More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:41:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Permanent Contractions?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Permanent Contractions?  (Read 3960 times)
GRaziel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Permanent Contractions?
« on: 2009 July 13, 10:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. Been a lurker in here a long time, never had anything to say so, I kept quiet. If I get a problem I try to fix it myself first. But! I have a problem that will not go away, so now I speak. 

I killed my pregnant sim at the last stages of pregnancy, hours from dropping. Got her tombstone and all that, she started haunting it was all normal. But on the second day of ghosthood she started acting out all the actions for giving birth. When I clicked on the ghost I had the option to take her to hospital. So I took her to hospital, father and all, they are in there for a very long time, time she gets stuck, thankfully dad could leave but then the hospital has a permanent ghosty sound every time my Sim passes it.

So I try to fix this. I resurrect her, gets her out of the hospital but I only have the option to take her back to the hospital. I think, she might go on to have the baby, so I take her. She gets stuck again, so this time I Reset her with the consol. It did not work; the only way I could get her out was to edit the hospital lot. It gets her out.

But here is the problem. Resetting her doesn't work. She is now perpetually groaning and yelping about to give birth, has been for three weeks in game. I got fed up so just left her, the others in the house going about their business around her, manually tweaking her status bars to keep her alive. I know if I take her to hospital, which is the only option I have clicking on her, she will get stuck again. I even tried to turn her into a kid with Awesome mod but it only hangs the game. I do not want to kill her off completely, if I cannot unpreg her I'll have to turn her into an art exhibit, stick her on a plinth in the park or something, give her a use. 

Any suggestions how I can unstuck the pregnant sim?

I'll shut up now...             
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Permanent Contractions?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 13, 11:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry mate, but that's really funny. How you coped with her carrying on for three weeks just kills me.  Cheesy

I hope you manage to sort it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 13, 11:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C-sect? Tongue.

More seriously, you might try moving her out in a lot on her own (or merge her with a non played household) and see if the fact the game hasn't to play all the show will eventually get her baby out. Check the newspaper the next days.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
GRaziel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 13, 11:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yer, it is funny, killed me for the first in game week... the funnies have lost it's amuse now. 

I forgot to add, I did move her out to a trusted Neighbour who would look after her. She's still stuck. (Though I do have that house on Sacred, might have to turn that off) But, she's in the hallway of the house yelping, waving she is hungry, looking at her watch and stuff. Had the dad visit the house, she passed out on the floor once or twice, even tried to play tag with her. (Have not tried to attack her yet)

I'll turn off the Sacred on the house, see what happens. Thanks, Marhis.     
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 13, 13:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you can try to put her into editsim, save, then go to CAS to make a new clone of her.  If that clone is not bugged, then delete the bugged one and use the debug commands to set the relationships back on the clone.
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 13, 13:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you can try to put her into editsim, save, then go to CAS to make a new clone of her.  If that clone is not bugged, then delete the bugged one and use the debug commands to set the relationships back on the clone.
Last time I checked, editsim on a pregnant woman = brainfreeze. My advice would be to put her on a stand in the art gallery and call it "Performance Art".
GRaziel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 13, 14:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I said, I tried to turn her into a kid in Edit Sim, but the game freezes. Triggered age transition. Might do that again, make her older, who knows. But thanks for the suggestion, Heinel. I'll try move out her, put her into the library, move her back in, see if that works.

If not, I think I will make her permanent "Performance Art"       
GRaziel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 13, 23:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Narr...nothing I have done is working. I moved her out, back in, moved her to another town, packaged her then put her back into game. She's just messed up.

She is now going on a pillar in the park, or back in the grave.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: