More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 08:23:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weird 2 legged, flying pets in my shop
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird 2 legged, flying pets in my shop  (Read 6734 times)
Meganb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Weird 2 legged, flying pets in my shop
« on: 2007 October 24, 20:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They buy stuff ( but you can't sell to them ) and drink coffee. I have downloaded a few mods, but nothing to do with pets I don't think. Everytime they are there, if someone trys to help them ( cashier, coffee guy ) I get an error and have to delete the person. My SIMS also can't close the shop if one of them are there and you can't shoo them or have any interaction without an error. Oh- and I downloaded the cock thing from here and one of my women ended up with one! But it wasn't too big of a deal, I didn't like her much so I killed her  Shocked And most of the employees I can hire are these things too, I have to just hire people who walk in. Anyone help?
« Last Edit: 2007 October 24, 20:09:52 by Meganb » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Weird 2 legged, flying pets in my shop
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 24, 20:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good God, that's confusing!  On the off chance that you really are talking about something that makes any sense...

What EPs do you have?
What are these "things"?  Pets?  People sims?
What does the Crammyboy penis hack have to do with anything?
Are your hacks up to date (i.e. compatible with your latest EP)?

What I (and I expect a number of other here) can get out of your post is:

Something comes into your OFB businesses.  It may or may not fly.  It may or may not be a pet.  You believe you can hire it, or perhaps not, since you can't actually interact with it in any way without errors.  You have some hacks, but nothing to do with pets.

Details and clarity are important if you want help.

Tribulatio proxima est
Meganb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 24, 20:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, These things are pets: dogs and cats, the same ones you would see walking, with the same names. They get the thing over heir heads that means they are looking at something to buy, clicking on them gives only the pet type otions and then error ( whether I picked one or not ) When you hire employees on the phone, there pictures show up with their stats, that's why I say I can hire them, but I haven't tried.  The penis hack thing was just another weird thing that happened, no relation, I don't think ,just wondering if any one else had that happen, like i said it was no big deal, I checked my other women and they are fine. My hack should be compatable, however some CC may not be since I installed BV, but none of my CC have given me troubles.  I removed some mods that might have been iffy but it doesn't seem to have helped. I have all EP's and stuff packs but H&M. I had never seen these before in my shop.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 24, 20:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a weird one!

The first thing I would suggest doing is simply to remove your Downloads folder from your game - just move the whole thing to your Desktop - and see if the problem persists. My suspicion is that it will not. If that's the case, then you know it's a piece of CC that's causing the problem. Once you know that, put half of your Downloads back in and test. If the problem doesn't come back, take that half back out and try with the other half in. Then if the problem's back (or if it's there with the 1st half in), simply remove another half of your DLs and test again. Rinse and repeat as necessary until you have it narrowed down to the offending item.

This may seem like a slow/tedious process, but it goes *much* more quickly than you'd think.

Also, if you could tell us exactly which hacks/mods you're currently using (whether you think they're the cause or not), someone here may know of a conflict that could be causing the problem.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 24, 20:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack for ladycock here, but it's clearly marked over in Peasantry.

Can I say that I love that the reaction to discovering ladycock is to strike that sim dead? It's like a reenactment of The Crying Game or Boys Don't Cry or something.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 24, 20:57:58 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Meganb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 24, 20:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try with the downloads folder, I remember having to do that once before.
The mods I have are for babies and kids ( sleep longer, nursing-even though it's not supported it works fine, clothes, etc ) Faster homework. The insiminater ( which is recent )  Some no whining and anti-redundancy things... I can't think of all.  But I will  go through what I do have to see what the problem is. At first they were kind of cute but too many errors with them. ( no slot number ) cancel just brings it right back up, reset will make them stuck in the floor until the error again and delete gets rid of them for a while, bu if someone tries to sell it coffee, it's the same thing but I have to delete the person.
kiheemeow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 24, 20:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen to me too. I also noticed that when I went into the neighbourhood view for Bluewater, there were no playable families in the residental houses.

I don't think my problem had anything to do with any hacks or mods or any CC whatsoever.

I figured out that because I had bought and installed Pets BEFORE I got OFB, the pets files got corrupted somehow and these characters were registering as HUMANS in SimPE (explains the weird two-legged floaters and limited interactions).

So, what I did was uninstall OFB and PETS and reinstalled them in the proper order.
Meganb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 24, 21:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that might be it. I had to uninstall everything when I got BV and re-install it all, I didn't really pay attention to the order but I will check to see if that is what's wrong.
kiheemeow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 24, 21:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome and good luck.  Wink
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 25, 00:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured out that because I had bought and installed Pets BEFORE I got OFB, the pets files got corrupted somehow and these characters were registering as HUMANS in SimPE (explains the weird two-legged floaters and limited interactions).
So, what I did was uninstall OFB and PETS and reinstalled them in the proper order.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we may have a winner!  Yes, always load your EPs in the correct order.  Axiomatic really.  So much so that it would be hard to find someone here who had seen the problem since I think we mostly have installed EPs in the right order.  Nice call (if it works of course).  Smiley

Edit following new information:  Apparently this is not the solution for all instances of this problem.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 25, 15:34:27 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 25, 14:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the record I am seeing this problem as well(weird animal customers) and DO have my EPs in the right order. I have very little CC in my game right now so I will do the downloads shuffle to see if i can pin it down. I really hope I don't have to re-install /makes face/ ...

Will report back.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Meganb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 25, 16:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it worked, kinda. I still could not play that one shop, but I called it a loss and got rid of it. My new one is working just fine. I put all of my CC back in, so it wasn't any of that. Must have been the order I installed them. Maybe just something wrong with that one shop. Who knows. I'm just glad they are gone.  Actually that whole town was odd. It was my new one, only a few houses, shops and people. That's where I got my ladycock too. I think I will just keep to my original town.  Actually I also had one women who just totally dissapeared too, I would enter her house, I could see her on the loading screen but I get in and jut buy and build mode available, she's nowhere and the maid is there. Strange.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 25, 16:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it worked, kinda. I still could not play that one shop, but I called it a loss and got rid of it. My new one is working just fine. I put all of my CC back in, so it wasn't any of that. Must have been the order I installed them. Maybe just something wrong with that one shop. Who knows. I'm just glad they are gone.  Actually that whole town was odd. It was my new one, only a few houses, shops and people. That's where I got my ladycock too...Actually I also had one women who just totally dissapeared too, I would enter her house, I could see her on the loading screen but I get in and jut buy and build mode available, she's nowhere and the maid is there. Strange.

When you built this neighbourhood, you didn't use the "deleteallcharacters" cheat, did you?  This is considered a bad thing (causes problems leading to splodie hoods) with OFB and higher EPs.

Tribulatio proxima est
Meganb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 25, 16:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No cheats but moveobjects and for money. I did empty templates and this was the first new town after. I restored everything when I first got the troubles but it didn't fix anything, maybe I did it wrong and something went crazy. At least it was a new test town so it's no big deal.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 25, 19:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me there was a couple odd files in my downloads folder that I deleted because they didn't have any name that I recognized and I had no idea where they came from. On a quick check of a couple of my businesses no pets showed up so I'm hoping that was it for me.

I was wrong the problem persists even with no downloads in game and on several lots. Could I package lots to file and start over? Or would that just move the problem to a new hood? I hate to lose the lots I've been building for a month now...

Cass Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 October 26, 18:53:58 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 29, 19:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can think of two reasons why these observations would happen:
1) Using deleteallcharacters to empty a Neighbourhood, without clearing out what Pescado calls "dangling SWAFs" (Sim Wants and Fears files).
2) Having pre-Pets hacks in your game.

When you empty a Neighbourhood, it's necessary to make sure everything to do with the characters gets deleted - not just the character files, but also the Sim Wants and Fears files. If these get left behind, odd things can happen, like toddlers with LifeTime Wants and children with an aspiration other than "Grow Up". In a Pets-enhanced game, you can end up with pets that think they're human and vice versa. This, obviously, leads to pets attempting to use the human animations and walking around on two legs.

The problem with outdated hacks is that before Pets, it wasn't necessary for hacks to check the species of sim before modifying its behaviour - as all sims were human or humanoid, so would all use the same animations. However, now that Pets exist, it's necessary for the game to check "human" or "cat" or "large dog" or "small dog" to get the right behaviours and animations.

It's very possible that you haven't downloaded a hack that has anything to do with pets at all, but you do perhaps have an outdated version of a hack that affects customers in a shop. For example, the FFS no playable shoppers or Business Runs You hacks. In a game with Pets installed, these hacks need to check the species of sim, and the Pets versions of them will do so as Pescado is a competent modder - but if you grabbed the OFB version instead, the code for species-checking might not be included. This could make pets act like humans.

No cheats but moveobjects and for money. I did empty templates and this was the first new town after. I restored everything when I first got the troubles but it didn't fix anything, maybe I did it wrong and something went crazy. At least it was a new test town so it's no big deal.

Where did you get the empty templates from, and what do you mean by "I restored everything when I first got the troubles"? What was there for you to restore?

For me there was a couple odd files in my downloads folder that I deleted because they didn't have any name that I recognized and I had no idea where they came from. On a quick check of a couple of my businesses no pets showed up so I'm hoping that was it for me.

I was wrong the problem persists even with no downloads in game and on several lots. Could I package lots to file and start over? Or would that just move the problem to a new hood? I hate to lose the lots I've been building for a month now...

Did you remember to clear out everything? Downloads and SavedSims and LotCatalog and Teleport Wink? And did you delete groups.cache before restarting your game? groups.cache stores various settings, and it usually must be deleted after removing Downloads to be sure that they have properly "disappeared" from the game.

As for packaging lots to file, Pescado's rule is OCCUPADO = BAD. If you package occupied lots, you will in fact be transferring any amount of corruption and crap to a new Neighbourhood. You'll need to make sure you move sims out of the lot before attempting to salvage it, which will of course mean losing your furnishings. Inge has a Stay Things Shrub at Simlogical, which will hopefully only transfer objects and not bugs.

Hope this helps.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: