More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:37:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sunair Hair
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sunair Hair  (Read 5338 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Sunair Hair
« on: 2006 November 27, 18:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have Sunair's hairs properly binned with the unecessary toddler/child/teen duplicate hairs removed? And they're willing to share them with me?

I recently grabbed them from PMBD, and I really like them, but I've been having difficulty binning them properly with Theo's tool. For some reason, the wrong toddler/child/teen hairs are *still* in, and the elder hair is turning up as brown instead of white/grey. It's getting very frustrating since I don't know enough about this stuff to know what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do to get it right. :}

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Sunair Hair
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 27, 19:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make sure you unchecked the ages properly?

At one stage I had done them all, but as time has progressed I've deleted most of them, so there's probably only around 3-4 that are still in game that I could send you.

I don't know enough to tell you what's going wrong, just that I've done those very same hairs and not had any problems at all...  so something somewhere must be messed up.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 27, 23:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] the wrong toddler/child/teen hairs are *still* in, and the elder hair is turning up as brown instead of white/grey

Try turning on the "Remove unchecked recolors" option, as it appears that leaving them in the package may sometimes cause problems  in the output.
You can see an example here: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1333068#post1333068 , I think that is what you're referring to.

And when the texture doesn't appear, or a wrong color is displayed instead, you can try to turn off the Texture compression option, at the expense of a bloated package file. Tongue

Hope this helps.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 28, 01:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give that a try. Thanks Theo.

mkir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 28, 12:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot of Sunair's hair, properly binned and ages removed (did them by hand, not with the binning tool). I can send them when I get home.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 30, 11:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot of Sunair's hair, properly binned and ages removed (did them by hand, not with the binning tool). I can send them when I get home.

I'd like those too - I binned all her hairs (that I have) ages ago but I'm too lazy - no too bored and irritated by the prospect - of sorting out hair files again.  I binned all my hairs a year ago and sorted out elder hairs and children's hairs to match properly (I didn't know about removing ages then) and swore I would never do it again.  I only dl properly binned hairs now which have been properly worked through all ages - or all ages that are present.  I do not accept black-haired children for blonde adults, I do not accept ignored elders. 

God, that experience soured me.

Inteen for AL, yay!
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 30, 19:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, could I get those too? Once upon a time, I'd binned them. Then I had to reinstall, and like the idiot I am, forgot to backup my downloads folder, and everything was deleted. All that work binning hair, down the drain. Sigh.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 30, 22:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i like her hairs, but are they animated? i don't like hairs that don't move when they should.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 01, 08:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some are, some aren't.

There's one particular one that is very nice and animated, and two that aren't but still look kind of ok, and I think they are the only ones that stayed in my game.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 16, 10:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can i get them too?

Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 16, 16:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, pretty please?
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!