More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 02:52:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Fitness tracker error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fitness tracker error  (Read 5873 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Fitness tracker error
« on: 2007 May 31, 06:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone help me with the attached error log regarding the fitness tracker?

Background:  I have both ACR and preg4all in my game.  Bianca and Crystal are a same sex couple.  I wanted Bianca to be the one to get pregnant.  Bianca clicked on Crystal to autowoo using ACR.  They chose the sofa.  The first roll came up stating that Bianca was the one trying for baby.  However, the second roll came up successful with Crystal as the one pregnant, and not Bianca.  So I used the "morning after pill" on the ACR adjuster to abort Crystal's pregnancy and used Insim to get Bianca pregnant.

Crystal is in the athletic career, and after I'd sorted out which sim was pregnant, I had her working out on an exercise machine.  She is now fit enough to go from "normal" to "fit".  Every time she gets off the exercise machine I get an error about the fitness tracker.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 31, 08:21:21 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fitness tracker error
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 31, 08:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This appears to be the perplexing work of the non-Awesome, since the situation described is apparently physically impossible: The game is trying to find the Fitness Controller to push the get fit/fat action on, yet the controller is not present...but if the controller is not present, what on Earth is running that code in the first place? it is clearly the WORK OF THE NON-AWESOME.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 31, 09:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to track down a similar error, although I didn't compare your error log to mine as it was already deleted. These are on my suspect list. Do you have any of the same?

• Argon Fit fixes
  • Squinge's autonomous Career Aspiration Items (lie detector, punch bag, etc.)

Specifically the lie detector throws errors since Seasons. I posted my error log to him and he didn't recognize the problem and said he couldn't reproduce it, but that his best guess was comm-skilling. He recommended I use his instead of JMP's so see if that helped, but if Pescado doesn't recognize the code either, we need to keep looking.

I really would like to keep Squinge's items in the game because Sims will use them on their own. I don't use them in a cheat manner, but if a Sim earned that award, then they are given the autonomous version by Squinge so they can use it on their own, and the regular version so that Macrotastics can use it.

Oh, and nothing shows as a problem with the Hack Conflict Finder.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 31, 09:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have neither of those.  I just looked through my hacks folders to see if anything did affect fitness, but couldn't see anything.

I have recently added some hacks, as I'm playing with JadeElliott's list of random events (as posted here).  Those hacks were Inge's prison system, Simsky's burglar scheduler, WinterMuteai's insanity mod and Sir Ignitus Blowtorch's Buyable Fire.  Do you have any of those in your game?  The most likely candidate for glitchiness would be the prison system (since it's not updated for recent EPs).  But I've had other sims sproing into fitness on other lots since adding these to my game last week.

Just prior to playing this lot, in the same playing session, I was playing a lot were sims were sproinging into fitness (children turned teens who finally had the opportunity to train body).  The main thing different about this particular lot is that I'd aborted a pregnancy using ACR's morning after pill (the first time I'd used this function), and then the sim wouldn't sproing into fitness when she should have.  But I assume non-awesome means the glitch is not from any of TJ's mods either.

I plan my 'hoods so that I can click on the next household in rotation, rather than waste time loading the neighbourhood, then loading the lot I want to play.  Maybe clicking the neighbouring lot to load it has been borked somehow?
« Last Edit: 2007 May 31, 09:40:49 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 31, 09:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the ACR morning after pill doesn't always play well with other hacks, notably inteen. It may pay to check & see if there are any pregnancy markers or whatever on the broken sim.

Of course, I could be talking out of my arse here, but it might be beneficial to search in that direction.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 31, 09:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Floopyboo.  Although I don't have Inteen, I'll take a look in SimPE when I finish this playing session.  I did check on both Insim's reproductive adjuster and TJ's ACR adjuster - both say the only pregnant sim on the lot is Bianca (the one I want to be pregnant).

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 31, 10:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any of those that you listed. Very few hacks are non-MATY, and none of them mess with fitness with the possible exception of Squinge's objects.

Besides these, the only thing I have that involve fitness, is fitness4all, and skillinator. Oh, and I downloaded a TV that lets them workout autonomously, but I haven't put it on any lots yet.

The problem didn't start until Seasons was installed. And even though I use ACR, I've never used the morning after pill, so that didn't start my problem.

(Mine complains sometimes about fitness tracker, other times the skill tracker).
« Last Edit: 2007 May 31, 10:25:58 by magicmoon » Logged

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 31, 11:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MagicMoon, In the interests of finding a non-awesome hack that we have in common, I've attached a list of my downloads.  I excluded Pescado's & TJ's hacks, as they're awesome.  To keep the file short, I also left out hair recolours, makeup, glasses, and Dylan's Laverwinkle PT replacement.  I have no other skins (apart from the Laverwinkle PT skin) in my game.

There's only 40 of them as I don't tend to use a lot of hacks from elsewhere.

Let me know if you have anything on this list, and maybe we can track down the culprit.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 01, 22:07:13 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 31, 13:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(children turned teens who finally had the opportunity to train body)

children can train body, they can work out with the small radio (I don't remember about the stereos).

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 31, 13:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but that really drains them.  So if a lot doesn't have an education bookcase or body career reward then I wait until they are teens to train body (most of my lots don't have swimming pools either).

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 31, 21:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the ACR morning after pill doesn't always play well with other hacks, notably inteen. It may pay to check & see if there are any pregnancy markers or whatever on the broken sim.

I couldn't get the morning after pill to work with inSim and inTeen installed as well.

ACR does select a sim to be 'on top' in couch woohoo, but I'd guess that would only apply in a het pairing.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 31, 21:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took your list and removed everything that I don't have, so the list now contains just what we have in common. Unfortunately, none of them look suspect.

You should probably replace Wintermuteai1's Insanity hack with Pescado's wfsanity unless you have a good reason why you want that one instead. I've had some of his stuff cause problems in the past and when I report it, it goes unnoticed.

Also, take into consideration that the errors that we are having may not be identical nor caused by the same thing. I never got to see your error log, and mine has already been deleted. Besides, I find that if I don't use any of Squinge's autonomous items, I don't get the error, yet Squinge says it works for everyone else and can't reproduce it.

I'm playing the game right now to make notes of other things that aren't working quite right whether they throw an error or not. Then tonight (hopefully) I'll do a binary search and try to fix all the problems at once. I'll report what I find when I get done.

Right now I'm looking at an error that I haven't seen before. I don't understand it, but this part cracks me up:

Tree: id 583 name 'Brain - Remove Obj from Sim'

The Sim that threw the error was a Vampire, not a zombie, but I doubt it refers to that anyway since I've never seen a Sim's brain removed before.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 31, 22:17:21 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 01, 00:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took your list and removed everything that I don't have, so the list now contains just what we have in common. Unfortunately, none of them look suspect.

I can't see your list.  I was aware that some of my hacks are simply objects that are unlikely to cause problems (such as the replacement paintings).

You should probably replace Wintermuteai1's Insanity hack with Pescado's wfsanity unless you have a good reason why you want that one instead. I've had some of his stuff cause problems in the past and when I report it, it goes unnoticed.

They do completely different things.  The Insanity hack causes sims to go insane (haven't tried it yet, but apparently it's like when the therapist comes - sitting on the floor and going ga-ga).  It's an object you put on a lot.  Pescado's wfsanity makes the wants and fears saner.

I'm playing the game right now to make notes of other things that aren't working quite right whether they throw an error or not. Then tonight (hopefully) I'll do a binary search and try to fix all the problems at once. I'll report what I find when I get done.

Binary searches are so not-fun.  Good luck.  This particular neighbourhood is larger than I usually play (merged PV/ST/VV) so it will be a while before I get back to Bianca and Crystal to see if Crystal is still throwing this error.  I may have to do the move out/move into a fresh lot as Pescado said the fitness tracker wasn't present on the lot.  So maybe the lot somehow got glitched.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 01, 14:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see your list. 

Looks like Pescado thought that I posted the error log that I referred to, and then removed the link once he downloaded it.

Here it is: I'm not sure about the 2 question mark ones. What do they do? Also, before I got Seasons, I read in a thread somewhere that 'Windkeeper's Fire Alarm clocks' were causing some problem in people's games. I don't remember what the problem was, and couldn't find the thread again, so I kept them in the game and told myself to watch for problems. I just don't know what I'm watching for. Tongue

By the way, I haven't done the binary search yet. Procrastination is my friend.

CEP
Atavera_FloorBlanket_V2_1.package
Inge's TeleporterShrubPlus.package
Inge's DaysLeftShrub.package
Inge's StayThingsShrub.package
InSim
Jfade's djsjuicertweaks.package
Jfade's djspetenabledglsobjects.package
? Jordi's garagedoorfix.package
? Jordi's live package
Monique's Child Support Mod
Monique's Computer
Roddyaleixo's invisible driveway
Squinge's DateCounter.package
Squinge's AnyLTWforallaspirations.package
Targas_Ascension_Squared.package
Targas_Ascension_V2.package
Targas_Ascension_Elevator.package
Windkeeper's Mailbox (as modified by Pescado)
Windkeeper's Fire Alarm clocks

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 01, 16:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Garage door fix stops sims using the garage door to leave or enter the garage.  Only vehicles can use the garage door.

Live.package is a list of alternate names for game generated non-playable sims.  The Pets version includes alternate pet names.

Both of these mods are at MTS2.

I haven't used Windkeeper's clocks in a while.  I left them in my downloads folder because I had used them in some lots, but those lots and neighbourhoods are long gone now.  I got them when they were on free rotation a long time ago.  I've hesitated to delete them in case I decide I want to use them again, since all of Windkeeper's stuff on TSR is now pay.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 01, 21:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used Windkeeper's clocks in a while.  I left them in my downloads folder because I had used them in some lots, but those lots and neighbourhoods are long gone now.  I got them when they were on free rotation a long time ago.  I've hesitated to delete them in case I decide I want to use them again, since all of Windkeeper's stuff on TSR is now pay.

Unless she updated them, the Windkeeper clocks got borked as of Pets (I believe that's the EP that added real wall clocks), and throw an error every day.  If memory serves, it's at midnight, though it might be at the 6pm 'day change'.

In any case, they're always available at PSMD. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 02, 00:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine haven't thrown any errors. I always play with testingcheats enabled and almost every residential lot has one in the kitchen. But I haven't any idea whether the clocks keep time correctly or not. They are really too far away for me to see those types of minute details. If I want to know the time, I look at the control panel.

Maybe I downloaded them after they were already updated. I also picked them up on a free rotation.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: