More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 16:17:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who the hell do you think you are?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who the hell do you think you are?  (Read 23581 times)
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Who the hell do you think you are?
« on: 2005 November 09, 23:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so send me off to Retardo Land, but I generally stick to new replies or posts so perhaps I'm way off base posting this here but I'd really like to see a hack that limits visitor autonomy and I have never come across one.
Building my case for retardo land, I still haven't installed the EPs, so if this exists, I would appreciate being pointed and laughed at and directed to such.

In a nutshell, visitors are driving me bonkers.
In a perfect sim world, visitors would follow whoever home and be good houseguests.
They would not head straight to the chess board, pool, computer, a meal that was not served to them, turn on a stereo, remove an exhausted baby or toddler from a crib, insult a family member they haven't been introduced to etc. I would like them to just stand there, or sit in the closest seat until interacted with by a family member. The only autonomy I would allow them if I knew how to do so myself would be the toilet, a visitor enabled shower, socials with the Sim they followed, or perhaps a family member if they've previously met.
If possible, I would also like anybody from child up to say goodbye.

I've attempted to enforce manners using Inge's doors (do not permit visitors) but I would like to have their host able to invite them to join anything in another room without having to raise walls and change door settings.

I can't be the only person who would appreciate such a thing can I?  Is this even possible? If not, at least I ranted, thanks for bearing with me.

Returning to my obnoxious guest filled Sim home and gritting my teeth so as not to kill anyone for their audacity,

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
Re: Who the hell do you think you are?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 10, 00:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!
I have to agree with you here....sim guests are so rude! They always make a B-Line for the electronics or tvs and they'll completely ignore you if you have anything fun that they can get to. I try to avoid buying electronic games and musical instruments for that exact matter...Kind of sad, really, because the instruments are fun normally.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 10, 00:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if something like that would be possible unless there is a way to assign the "outing" or "dates" behavior feature in Nightlife to all the Sims that are not controllable wherever they are.  The problem is that it would need to take effect only in Sim houses not on community lot, you don't want every townie to do the exact same thing you do on those lots, well that would freak me out lol.  And it would have to exclude when a Sim goes to the bathroom of course.

Well you did your request, let's see if this is possible now...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 10, 01:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if something like that would be possible unless there is a way to assign the "outing" or "dates" behavior feature in Nightlife to all the Sims that are not controllable wherever they are.  The problem is that it would need to take effect only in Sim houses not on community lot, you don't want every townie to do the exact same thing you do on those lots, well that would freak me out lol.  And it would have to exclude when a Sim goes to the bathroom of course.

Well you did your request, let's see if this is possible now...

I for one would love to see a hack that would sto the annoying behavior from guests especially when it comes to them  messing witth my babies and  toddlers and eating food meant for my resident sims. I had a baby in one of my houses with a soiled diaper the sim parent went to change the Bay and couldnt because the guest wouldnt put the baby in its crib and move. meanwhile  flies started buzzing around the baby. I finally had the sim who was dumb enough to bring this guest home  say goodbye so my sim parent could care for the baby.I also found another way to circumvent the guests from getting to the cribs. in my house with 19 residents living in it  three of the residents are Babies and toddlers so I have 2 adult sims that live there having a pillow fight in front of the cribs. I also would love a hack for nightlife that sims can cook for more than six residents.the way it is now to feed 16 children and adults  at the same time I have to have 3 stoves and three refrigerators so enough food  can be prepared for the entire family.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 10, 01:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I typically keep all of the good stuff locked behind closed doors using Ige's doors at http://www.simlogical.com/index.htm.
It is possible to lock the back door, basement (if you have one), game room, etc. and keep nosey guests out.

DJS http://www.djssims.com/ also has some nice 'no autonomy' instruments (among other things) that help keep visitors from helping themselves so much.

Instant gratification takes too long.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 10, 01:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a cranky when visitors do their own thing with instruments and such, but the one thing that does really annoy the hell out of me is when a meal is served and even if clicking on the 'call to meal' - household only, the visitors end up hogging the food and the one of the hungry householders has to go and serve yet another meal!!

If their was a fix for this, then I would be on the way to being a little more tolerant of visitors!!  Angry

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 10, 01:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a baby in one of my houses with a soiled diaper the sim parent went to change the Bay and couldnt because the guest wouldnt put the baby in its crib and move. meanwhile  flies started buzzing around the baby. I finally had the sim who was dumb enough to bring this guest home  say goodbye so my sim parent could care for the baby.

I find that the "shoo" option works very well in terms of getting uncontrollable sims to stop doing most things. And also, if they're holding a baby, if you interact w/ the uncontrollable sim instead of queueing up an action w/ the baby, they'll drop the baby to interact w/ you, whereupon you can cancel the interaction and focus on the baby.

But yes, a more intelligent hack for this would be awesome.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 10, 01:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think alot of the reasons behind this behavior is hardcoded with the whole advertising business where each of the items is fighting for the sims attention and lying to them making them think all their needs will be fullfilled if they use it. Tongue

There are hacks that make certain ones less desirable (myshuno, pinball etc) but then they just go to something else.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 10, 01:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think alot of the reasons behind this behavior is hardcoded with the whole advertising business where each of the items is fighting for the sims attention and lying to them making them think all their needs will be fullfilled if they use it. Tongue

There are hacks that make certain ones less desirable (myshuno, pinball etc) but then they just go to something else.
exactly but I finally decided not to put up with bathroom loitering and put into use Pescado's toilet paper roll in all 8 bathrooms I must say that works wonders in ahouse with 19 sims and assorted guests .I would love a hack that makes visitors not use stuff that belongs to the family .i put in a pool table for my family and who should run to it a visitor  another one was checking himself out in the bathroom  a visitor that is so in went thetoilet paper of pescado's  it  threw him out of the bathroom.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 10, 01:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you've hit a nerve, here!
I've had to resort to making all my guests selectable. I don't want to do this, but I want my sims to have a pool table in their house, and that's exactly what the guests go for, first. I've had to build fences with lockable gates around a stage I set up outside just so my sims could have their little band. I have the no buskers hack, but I use all custom instruments that aren't affected by that. I have Inge's apartment system set up for extra security.  And, yes, the food thing is the icing on the cake. There should be an "invite to join" option for meals, or something. I hate having to have all these mazes and locks and invisible fences and security systems just to keep the guests in line. I would LOVE for my guests to learn some manners.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 10, 01:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merola's Mind Control Mirror is good for this. You can make the visiting sim selectable for just long enough to see their motives and get them away from an annoying object, and then they carry on as normal autonomous visitors.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 10, 01:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and then go right back to the pool table, the little sneaks. Cheesy
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 10, 02:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, seing all your posts make me wonder about one thing though... why do you keep those visitors on the lots if you find them all so annoying?  You could just say goodbye to them the minute they are brought back from work or school.  Well that is what I do when I planned other things to do for my Sims.

I sure hope you are not referring to the one's you invited on purpose to your house since what do you expect they do, sit on the couch and look at the walls for 4 hours so your other Sims would have time to do their stuff  Tongue

However, I do agree that they tend to use the most playful items all the time and one thing that drives me nuts is when I am working with a new family which don't have a lot of fun items, they sit in front of the tv and turn it on and off every 2 seconds!  That does drive me nuts! Also seing them play the guitar for 6 hours straight when I invited them over is a bit too much for me, I just want to break the damn guitar on their heads Grin .  But guests wants to have some fun and I don't mind they get it by themselves if they don't exagerate.

I find it normal if I invite a Sim at home that it will join the family to eat, if I don't want them to eat with the rest of the family I simply say goodbye to them before the meal is serve.  I can always call them back later and invite them over or simply talk to them if I want to make friend with them.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 10, 02:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so annoying when you place one of your Sims way up on the third floor to play one of the computers in one of the bedrooms to have a damn visitor immediately upon arrival make their way up there and complain to me that they can't play that computer because your Sim is playing it. I mean come on, they just bypassed at least 3 other unoccupied computers (and probably more expensive ones) on their way up there, but nooooo, they want to play that  with that one. Ugh!

I have the same problems with the bathrooms too, I get so angry at them that I  use the cheat "move objects on" and delete them. I found that technique pretty much solves  all my visitor problems  for me Grin

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 10, 02:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also would love a hack for nightlife that sims can cook for more than six residents.the way it is now to feed 16 children and adults  at the same time I have to have 3 stoves and three refrigerators so enough food  can be prepared for the entire family.

I use the smartserver mod from Dizzy2.  It cooks as many meals as there are hungry Sims (discounting the non-hungry ones).  It also cooks for visitors, so there is enough to go round.  It 16 meals are needed, 16 will be cooked.  If 3 are needed, 3 will be cooked.  Wouldn't be without it now.  Even children can cook meals for the entire household, although they can't serve them so will just leave them for everyone to help themselves.  Sims won't autonomously cook only for themselves, they will always cook for everyone, but you can instruct them manually to just cook the one meal if you want to.

You can get it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70736

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 10, 02:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What annoys the hell out of me is when they spend an hour watching TV, then when their host is busy cooking a meal they suddenly decide that now is the moment to play kicky bag with them!

Unless I want the guests, I'm afraid I zap them the minute they act anti-socially!  And I have the hack which means that kids and teens have to ask permission to bring a friend home after school!

Zephyr Zodiac
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 10, 02:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, thank you for the links, radiophonic...I'll certainly be checking those out
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 10, 02:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also would love a hack for nightlife that sims can cook for more than six residents.the way it is now to feed 16 children and adults  at the same time I have to have 3 stoves and three refrigerators so enough food  can be prepared for the entire family.

I use the smartserver mod from Dizzy2.  It cooks as many meals as there are hungry Sims (discounting the non-hungry ones).  It also cooks for visitors, so there is enough to go round.  It 16 meals are needed, 16 will be cooked.  If 3 are needed, 3 will be cooked.  Wouldn't be without it now.  Even children can cook meals for the entire household, although they can't serve them so will just leave them for everyone to help themselves.  Sims won't autonomously cook only for themselves, they will always cook for everyone, but you can instruct them manually to just cook the one meal if you want to.

You can get it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70736
Thanks I downloaded it and installed it

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 10, 02:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also Carrigon's pizza-oven which has kids cooking pizzas like there's no tomorrow!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 10, 02:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good, things should be much easier now. My sims have only one stove to cook for all 23, because of that hack.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 10, 03:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good, things should be much easier now. My sims have only one stove to cook for all 23, because of that hack.
I hope so.Pescado's bathroom uses you  works wonders in Justins house it booted a loitering guest out out of 8 bathrooms he had to loiter in the bathroom I was sending Justin too. so Installed the toilet paper roll and all of a sudden I see one visitor come flying out of the bathroom like his feet were on fire Grin Justin got to the bathroom and I see a toilet paper Icon show up in his Qeue and under it in a circle I see the toilet so I skimmed over it and the toilet paper roll had given Justin orders to use the toilet. ithen gave him an order to take a shower when his hygiene was maxed it booted him out of the Bathroom

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 10, 03:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I do with guests is I macro socialize them till I'm done with them and then I have them go home.  I also give them a motive boost cause they usually arrive pretty low on their motives.  But I believe meal time is for the family only maybe a boy or girl friend now and again.  But guests are gone by mealtime.  The socializer is great cause you don't have to babysit them just check in once in a while.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 10, 03:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find that toilet roll hack? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry, couldn't resist   Cheesy
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 10, 03:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

It's called "bathroom uses you"
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 10, 03:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find that toilet roll hack? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry, couldn't resist   Cheesy
it is called bathroom uses you .its in the hack directory here at MATY By JM Pescado

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: