More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 22:16:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Multi-Purpose Lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Multi-Purpose Lots?  (Read 3679 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Multi-Purpose Lots?
« on: 2006 March 22, 22:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you have Multi-Purpose lots in OFB? For example, have a cafe with an internet section to the side, where the cafe is free, but to enter the internet section you'd have to pay? I don't want the sims spending forever to decide on a ticket before they go buy at the cafe, but I also don't want them to use the computers for free. I also want to have an Art Museum/Gallery, where the museum part is pay, but the gallery is free for browsing and purchase.

The ticket machine charges for time spent on the lot, not in a room, if I'm not mistaken. So are there any hacked objects to charge for time spent in a room vs. the entire lot?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Multi-Purpose Lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 23:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not mistaken. The time machine is in effect for the whole lot, you can't charge some rooms and not others.

I haven't seen a hack for that.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 23:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you use Inge's pay doors?

www.simlogical.com

You wouldn't be able to charge by the hour, just a fixed amount for each time they pass thru the door. But if you "say goodbye" to customers, new ones will come.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 23:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a good question and one I would like answered too. Would increase our options.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 23:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, I forgot that.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 23, 01:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something I'd really like, too.  I can't believe they didn't think of it, although chances are they didn't.  When I first started and wasn't sure what was going on, I had a ticket machine as well as stuff for sale and nothing ever got purchased because they never got past the ticket machine!  I think the only lot I have one on now is Club Dante, which at the moment is the only one that doesn't sell anything.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 23, 01:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it kinda odd that the Van Dough Gallery in Bluewater Village has a ticket machine on it when it's first installed, since there's also a cash register there.  I guess Maxis did that so you could set it up as either a view-only art museum, or a gallery that sells art.  Since it's now owned by Cassie Goth's oldest daughter, I got rid of the ticket machine and just priced all the art there as expensive or higher.  The Goth family fortune is growing again. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 23, 02:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it kinda odd that the Van Dough Gallery in Bluewater Village has a ticket machine on it when it's first installed, since there's also a cash register there.  I guess Maxis did that so you could set it up as either a view-only art museum, or a gallery that sells art.  Since it's now owned by Cassie Goth's oldest daughter, I got rid of the ticket machine and just priced all the art there as expensive or higher.  The Goth family fortune is growing again. Smiley

You know, regarding the Von Dough gallery, does it seem to you that it's somehow darker than normal? I converted it into a flowershop for one of my sims, but it seems that despite the abundance of windows, it's somehow still kinda dark.

Speaking of the Von Dough gallery, I'm very fond of the little backyard area in the back. I put the place right next to a park, and when I'm playing it, it seems like my sims are having a great little park outing. It's wonderful. My shop owners have great family outings at their shop. I'll have to upload a pic sometime - it's so picture perfect!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 23, 14:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, regarding the Von Dough gallery, does it seem to you that it's somehow darker than normal? I converted it into a flowershop for one of my sims, but it seems that despite the abundance of windows, it's somehow still kinda dark.

Speaking of the Von Dough gallery, I'm very fond of the little backyard area in the back. I put the place right next to a park, and when I'm playing it, it seems like my sims are having a great little park outing. It's wonderful. My shop owners have great family outings at their shop. I'll have to upload a pic sometime - it's so picture perfect!

Yea, it is kinda dark, but I think that's because of the choice of wall and floor colors -- it tends towards dark blue and very dark wood tones.

I like that backyard too; I turned it into a sculpture garden where all the sculptures are also for sale. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 23, 19:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you're not able to set a per-room option, place the ticket machine at the front door and manually set it to an outrageously cheap price so that they'll be more apt to buy tickets faster. The rest of your lots services will them be "value-added" services.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: