More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 00:42:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can you run a restaurant as a home business?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can you run a restaurant as a home business?  (Read 2364 times)
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can you run a restaurant as a home business?
« on: 2006 June 10, 22:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I decided to attempt to get a home business up and running, but I've been somewhat stymied by the fact that most of the cool businessy things are community-lot only.  Who says that my sims can't have a restaurant and live upstairs?  Hmmph.  I've downloaded a "use community items on residential lots" thing, and I'm hoping that this will solve my problem.

My thought was that the family who owned it would be the main employees, like many small restaurants you see.  Dad cooks, mom is a hostess and the kids help out after school.  The question is, though, will placing the various restaurant doohickeys attract random NPCs to run them automatically?  Can I have the business owner fire them and such?

If not, maybe I'll just have to run it as a takeout place and put plates of food on sale trays. Time to bust out the heat-lamps, I guess...
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Can you run a restaurant as a home business?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 10, 23:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the short answer is no.

Clothing stores and restaurants both need to be on community lots unless you get a collection of things hacked to allow use on a home lot, and then it may work.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 11, 00:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use jaxad's mod:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138575

With it, you can easily make any kind of home business. Including restaurants.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 11, 01:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought about buying a community lot, buying the needed items there, and putting them into inventory to take them home. Never tried it out, though. You can if you want.
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 11, 08:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get any community items on a lot when you build it, using the changelotzoning to change it from residential to community and back.  It's better to start residential because then you don't have to find a mailbox and trashcan later on.

This residential lot has a restaurant and shops in it http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=373777. It's a little village, so I made it to work as a residential/community/home business/dorm, depending on how you change the lot zoning and where you put it.

The objects attract npcs, so you get a host a chef and waiters, and sims can eat there.  When the waiters aren't busy, they walk across to the house and clean up too. In dorm mode, you get a cafeteria worker as well as the pay food. A disadvantage is that normal visitors may go to eat as soon as you greet them, and I don't know of a way to distract them.  I don't know whether it'll give my computer a nervous breakdown, but I have eight sims in it, and it hasn't yet.

I've only just installed OFB. As I don't know how to run a restaurant as a business, I don't know if this one is working or not yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: