More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 18:22:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Driveway Issues in Takemizu Village
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Driveway Issues in Takemizu Village  (Read 2952 times)
lord_corleon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Driveway Issues in Takemizu Village
« on: 2009 May 11, 05:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I purchased a vacation lot for my romance sim in Takemizu Village (Green Thicket Manor), and because I wanted the option to WooHoo in a car, I decided to make a driveway and put in a vehicle.  I took my sim on a date, everything went fine.  Then I drove my sim into the marketplace, took a walking tour, the bus showed up took my guy and disappeared.  When the tour was finished I put my guy back in the car and returned to Green Thicket.  BUt when Green Thicket loads up, my sim and the car is missing, and this error message pops up "A vehicle is trying to return to this lot, but there is no driveway available.  You must first put down a driveway."  Both buy and build buttons are grayed out so I can't put down a driveway to replace the one I already put there.  When I look at the map of Takemizu Village, I see the Green Thicket Manor is there - with a wall right over the driveway.

Anyway, I'm trying various options, but I just want to know if anyone had come across this sitch before and if so, is there any solution besides just nuking the whole thing and starting afresh. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Driveway Issues in Takemizu Village
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 11, 05:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled false will enable buy/build again. You can then try to modify the lot to fix the problem. It is probably not recommended to attempt to drive around on vacation neighborhoods.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lord_corleon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 11, 05:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.

What happened after I typed in that boolprop command was rather interesting.  Moving the driveway enabled the car to show up but no one got out and I still had the stupid driveway error message.  So I added another driveway in the original spot, and my character drives up in a different colored version of the same car and gets out.

The problem seems to be solved, but that was just too weird.  Needless to say, I learned my lesson.  No cars or driveways on vacation.  Walking's healthier anyway.  Smiley 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 11, 06:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can use cars for woohoo, but don't drive them anywhere. Not only is it slow and awkward, because for some odd reason, sims refuse to get in the car until the driver has been seated, and walking is faster, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: