More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 06:15:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Screening maternitywear?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Screening maternitywear?  (Read 5006 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Screening maternitywear?
« on: 2006 December 30, 05:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any easy way to discover which clothing items work with the various "wear any outfit while pregnant" mods?  I have been buying stuff via the clothingtool to see which show the bump and which don't, but my poor simmies are going to go broke - and have a *seriously* bloated dresser - if I continue with this method.  CAS and Bodyshop aren't much help either, but I don't know if there is any way to load a preggy mannequin in Bodyshop, since I don't use it much...

Any suggestions?
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Screening maternitywear?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 30, 07:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only way to do that would be to have a pregnant sim try on the outfits before they're bought.

Or I could be totally wrong...
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 31, 10:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says right on the page where you download the mod from that it only works with sleepwear, underwear, and swimwear - NOT everyday clothing. I thought it seemed like a nifty mod too, until I read that little caveat, then promptly decided that it was useless to me.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 31, 12:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says right on the page where you download the mod from that it only works with sleepwear, underwear, and swimwear - NOT everyday clothing. I thought it seemed like a nifty mod too, until I read that little caveat, then promptly decided that it was useless to me.

Unless you download the mod (by squinge, I think?) that allows pregnant sims to wear everyday clothing...

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 31, 16:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have to get that hack.  I never realized some meshes showed the "bump"! 

Can someone tell me roughly which ones do that?  Are they the same ones that properly morph for fat Sims?
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 31, 18:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

notveryawesome, I have the squinge mod that states specifically that it does include everyday.  I haven't had any conflicts with the awesomeness, yet.

miros, I'll get back to you.  I'm going to create a test hood and just go nuts.  So far the most reliable of the daytime clothes has been the exercise gear.  It always shows the bump...
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 31, 20:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have to get that hack.  I never realized some meshes showed the "bump"! 

Can someone tell me roughly which ones do that?  Are they the same ones that properly morph for fat Sims?

There's no easy way to tell which skins do and which skins don't show the bump, you'll have to try them in-game with a pregnant sims. It usually depends on the creator of the original mesh. Most clothes from All About Style and Sussi So Good Sims have the pregnant morph included. Most maxis skins don't have it, except for the workout clothes and maybe a few others.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 31, 20:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did a test.  Of the Maxis clothes, there were a few things with a pregnancy mesh.

TOPS
v-neck and scoop neck sweaters with three-quarter length sleeves
v-neck tees with lace on the shoulders
raglan tees
strapless top
button down shirts with rolled-up sleeves (the second set, not the first)

These are a moot point, though, since no Maxis pants have the pregnancy mesh.

OUTFITS
sundress (the kind Angela Pleasant begins the game in)

FORMAL
halter dress with striped skirt
gypsy dress with layered skirt

It also works with all nightwear except the slob pjs, the silk pjs, and the longer nightgown.  It works with all the athleticwear except the ones that I recategorized from everyday.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 31, 20:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BAAH! BAAH! BAAH! BAAH!

Thanks for the list.  I'll have to try Squinge's hack now.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 31, 22:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*grin* YW!

Happy New Year, everybody!  Hopefully this year will be an improvement over last...  (We're having shrimp marinated in garlic, ginger and balsemic vinegar in a couple hours, then going to bed early.  I feel so old.)
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 01, 02:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use Squinge's pregnancy clothing mod, but I do have a pregnancy replacement package. It uses Cassandra's dress and the NL vampire dress, so those are both pregnancy morphed as well.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 01, 12:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a Maternity replacement set I made myself from a mesh and some textures I stole at All About Style (I think).
I'd much rather have a good replacement set than try to figure out which clothes work and which don't.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 01, 13:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use Squinge's pregnancy clothing mod, but I do have a pregnancy replacement package. It uses Cassandra's dress and the NL vampire dress, so those are both pregnancy morphed as well.

*frowns*  I thought I tested those, but they didn't work for me.  Next time I go in, I will test 'em again.

I wish I knew enough about skinning to just make my own maternity clothes...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: