More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 14:04:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bodyshop hangs upon closing when I delete too much content
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop hangs upon closing when I delete too much content  (Read 10208 times)
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
Bodyshop hangs upon closing when I delete too much content
« on: 2005 November 09, 20:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem...
Whenever I do a bunch of deleting of custom content, my Bodyshop hangs upon closing, sometimes never to get to the point of shutting down.  I've left it for hours and it's eating up 50 percent of my cpu, yet it never closes.  I am a little worried to force quit since I attribute some mysterious data loss to having force quitted while having this issue.  Does anyone else have this problem?  And can someone suggest a solution, or just some kind words of commiseration?  Wink
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Bodyshop hangs upon closing when I delete too much content
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 09, 20:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The longer bodyshop is open, the longer it takes to close. I think its just the way bodyshop is written, and I'm pretty sure its an universal issue, and has been an issue since bodyshop from b4 the game came out. I usually just force quit. I haven't had any problems as of yet.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 09, 20:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it delete faster than in-game?  Or at least more efficiently?  I've only opened it one time.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 09, 20:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually just delete in-game, and make a note of what it is so I can delete my back-ups as well - not so easy with recolours, but works for meshes I find aren't working well.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 09, 20:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think that's just the way bodyshop works. It takes forever to close. I usually shut it down in the task manager, but I know that's not a good thing to do.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 09, 20:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive had problems with Bodyshop since I first downloaded it, so I just don't use it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 09, 20:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it as infrequently as I can. I dread doing anything that requires bodyshop because it eats up so much time!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 09, 20:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit, if I can't make the face I want in CAS, then I just accept what I can manage.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 09, 20:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I admit the same...
The only time I'll go make a sim in CAS is if I'm going for a particular look that I know I can't achieve with CAS, or if I've already got bodyshop open because I'm doing a recolor, or something. I think "Well, might as well make some sims!"
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 09, 21:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH, okay...Glad to know it isn't just me, though I wouldn't wish the evil hang upon anyone. Smiley
As for the question as to whether Bodyshop deletion is faster than in game, I'd say absolutely YES...Even though Bodyshop is a pain to deal with, the process of deleting custom content is loads faster than the game.  I can't stomach deleting even one item in game as, for me, it seems to take forever. 
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 09, 22:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to give it a try then.  Sometime when I have lots of time to wait for it to load.  I didn't know it took so long, and kept pressing the button... patience is not one of my virtues.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 09, 22:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH, okay...Glad to know it isn't just me, though I wouldn't wish the evil hang upon anyone. Smiley
As for the question as to whether Bodyshop deletion is faster than in game, I'd say absolutely YES...Even though Bodyshop is a pain to deal with, the process of deleting custom content is loads faster than the game.  I can't stomach deleting even one item in game as, for me, it seems to take forever. 

I've counted, and whereas ingame it takes at least 5 seconds to delete an item, w/ bodyshop it takes about 1 second, at most 2. Now, 3-4 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, but when you've got tons of stuff to delete, it all adds up. And on top of that, it just sucks waiting for the thing to delete.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 09, 22:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the endless scrolling back to page 37 where you deleted the last thing?  That irks me no end.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 09, 22:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't that supposed to be fixed with the new patch? The endless scrolling thing, I mean.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 09, 22:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, the endless scrolling has not been fixed....I hate that so much, especially with hair when I have to first click the custom content button and without fail lose my place! LOL
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 09, 22:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhhhhhh greeeeaaaaaaat.
Stupid, non-fixed scrolling issue. Grrr.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 09, 22:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn!  that was the one thing that was making me consider installing the patch!  I've been leery because the first patch screwed up my game so bad.  oh well
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 09, 22:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never had this problem, but, if it would have happen...ummm...how about Restart the computer to shut it down?
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 09, 22:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is slightly Off-topic, but since we're on the subject of Bodyshop....I've been doing a deep cleansing of my downloads folder...and suddenly realized that Bodyshop is recognizing clothing and all other files in subfolders....Is this something new that has been addressed in the patch? I know that never happened before in my game...
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 09, 23:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is slightly Off-topic, but since we're on the subject of Bodyshop....I've been doing a deep cleansing of my downloads folder...and suddenly realized that Bodyshop is recognizing clothing and all other files in subfolders....Is this something new that has been addressed in the patch? I know that never happened before in my game...

I think this is a new NL feature. Which I wish they'd have implemented MUCH sooner, cuz my non-object CC folder is already a mess, and pretty much impossible to clean up by now.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 09, 23:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've been assured, but let me add that I have never had Body Shop close on it's own, regardless of time spent in it.
I can load it up, change my mind and ask it politely to close, go have a shower, make dinner, come back and still have to use task manager to force it off.
I've never noticed any negative consequences to doing so, but it's slow still and annoying so I limit it to occasional purges of really obviously bad clothing.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 10, 00:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zeljka,
It's usually not too bad if I'm creating, but the more I delete, the longer it takes to close....Sometimes it takes hours, but it does close eventually (usually)...THen there are times when I will shut it down before bed and leave my computer running just to shut down the program, and when I wake up and check it, it's still open ....those are the only times I ever do a force quit, because by that time I know it isn't going to close on it's own.
I'm wondering if it has to do with the whole cigen package being rebuilt which makes the shutdown take so long. I'm not sure about that, though, and I have no clue as to why it will actually freeze up and decide not to shutdown...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 10, 01:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it just be faulty programming?  I've noticed it occasionally too with SimPE, when I've had the new version open for a short while, then closed it, given it time to shut down, checked with ctrl/alt/del that it has stopped using memory etc., then loaded the Classic version (which I find easier to use for some things) and then had an awful job closing it!

I actually find, for me, the best way to delete anything (except those annoying flashing blue things!) is to note what I want to get rid of, go to the folder which contains it after I've closed the game, then having found the offending item I do a complete search through both drives to get rid of every copy I have - why waste disk space on back-ups of something I'm taking out of my game?  It takes time, but at least I know I've got every single copy of it!  And clearing the recycle bin with window washer takes no time at all!

Zephyr Zodiac
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 10, 02:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, ZephyrZodiac...that sounds like a great idea...
THen I'd get all of the meshes as well, and those are starting to pile up for me...It's likely that I'm not using many of them since I am constantly deleting files....
Very good idea, although not quite as convenient as clicking on the icons...will give that a try for things that I simply want no traces of anymore.
Thanks!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 10, 02:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some skins can use a lot of space, and objects like beds too, so if you're like me with loads of back-ups, it amounts to a lot of wasted space!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: