More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 01:26:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  punk free zone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: punk free zone  (Read 8257 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
punk free zone
« on: 2006 December 01, 17:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm the kind of Sims fan who likes to create a neighborhood, delete all characters, and play only those characters who I've created either in CAS or their offspring.  Since each neighborhood requires a certain number of sims created by the game, I use the antiredundancy hack to keep them to a minimum.  Unfortunately for me, my game seems to be very partial to spawning new sims with that crappy mohawk or that one for women that looks like her toupe got all twisted.   Does anyone know of a way for me to stop the game from spawning new sims who don't have these and/or a few more of the stupider haircuts that the game has cursed us with?

ps- I don't mind having the option of creating a sim by myself who has a mohawk, I just don't want spawned sims to have them.

bonus request: I'm also looking for a mod that stops the game from ever producing male maids... something about them gives me the creeps.

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: punk free zone
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 01, 17:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bonus request: I'm also looking for a mod that stops the game from ever producing male maids... something about them gives me the creeps.

lol. is it because they're... kindy gay Jelenedra? Grin I don't know which is more offensive, that you find them creepy, or that Maxis EA stereotypes male maids as being somewhat effeminate. Roll Eyes hehe. I'm not really offended tho. hehe. if anything, i find it more amusing rather.

anyhew. you could take a look at jordi and monique (I think it was?) morague and their hide maxis type stuff hacks. they have hide funky/fugly clothes, hats, and other weird outfit type hacks. maybe if they are nice enough, they would be willing to make a hide funky/fugly haircuts mod for you. i think they hide them from CAS and it also prevents them from being used by townies and what not. you should still be able to choose them yourself in CAS, but only if you have debug mode on. at least, i think that's how they work.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 December 03, 05:07:11 by syberspunk » Logged

slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 01, 17:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol. is it because they're... kindy gay Jelenedra? Grin I don't know which is more offensive, that you find them creepy, or that Maxis EA stereotypes male maids as being somewhat effeminate. Roll Eyes hehe. I'm not really offended tho. hehe. if anything, i find it more amusing rather.
If anything it's the gloves... those rubber gloves with the sleeves rolled way up.  There's something entirely too "excuse me sir, we heard you make some suspicious comments back there at the metal detector... can you please step into this little room for a moment" meets "now this is a new surgical procedure, but it's shows a lot of promise in Canada and Europe" about it.  And it doesn't help that their frilly shirts remind me of that crappy shirt I bought in Tijuana when I was six either.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 01, 21:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a male maid replacement in a tuxedo (for the butler look) that I use.  They don't look nearly as gay as the original.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 01, 22:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds neat, Gwill.  Do you remember where it came from (the butler outfit)?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 01, 22:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No self-respecting gay man would go around looking like that creepy male maid.  Shocked I don't think he looks gay at all, just weird.  LOL

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 01, 22:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The male maids always make me think of the movie the Birdcage with Robin Williams in it, well anyways there is a guy in it that is basically the male maid/wanta be dancer in it that kimda reminds me of the male maid LOL.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 02, 02:59:12 by The~Simmer » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 01, 23:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe. I love the Birdcage!!! One of my favorite movies. Nathan Lane and Robin Williams are awesome! Gene Hackman in drag! How fucking hilarious! And ZOMG, it's Calista Flockheart like pre-Ally McBeal. Hehe. And Dan Futterman as the son, it's so funny cuz he plays a somewhat effeminate kinda gay boyfriend to Charlotte on Sex and the City. Grin

Oh, and the male houseboy you are thinkin of is wonderfully played and played up Cheesy by Hank Azaria as Agador Spartacus. Hehehe. My favorite part of the movie is when he is cleaning the pool in those short shorts and singin "CHe Works Hard for the Money" Hehe. I also love when he wears those men's shoes and trips all over himself cuz he is only used to walking around in barefeet or heels. Wink

And yeah, the male maids are kinda mostly just weird, but in that cartoony, exaggerated, effeminate, kinda gay way. I actually think it's kind of interesting. On the one hand, it is almost accepting to even have such characters built into the game, on the other hand, if you're all uptight and politically correct, I can see how it might be an offensive stereotype. I'm pretty sure when I checked tho, I think that first (I am totally blanking and forgetting his name) starts of homosexual right out of the box.

Anyhew, there's probably a way to hack the template somehow so that maids are only one sex. I mean, there are plenty of NPC types that are always only one sex. Like cheerleaders are always female, and mascots are always male. I'd love to have an actual male cheerleader in a cheerleaderish type outfit for males rather than the fugly cow and llama mascot outfits. Heh. I think social workers and nannies are always female. Are repairmen(persons?) always male? I don't remember. It probably isn't that hard to do. I dunno if anyone here specifically would care enough to make the hack, but you could probably request it from Squinge since he makes anything and everything under the sun. Smiley

Ste

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 01, 23:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds neat, Gwill.  Do you remember where it came from (the butler outfit)?
I made it.  I'm using the smoking mesh from the Glamour Pack and custom textures.

* REPLACEMENTr_Male_Maid.rar (232.26 KB - downloaded 148 times.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 01, 23:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are repairmen(persons?) always male? I don't remember.
My repairmen have always been women.

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 02, 00:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made it.  I'm using the smoking mesh from the Glamour Pack and custom textures.
Thanks so much!  I assume I just install the files in Downloads.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 02, 03:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh! I hate the way Stuff Packs work, and I refuse to install any of them. Could you please do one using a regular tuxedo mesh? Pretty please?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 02, 07:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's easy to force the maids to all be of one sex, but who DOESN'T want a fruitily-dressed, questionably homosexual man walking around?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 02, 09:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a way for me to stop the game from spawning new sims who don't have these and/or a few more of the stupider haircuts that the game has cursed us with?

Yes, there are several patches/hacks (whatever you want to call them) available at MTS2 which will hide the stupid clothes (gorilla outfits, stupid Xmas hats etc.) and on one of those threads is a link to another one which explains how to do it.  The hiders I have are made by Jordi and BitzyBus but I think it was one of the Jordi threads that had the link to the instructions.  Does that help?  Well, if I wasn't going out now, I'd look it up for you.  I'm sure Motoki did something on this too.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 02, 10:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh! I hate the way Stuff Packs work, and I refuse to install any of them. Could you please do one using a regular tuxedo mesh? Pretty please?

I seem to remember that Simsbaby has a good tuxedo mesh.  I'll see if I can convert it for that later.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 02, 11:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here, I made a version using Simsbaby's mesh: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=179569  No special stuff or EPs required.

The full version contains three replacement textures, because the original male maid outfit comes in three colours (for some strange reason).  I've kept the original colours on the shoes, gloves and bowtie.
The light version uses Simsbaby's texture, exactly as is; therefore no gloves, but very, very small file.

Thanks so much!  I assume I just install the files in Downloads.
Yes.  And just delete it to uninstall.  I've marked it as a replacement in big bold letters, so they're easy to spot.

* REPLACEMENT_Male_Maid.rar (269.53 KB - downloaded 152 times.)
* REPLACEMENT_light_Male_Maid.rar (4.48 KB - downloaded 155 times.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 02, 11:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should probably start a Fat Gwilly Thread for this seperately in Peasantry.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 02, 15:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to split and move it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 02, 15:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to split and move it.
No, you really ought to start a new thread and move it there yourself, since I can't really tell where this tangent got started. Lazy Fat Gwilly People.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 02, 15:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyhew. you could take a look at jordi and monique (I think it was?) and their hide maxis type stuff hacks. they have hide funky/fugly clothes, hats, and other weird outfit type hacks. maybe if they are nice enough, they would be willing to make a hide funky/fugly haircuts mod for you. i think they hide them from CAS and it also prevents them from being used by townies and what not. you should still be able to choose them yourself in CAS, but only if you have debug mode on. at least, i think that's how they work.

Morague is the other one. I've added a hider for the mohawk to this thread.

Hiding is simple: figure out the internal name (mohawk = afhairmohawk_blond, amhairmohawk_black etc.) and then open the property set in \TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package
Add 1 to the Flag, and the hairstyle or outfit is gone. Usually the Flag is 0x00000000 or 0x00000008 so you make it 0x00000001 or 0x00000009. Hats tend to be 0x0000000A so they become 0x0000000B.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 02, 15:20:19 by Jordi » Logged
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 02, 20:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've added a hider for the mohawk to this thread.
Thanks, yo!

Hiding is simple: figure out the internal name (mohawk = afhairmohawk_blond, amhairmohawk_black etc.) and then open the property set in \TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package
Add 1 to the Flag, and the hairstyle or outfit is gone. Usually the Flag is 0x00000000 or 0x00000008 so you make it 0x00000001 or 0x00000009. Hats tend to be 0x0000000A so they become 0x0000000B.
And thanks again!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: