More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:35:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  All of my gems, rocks, bugs, etc are gone.....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: All of my gems, rocks, bugs, etc are gone.....  (Read 5452 times)
spudgrl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
All of my gems, rocks, bugs, etc are gone.....
« on: 2009 July 09, 00:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, they just dissapeared. I have no cutom content in the game right now. I did when I first installed and it worked fine. Then I noticed a few days ago that when I used the collection finder it only found the fish. So I took out any custom content and tried again, same thing. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, and same thing, no seeds, no rocks/gems, no bugs etc. Im at a loss. I have been looking thru the forum and I havent seen anyone with the same issue. I figured an uninstall would fix this, makes no sense why its still missing. Nothing has changed on my PC, it runs sims 3 fine, video card works fine. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this happen?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: All of my gems, rocks, bugs, etc are gone.....
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 09, 06:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this a new instance of a neighborhood? It usually takes 24-48 hours for collectibles to spawn, while fish are present immediately.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jweslake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 09, 08:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but when you go to your Sim's inventory and you click on the collector helper thinger, you can set it to what you want it to show? Honestly, I haven't had the game long and have only had two Sims get the collector helper reward thinger, but I swear I set one Sim's to only show seeds, and unless I changed it after that it only showed seeds. However, I could be wrong.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 09, 08:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right. You have to set it to the item of preference.
spudgrl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 10, 00:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I tried setting it for each thing, and nothing. Also the neighborhood was new but it had been over 24 hours and nothing. But Im going to try it one more time and see if for some reason its takeing longer then24 to 48 hours. Thanks for everyones input. I will let you all know what happens.
jweslake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 13, 10:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did a Sim in the active household die, and did that Sim have a collector? I bet when another Sim died his/her inventory was emptied into another Sim's. When this happens, the living Sim can't use the collector helper, because they didn't buy the ability. Check if your Sim even has the ability or not. If not sell it. I think its worth over 4,000.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 13, 10:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did a Sim in the active household die, and did that Sim have a collector? I bet when another Sim died his/her inventory was emptied into another Sim's. When this happens, the living Sim can't use the collector helper, because they didn't buy the ability. Check if your Sim even has the ability or not. If not sell it. I think its worth over 4,000.

Hmnm I have a family with 4 collector helpers, none of them belonging to the bearer, all inherited, and they work normally.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 13, 17:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Jwestlake's on the bad crack. Collection helpers are just another inventory item. You can pass them around from sim to sim. They always work. Also, the problem the OP had was from starting a fresh 'hood and not giving the spawn points a chance to actually spawn.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jweslake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 14, 23:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't explain it but my collector helpers only work if they belong to the Sim who is holding them. If they transfer out of my Sims inventory they won't work with another Sim. Are they supposed to work with any Sim?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 15, 10:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're supposed to work with any sim. If they don't work when transferred, have you tried actually turning them ON?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: