Music & Dance (Outgoing/Serious)
Nature (Sloppy/Playful)
Science (Neat/Serious)
Sports (Active/Grouchy)
Tinkering (Shy/Nice)

Also, don't spiders, centipedes, and millipedes count as "bugs"?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: 2008 March 06, 17:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even more reason to use the Randomiser before sim-births. Imagine up to 10 kids all interested in the same hobby? Nightmare.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2008 March 06, 18:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You missed part of the OTH thing, though, from the guide. It's also determined by Interest. From the L&P Guide directly:

"Each Sim's predestined hobby is chosen at birth (or the first time you play after installing The Sims 2 Free Time) based on a combination of personality and Interests. Personality points and Interest level will make certain hobbies more likely than others as a Sim's predestined hobby"

Arts & Crafts: Culture, Fashion
Cuisine: Food
Film and Literature: Entertainment, Culture
Fitness: Health
Games: Entertainment
Music and Dance: Entertainment, Culture
Nature: Environment, Weather, Animals
Science: Sci-Fi
Sports: Sports
Tinkering: Toys

Since "hunting bugs" also finds spiders, maybe it was a 6 legged spider? Or maybe just Eaxis is full of it.

Anyway, I had 3 kids in a row with the same hobby as their mother (Sports) until I used the debugger to change them.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2008 March 06, 18:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, don't spiders, centipedes, and millipedes count as "bugs"?
According to thefreedictionary, "true bug n. - A wingless or four-winged insect of the order Hemiptera, especially of the suborder Heteroptera, including the bedbug, louse, and chinch bug, having mouthparts adapted for piercing and sucking."
If we're not being completely technical, though, spiders, centipedes, and millipedes are often referred to as bugs.

Thanks for posting that list of traits.  Smiley
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2008 March 06, 18:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome.

Thank you, as well, KatEnigma, for expanding it.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2008 March 06, 18:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink Well, I still think it's pretty random, and am using the debugger to choose for them, not the game.

- Kurt Vonnegut
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2008 March 06, 18:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim last night for whom I chose the 'architecture' career path. 

He owned a car, so he went to work in it - but the car kept erroring out and he would come home, but no car and he landed in the kitchen and no wages from that day's work.

After the second day of this, I just left him with no car, so third day he went to work in the carpool (I don't think draftsman is the lowest of the levels in architecture, but it was the shitty little 1st level carpool that came for him and brought him home).  He was promoted and received his days wages when going to/from work in the carpool.

Now I have played a lot of families since installing FT and NO OTHER SIMS with ANY OTHER CAREER PATHs have had this difficulty.

Okay, on purpose, I haven't played any family where there's a sim with a science career path as we know that's borked.

But this is the first sim I've had on the architecture path...is it borked?  Is it the car that's borked (he had a custom car from FreshPrince).

Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2008 March 06, 19:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wait science is borked?
Where did I miss that?
I had troubles getting the guy traveler to go to work at all. Took two promotions before he started going on his own. I wonder if it was cus his mood was off. I wasn't paying attention.

Dangit this makes me have to pay much more "micro" attention to these simmies.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2008 March 06, 19:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been mentioned even over at the EA BBS - maxed science career (mad scientist) gets a chance card and when they get home the game removed 27,000 simoleons from them instead of paying them their daily wages.

So I have 2 mad scientists in my neighborhood and haven't played either family since installing FT.

Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2008 March 06, 19:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wierd...
isn't that part of this..
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11317.0.html

or something different?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2008 March 06, 19:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sewinglady, I have a sim with the 'architecture' career path. He uses his tinkered car to go to work(at least, when I remember to tell him to) I've never had him error out like that. I suspect tight pants. Any outdated hacks for cars or work in your downloads?

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2008 March 06, 21:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a bug or just really bad timing, but I had a YA writing a novel (glad to see they don't take as long now), and right as the phone rang he ran off to class. Can't retrieve him obviously. Phone stopped, van showed up with the novel and dropped it off, he got nothing for it. Not a single simolean.  Undecided
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2008 March 06, 21:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a bug or just really bad timing, but I had a YA writing a novel (glad to see they don't take as long now), and right as the phone rang he ran off to class. Can't retrieve him obviously. Phone stopped, van showed up with the novel and dropped it off, he got nothing for it. Not a single simolean.  Undecided

Bad timing, I think.  I've had that happen before.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: