More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 09:14:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More Maxis "Morality"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Maxis "Morality"  (Read 15582 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
More Maxis "Morality"
« on: 2006 November 15, 12:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a game that is remarkably loose in some ways - think about the lifetime goals of romance sims - it's a PIA in others.

The Pleasant twins have switched partners in my game.  So I have badass Lilith with the Broke punk, and goodytwoshoes Angel with Dirk the budding preppy.  After they all graduated, I set their formalwear to wedding attire because that was next.  To amuse myself, I had the cleancut couple woohooing in the car every chance I got, while the punky kids were saving it for marriage.  Well, Angela got pregnant before the wedding, and when I had them get married, she wore a dress that I had never seen before.  A dark purple dress.

I had set her to wedding dress before she got pregnant.  Apparently a pregant sim won't wear a white dress as formalwear.  (It was the silvery spangled one, so it wasn't even a "wedding" dress.  Sheesh.)  WTF?

*sigh*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: More Maxis "Morality"
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 15, 12:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The white dress, assuming you actually planned it, lacks a pregmorph so the game will pick another outfit instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 15, 12:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of them?  It wasn't even the "real" wedding dress with the gloves, it was just a whitish one.  I don't often use the "real" wedding dress, but I do like light colored ones for weddings.

Silly of them, I think.  Lots of people irl get married after the woman gets knocked up.  And they DO parade down the aisle eight months pregnant in a big fluffy white dress...
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 15, 13:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it has nothing to do with morale. Some dresses just dont work with pregnant sims.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 15, 13:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before which ever EP (NL?) made it so you could select the type of outfit for the wedding, I had pregnant sims wearing the default wedding dress when they were married under the arch.  Maybe I had a glitch and didn't realize it.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 15, 14:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before which ever EP (NL?) made it so you could select the type of outfit for the wedding, I had pregnant sims wearing the default wedding dress when they were married under the arch.  Maybe I had a glitch and didn't realize it.

If you did then I have the same glitch. The default EA wedding gown has a third trimester mesh. Now if only the breeding bride could still go with her shiny new husband on their honeymoon..

sigh...

BTW, NL still uses defaults. It was a later EP (that I don't yet have) that changed that parameter, OfB, I presume. Unless it was a stuff pack.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 15, 15:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since OFB sims just wear their normal formal wear during weddings.  If they are pregnant, they'll use one of the maxis formal dresses that have a pregnant morph.  The clothes are picked randomly, not based on the sims sexual history.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 15, 15:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the standard (pre-OfB) white wedding dress works with pregnant sims too, it's the maternity formal dress that is different: the game pre-select maternity dresswear automatically, and ignore your setting, in everyday, formal, swimwear as well as undies.
Unless of course you use a specific hack, you can't choose what dress they will wear.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
LilAbner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 15, 15:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I still get the ugly default wedding clothes, and I have OFB. I haven't had any formal weddings for a long time, but a couple of weeks ago I had two in just a couple of days. And both weddings used the default clothes...  Huh
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 15, 15:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have OFB and Pets and my Sims wear the formalwear I've picked (or that the game has assigned, poor Valerie and the Mrs Claus dress) for their weddings.

I vaguely remember another thread about it being caused by a non-awesome hack, but I just got up... Will add the link if I find it.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 15, 21:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh...is there even a way for the game to differentiate between dress colors? Roll Eyes

But no, pregnant sims will get married fine in a white dress...

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 15, 22:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very pretty wedding pictures, idtaminger!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 15, 22:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beautiful dress! Your slumping groom makes him look a little depressed, though.  Cheesy

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 15, 22:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks exactly like the kind of man I would forbid my daughter from marrying. If I had one, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 15, 22:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the old maxis wedding dress.
Well, not actually the dress itself, but I miss the destinction between a wedding dress and just formal wear.
Does anyone know if anyone has made a hack to get it back?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 15, 22:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WEll  consider yourself lucky my poor bride her groom wore a Santa Claus suit to the ceremony.  Tongue

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 15, 22:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WEll  consider yourself lucky my poor bride her groom wore a Santa Claus suit to the ceremony.  Tongue

You need this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=202398
And similar hiders.  Keeps the game from generating townies with idiotic outfits.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 15, 23:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if anyone has made a hack to get it back?
I have one from VariousSimmers, it is called Wedding_Outfits.package ... sorry, I don´t have a link

Rose
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 15, 23:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the groom George McCarthy, by the way?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 16, 00:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very pretty wedding pictures, idtaminger!
Thanks! All my sims have these grand affairs when they get married. I have sooo many pics of sim weddings, and pretty much none of anything else, lol. What can I say? I like nice weddings. Cheesy

Some more piccies! These are my Capp Sims getting married on their estate:

And Juliet getting married into the Montys:

These killed me b/c I did them all in a row right after the kids got out of Uni. The weddings are always a pain in the ass to set up.

Beautiful dress! Your slumping groom makes him look a little depressed, though.  Cheesy

Ahh, I didn't have Twojeff's lazy animation fix back when I took this. Thank goodness for 2jeffs!

That looks exactly like the kind of man I would forbid my daughter from marrying. If I had one, anyway.

I was gonna say...YOU have a daughter? Lol.

Isn't the groom George McCarthy, by the way?
Yep. He was my very first townie groom, in fact.  Tongue
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 16, 15:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Idtaminger, how do you get the brides to walk up the aisle like that?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 16, 15:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured she got them to stand at the end of the aisle and forced the guests to sit down.  Then the groom clicked on the wedding arch and she walked down the aisle...
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 16, 16:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess my paranoid delusion has been pretty much busted.  It just irks me that I can never get decent wedding pics. *grimaces*  I have no patience with Maxis maternity clothes, but it's not really important enough to me to hack it.  My computer is wimpy.

Logically, I can't see how the game would differentiate between potential wedding wear and normal formalwear.  But this game can be just plain strange.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 16, 17:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Logically, I can't see how the game would differentiate between potential wedding wear and normal formalwear.  But this game can be just plain strange.

Uh...it doesn't. As of OFB formal wear and wedding wear are one and the same. Before they get married you have to plan formal wear to a wedding dress of your choosing. And Squinge has a hack that allows your pregnant sims to wear their normal planned outfits. You don't have to hack anything. Just d/l this: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7238
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 16, 19:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh...it doesn't. As of OFB formal wear and wedding wear are one and the same. Before they get married you have to plan formal wear to a wedding dress of your choosing. And Squinge has a hack that allows your pregnant sims to wear their normal planned outfits. You don't have to hack anything. Just d/l this: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7238

*sigh*  Yes, I know.  I DO realize that I was being paranoid delusional about my game not allowing preg sims to wear white dresses.  It was merely a coincidence.  I concede, already.

And perhaps I should have corrected my grammar and said that I it wasn't important enough to me to use a hack - either Squinge's or anyone else's - because I try to limit the size of my download folder.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: