More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 15:54:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Random Sim Immortality (non-vampiric)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random Sim Immortality (non-vampiric)  (Read 2703 times)
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Random Sim Immortality (non-vampiric)
« on: 2008 June 21, 14:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple in a custom neighborhood who have been around for a long time now, kept alive and youthful with the Elixir of Life.  Since the last dose of Elixir, one of them has stopped aging. Right now he has twenty-eight days left as an adult, and he's been stuck right there for fourteen days. Aging is definitely on for the lot; the spouse still ages and the kids are growing up/age transitioning.

I don't mind having this glitch; I don't have to worry about him aging up before I want him to.

But is this a sign of impending doom for the sim/family/lot/neighborhood? I suspect not, but I thought I'd ask, just to make sure.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Random Sim Immortality (non-vampiric)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 21, 15:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not a sign of doom.  I've had sims stuck before - you can kick start their aging again at some point with an aging adjuster (several available - I use the Insim one) - just add a day and then subtract a day again from the sims age and he or she (as the case may be) will likely start aging normally.

Mind you, if you don't mind them stuck...

Tribulatio proxima est
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 22, 01:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen sim ages reset sometimes to large numbers as a result of a bug, quirk, plain wild game bahviour or something.  Have a look in SimPE - you might find he has an age of 228 days to go or some large number like that.  It can only show as 28 days in game and so won't change until the number comes down to below 28.  It's not that they're not aging, just that you can't see it.  I don't know what causes it and haven't seen it for some time but if you've been messing with the aging anyway, that look like an explanation right there.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 22, 09:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete the sim, save and re-enter the lot has always fixed that type of issues for me.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: