More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 07:02:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OMGPETZ so cute...pass the shotgun
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMGPETZ so cute...pass the shotgun  (Read 18383 times)
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: OMGPETZ so cute...pass the shotgun
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 25, 15:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, that is extreme.   It is a sillly want. Mine have it all the time. I use reroll wants with the lot debugger. Occassionally it helps. 

numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 25, 16:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find nopetobsession really helps, and have you also tried rerolling their wants with the lot debugger?

I have the latest version of nopetobsession, and it doesn't seem to help with my game.  My downloads are few, and I have only a couple of non-awesome mods (breastfeeding, longerburningfires, and noquitemployees).  I just want to murder Mary-Sue Pleasant because I don't WANT her to have twenty cats now that she's kicked Daniel to the curb...
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 25, 18:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Mary Sue needs a hot stud to help her get over Daniel.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 25, 19:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...  Maybe it's time to create a Rudy Valentino for the Sims 2.   Cheesy
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 26, 00:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arrange for Mary-Sue to meet Komei Tellerman -- they had 3 bolts in my game and a very nice post-Daniel relationship until her death from old age. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 26, 03:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'll have to do that!  Maybe some casual woohoo is the cure for her...  I had her two obnoxious teens move out just as soon as dad split because all they did is mope and cry.  She never did teach Angela to study because they'd piss each other off just being in each other's vicinity.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 26, 03:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest version of nopetobsession, and it doesn't seem to help with my game.  My downloads are few, and I have only a couple of non-awesome mods (breastfeeding, longerburningfires, and noquitemployees).  I just want to murder Mary-Sue Pleasant because I don't WANT her to have twenty cats now that she's kicked Daniel to the curb...
I'm pretty sure the game actually triggers "become crazy cat lady" deliberately after such events.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 26, 10:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoyingly enough, I have a sim who is the designated Crazy Cat Lady of my hood; she's an elder family sim and I've given her the idiotic kitty LTW with some cheating in SimPE, I've moved a bunch of strays into her lot with the pet teleporter thing from MTS2, but the stupid hag is not rolling many pet obsession wants.
In stead she wants to learn cooking, and get a job in law enforcement.

Should she be popularity in stead of family?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 26, 10:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pet obsession wants are squelched by the presence of an actual pet, which is why you don't see them anymore.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 27, 20:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. From a bit of messing about I have learned that the original relationship level with the pet seems to trigger this pet-related wants response. It isn't entirely consistent, and can occur randomly but to a lesser extent

Getting the parents to invite the Uni sim home usually does result in a few autonomous interactions between pet and sim but these are, as JM says, entirely uncontrollable and it is pure luck if you happen to hit on a want.
Interestingly, when the Uni sim goes back to college the wants often reset to normal then after you fulfill a few drop back into pet-related idiocy never to return to reasonable.
Sharpen that axe JM.

« Last Edit: 2006 December 27, 20:24:31 by Ayslhyn » Logged
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 27, 23:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just lock one or two of the ones you don't plan to fulfil right away.  Should help keep them sane longer...
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 27, 23:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, you don't think I DID that?

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 27, 23:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes forget to unlock the want they're about to fulfill and lock another one I want to keep, especially when I'm trying to watch multiple Sims.  I assumed you had brain farts too.
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 December 29, 00:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry miros that was uneccesarily snappy, I certainly do suffer from cerebral flatulence but this issue is driving me so nuts I obsessively lock each and every pathetic attainable want.
Imagine getting over-excited about a "do assignment" want!
Christ on a bike I must be going madder than a bag of eels.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 29, 02:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.  Now I'm too paranoid to get a pet for a toddler.  Maybe I could put the kid on the Slacker track and skip University.
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 29, 02:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It dosen't happen to every University sim but of course, you don't know when the Pets Wants Spam will strike, and it is cat (or dog) astrophic when it does.
I'm amazed that the problem can hit any aspiration, any personality and it is more persistent than a Mormon on Sunday morning.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 December 29, 18:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly wouldn't pay too much attention to sim aspirations while in Uni. Most aspirations are basically impossible to do anything with in Uni because of how limited in scope Uni is. Since there's absolutely no *USE* for aspiration or mood in Uni anyway, it doesn't matter. Uni has no mood-dependent attributes that platinum would actually help with.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 December 29, 18:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will that be addressed in harderuni?
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 December 29, 21:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't Sims get a higher grade boost from going to class if they're in a better mood?  Huh
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 December 29, 23:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni has no mood-dependent attributes that platinum would actually help with.

Doesn't class performance vary slightly by mood?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 December 30, 02:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't think so -- I've had sims in bad moods get just as much credit as sims in good moods.  I think 'class performance' is based on the amount of time the sim actually spends in class, and not on how they feel when they go there.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 December 30, 03:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is one of the key reasons uni is so damn lame. I have failed students who have been to every class, for christ's sake.

Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 December 30, 19:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to disagree with the notion that aspiration has no effect on uni.
Indeed it does, fortune and knowledge sims are (or were, pre-pets) much the most likely to roll up university-related wants. Knowledge sims in particular used to be very easy to keep in platinum as they were constantly rolling up go to class, do group research, do assignment, do term paper, finish semester and get on deans list wants.
Fortune sims had similar wants but were much more apt to cheat ,as in getting influence wants to get other folk to do their assignments or term papers.
Romance sims were as sluttish as usual and wanted to WhooHoo every professor in sight. Popularity always wanted to join Greek Houses and be big sims on campus. Pleasure had the usual mishmash of crap low-scoring wants mostly related to dating and worst of all family sims were the hardest of all to keep happy at college.
About Grilled Cheese I will maintain a discreet silence.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 December 30, 19:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, I have an adult Grilled Cheese Sim and all he ever wants is: Make Grilled Cheese, Serve Grilled Cheese, Eat Grilled Cheese, Make Grilled Cheese for <family member>.  He also has 10 cooking and force feeds grilled cheese to the kids.  The mom had to make quiche while the dad was sleeping one night just for something different.

BTW, Grilled Cheese gets you about 35 food points with the Headmaster.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 December 30, 19:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aspiration is easy to manage at Uni if you use the college clock, because you can send your knowledge and fortune sims to exams as soon as their grade bars are full, and that keeps the tide of wants about academic things coming. The problem with aspiration arises if you aren't speeding them through, because you can pretty much get all the grade-related wants out of the way in a day, and then there are two days left for them to roll up stupid wants about pets and whatnot.

Popularity and romance sims are easier, and family sims drive me insane with their wants to be best friends with people they only met 5 minutes ago.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: