More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 11:21:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Botched Tricou Family Resurrection
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Botched Tricou Family Resurrection  (Read 3778 times)
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Botched Tricou Family Resurrection
« on: 2007 May 12, 19:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently resurrected the Tricou family after reading a rather interesting topic in Retardoland.  Everything was peachy-keen until it I tried to patch up the marriage of one of the couples.  I was prepared for the weird family relationship problems (that causes the once-married couple to only be able to romance each other up to a certain point) and I bought a batch of Love Potion #8.5 to allow the sim couple to reclaim their love and get married.  The couple in question is the blonde woman and her husband- the teenage girl's parents, whatever their names are.

Anyway, the potion didn't work.  Or, it only worked up to a certain point.  They now have the Make Out and WooHoo options and they are in love and engaged, but the can't get married.  Actually, the woman can propose marriage to the man, but not the other way around, and whenever she does propose, he jumps out of the interaction.  I turned on debug mode and got some error having to do with the target being an object (?) so I reset it and tried again... same thing happened.  The wife/not wife now has four memories of getting married, though her husband/not husband has none, and they are not officially married on the relationship panel.

What did I do wrong? I've asked on other forums, but all I get is "use the love potion stuff", and I did already.  One person told me to try the set pregnancy relations option on the mailbox using debug mode, but then that caused them to disappear from each other's relationship panels totally!  Please help a poor, stupid n00b fix her game.  If you want it I will attach the error message, if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to do that, or to point me in the direction of some instructions.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Botched Tricou Family Resurrection
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 12, 20:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes when you have a lot of death/resurrections the previous relationships aren't properly broken (Pescado has something that helps with this, but I don't think it works with the already dead). It might be that the male (Kiernan? I think that's the one) thinks he's still married to Nylissit (the dead one) and/or still sees himself as related to her so can't get married to the living one. If that's the case (might not be, don't know for sure) you'll need to break the ties - you could do that in simPE or with Insim or in debug mode, I'd imagine (I don't think Insim will do anything it's *not* possible to do with the testing cheats - I just dunno where to find all of them.)

Hope that helps a bit. The Tricous are tons of fun. In their most recent incarnation in my game, Jon Smith was a serial killer, black widower style. The others are his original family (rather than the women he married for their money and insurance benefits, the mothers of all those townie teens) and he didn't want them to know what kind of a person he really is.

PS: Instructions for adding error logs are in the faq stickied at the top of the podium.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 12, 21:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With premade Maxis sims, they're simply kinda FUBAR. Don't resurrect premade dead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 13, 00:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I solved this once by getting them engaged with InSIM. After that they could get married.

Fail.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 13, 01:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha!  Thanks for your help.  Cheesy  Insim did the trick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: