More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 18:51:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two Issues: M&G Female Hair + Apartment Doors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Issues: M&G Female Hair + Apartment Doors  (Read 2837 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Two Issues: M&G Female Hair + Apartment Doors
« on: 2009 February 18, 18:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to not bloat the forum with multiple posts from myself I thought I would mention these two problems together. They are however unrelated.

First off, isn't anybody else bugged by the lack of animation on the new M&G female hairs?
Namely:
cfhairlongbangsEP9
tfhairlongbangsEP9
afhairlongbangsEP9
tfhairaline
afhairaline
tfhairdreadsband

I attempted to fix them myself but only made matters worse by seemingly removing everything apart from the scalp which sank into the Sims' head. o_O The long hair styles are all assigned to the head and neck joints and I was lead to believe that long hair should be assigned to the head and spine2.

Is anyone willing to animate them cos I phail? I've zipped and attached the GMDCs below.

The second issue is with how apartment doors are visually treated when lived in by an NPC. For some reason it would seem that the door mat is classed as being inside and so fades to black even though it is clearly outside the apartment. What's the point in having different mat designs if you can't see them? Here's a pic:

The doors both have the same designed mat. As you can see I am extremely anal about small details like this, especially if you've seen my previous posts. I'm assuming to fix this issue it would be like my post about the windows that light on the wrong side in that the object needs editing at the mesh/naming level. Anyone willing to fix this stuff? I really feel I should offer something other than thanks but the only other thing I'm good at is drawing. I'm rambling now so I'll stop.

* MGHair.zip (272.88 KB - downloaded 164 times.)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Two Issues: M&G Female Hair + Apartment Doors
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 18, 22:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure you can fix this without disabling the ability to change the mat design. Because you cannot edit objects outside an apartment, and objects inside an apartment fade.
If you could somehow write an exception for apartment doors, you might be able to get it to work.

As for non-animated hairs, just don't use them.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 19, 14:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the outside of the door doesn't fade. Couldn't the game be told that the mat is on the same side as the door side that doesn't fade?
I like the designs of the new hairs.  Undecided
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 19, 14:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the Piggis Sims invisible doormat recolours to see if you can get rid of the black shadow? I don't play apartments that have townie neighbours so I haven't a clue if it would work.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: