More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 21:16:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Starting Over with CC.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Starting Over with CC.  (Read 8128 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Starting Over with CC.
« on: 2007 February 26, 12:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After losing all my CC in the tragic reformat of 2007, I am finally starting over. I know you must all think I am so brave to go on after such a loss. I have been downloading like mad from death to paysites. Now that I have them all downloaded, I have no clue which sites actually have great content lol.

My tastes are simple, elegant, High quality images I won't use blurry clothing or fudged makeup. Previously I used Lyrans makeup but I can't seem to find her site now. I like a natural makeup. A little flash but nothing dramatic. Also I NEED MALE CLOTHING. My guy sims are barren

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Starting Over with CC.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 26, 14:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyran.

Some (not all) of the featured artists at TSR have great stuff, you need to visit their pages to see what they have on offer Wink Male clothing? I got most of mine from TSR, Sims2Luxe MTS2  and Mermaid Cove. To tell you the truth I don't have that much male clothing in-game. Most of my sims end up wearing jeans and jumper combos of various different colours.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 26, 14:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best male clothing I've seen is from Fanseelamb over at MTS2.

I recently cleaned up my clothing and got rid of everything that didn't have a corresponding fat mesh, those items that didn't match up at the shoulder seams (there were a lot of those!), and stuff with other problems. When I got done, almost all of the clothing I have left for males is by Fanseelamb.

Plus I like the way the clothing is done. Shirts are longer and pant waists are lower, so it looks much more realistic. How many males do you know who wear their belts on their actual waist unless they are old?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 26, 15:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out Nectere's site, Laden Swallow.  They keep lists of places to find CC and they have some of their own that they post!!  Wonderful Stuff!! Cheesy The link is in her sig.  Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 26, 16:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus I like the way the clothing is done. Shirts are longer and pant waists are lower, so it looks much more realistic. How many males do you know who wear their belts on their actual waist unless they are old?
I do not consider this fashion trend to be a good or sensible thing. At this rate, in a few years, belts will be worn around the knees.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 26, 17:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hnote, although it is impossible to navigate, and parsimonious for those slightly more "interesting" guys. There was another site Sim2guys? something like that, but I can't find it anymore.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 26, 19:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not consider this fashion trend to be a good or sensible thing. At this rate, in a few years, belts will be worn around the knees.

Some of them already do. I just want to give those baggy pants a yank and watch the little twerps fall on their faces. Roll Eyes

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 26, 19:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amen, sister!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 26, 20:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't talking about those stupid "falling off my body" pants that the kids wear. It's just that most men wear their belt lines a little below the waist, just above the hips, not at the actual waist.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 27, 07:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How could anyone seriously think that was attractive?

Anyway back to the original question. Most of my male clothing is from simchic. I have a subscription there that I took out ages ago and can't be bothered to cancel because it's only £2 a month. They don't have a lot though and you probably already got it from death to paysites anyway! They also have good makeup, as does rosesims (although you have to trawl through some crap to find the good stuff and it's pretty hit and miss). Yesterday I downloaded a lot of nice makeup from Dylan, but I can't find the link now! Anyone know it?
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 27, 07:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I downloaded a lot of nice makeup from Dylan, but I can't find the link now! Anyone know it?

That would be us. Link's in my sig. And thanks!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 27, 11:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out Nectere's site, Laden Swallow.  They keep lists of places to find CC and they have some of their own that they post!!  Wonderful Stuff!! Cheesy The link is in her sig.  Cheesy

Actually, I didn't see it in her sig.  Or maybe she's not posting with a sig any more?  Anyhoo, could someone post the link?

What I'm really aching for is *reviews*, like actual critical ones!  While I love PMBD, I like to keep a tightly edited dl folder and often what looks great in pictures doesn't work well in game.  Like everyone else, I love everything HolySimoly because their objects have great textures, colour, and are mostly well-proportioned.  In fact, even their suite of wall and floor colours make a harmonious backdrop to all of their objects too. There aren't any strange animations when sims actually use their objects either.

Back to clothing, I find SimChic hit-and-miss.  Their styles are contemporary if a bit elaborate, but sometimes I'll get a blurry item, or strange clipping issues with very full skirted gowns.  Oops, we were talking about male clothes, weren't we?  Cheesy

Fanseelamb has very consistent quality.  He/she(?) takes care with seams and necklines.  The styles aren't particularly inspired but if you like the look of it, it will play well in your game.

I'm curious about aikea guinea at TSR, I haven't had a chance to try anything yet.  Does it play as nice as it looks in the pics?
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 27, 14:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious about aikea guinea at TSR, I haven't had a chance to try anything yet.  Does it play as nice as it looks in the pics?

Yes, it all looks awesome in the game. I love her stuff.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 28, 06:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as far as a critical review goes I'm not too good because I just tend to look at whether stuff is pretty on the pictures and it only gets deleted from my game if there is something majorly wrong with it.

At Parasimonous however the clothing doesn't tend to look very realistic. I recently deleted most of mine from there because I had much better stuff. Also Peggy has beautiful hairs and a lot of them are really nice but one or two don't play well in the game because from the back they have weird black edges (or maybe that's just my graphics card, althhough it doesn't have an issue with anything else). I put up with it because I love the hairs from the front but that's one to be selective about if you're looking for only perfect quality. Seomi Sims has a few nice hairs that I use all the time too and I've never had any problems with those.

Um I think that's about it, I would have mentioned how great everything from HolySimoly is but you already did that Cheesy I find the majority of SimChic's object sets are good quality too so if you're looking for objects that's a good site.
jinx
Asinine Airhead

What You Looking At?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 28, 07:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope nectere doesn't mind  Grin the link is http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=1c120ca6eeea8541ed54f32f28198fcd&
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 28, 09:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wear my belt at my chest sometimes.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 28, 15:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, found the following at another forum discussing problems with flashing blue CC in Seasons.    No idea if it is valid since I won't have EP5 till tomorrow.

1. Move everything out of your My Docs\EA\Sims\Downloads folder.
2. Delete the Downloads folder
3. Start BodyShop.
4. Close BodyShop
5. Move everything back to the new Downloads folder

Worked for me, but if you saved your game while the custom content was
flashing you'll have some messed up textures and you'll need to replace
those items.
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 28, 15:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently dumped all cc on my laptop and started over from scratch. (I keep the important stuff on the desktop.  The Laptop is for testing and general screwing around.)  Most of my male sims wear stuff from Hnote   http://hnote.net/clothing.htm  SOme of the stuff is a little strange but most of it is nice.  I also get a lot of male clothes from All About Style.  They have some nice elder clothes as well.

My bf wears his belt around his waist.  He is a dork though so maybe that is not a very good example.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 28, 17:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was another site Sim2guys? something like that, but I can't find it anymore.

http://www.simguys.net

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: