More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 21:43:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Grim Reaper
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Grim Reaper  (Read 23725 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Grim Reaper
« Reply #50 on: 2006 August 03, 02:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my game the babies are born as babies.  Grin
Yes, but yours have huge blank-eyed stares, mine at least show the beginning of a respectable scowl.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 August 03, 03:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every parent is entitled to their delusions about their children.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 August 03, 18:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but yours have huge blank-eyed stares, mine at least show the beginning of a respectable scowl.

Ahem:

Baby #2, Byron Bliss:

Anita Bliss:

Grin

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 August 03, 18:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Geez, that last one looks like a huge blue spider is on her hand.  I think I'd be grossed out too!  Cheesy
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 August 03, 20:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The children of Ignorant Bliss and Huh JM? Poor Ignorant Bliss.

What is that blue spider icky thing?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 August 03, 21:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's something from the Surgery Dummy Medical career reward.  But it does look strange that close up, doesn't it?
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 August 03, 23:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, surgical dummy parts! Now that makes sense.

Yep, absolutely a gross-out.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 August 03, 23:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, no. IgnorantBliss and Twojeffs.   Smiley

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 August 04, 00:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: grimpregnation

JM may be right as far as DNA (skin, hair and eye color) goes, but for the facial structure, it's definately not self-pregnation.  The offspring always have the default face.  Same for the remote control car.

re: My pollination technician hack

I don't have NL or OfB, which is why I haven't done anything with it.  I did get a lot of posts that indicated that it did work with NL.  The major issue people reported was that the pollination technician did not show up in the family tree, but this seems to be a new feature in NightLife to make it so that alien babies can have relations without it being incest (which I think my hack solves in a better way).  Alien abduction is so rare though that I can't see why that's important unless you're cheating to get lots of aliens.  It's possible that my hack interferes with that feature though, as a few people have said that the family tree relation didn't get disrupted.

If somebody would like to take over maintenance of the hack, be my guest.  It's actually very simple - just a couple objects (clones of PT with new DNA and face data), and an override of one global BHAV.  It's not written that well because I didn't have a good reference for simantics at the time.

Speaking of my hacks - if anybody wants to take over my ultra-gnome, be my guest.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 August 04, 02:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, no. IgnorantBliss and Twojeffs.   Smiley

Errr....the kids have a bad scrowl.

Go Away
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 August 04, 03:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hence my confusion. Sorry, TwoJeffs, I didn't mean to assume they weren't yours. It's much better this way, I'm sure.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 August 04, 03:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's just the expression on their faces, not the way they are made, unlike Sim Pescado's kids.
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 August 04, 06:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yeah.

Byron in a better mood (and different hair):

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 August 04, 07:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, he's cute!!! 
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 August 04, 16:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Byron's very cute in that pic. He has cute jammies, too.

diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 August 05, 07:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Reaper has no genetic data, so the result will be treated as self-pollination.

Genetic data comes from somewhere, though, because my only reaper kid isn't a clone of his mother.  His mother's a CAS redhead with custom skin and eyes.  The kid shows her skin and eyecolour but has black hair and recessive genes for light blue eyes (that strangely he had as a baby) and the second skin tone.  But his facial structure is very similar to his mother's.
fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 August 05, 16:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're right diamonde.  The Grim Reaper does not have a SDNA entry in the neighborhood, but he DOES have an "Age Data" entry in objects.package which describes hair, skin and eye color and is the same sort of thing you'd find in a regular saved bodyshop template.  The same is true of Pollination Technician (no SDNA, but there is an Age Data entry in objects.package).  In fact, my poli-tech hack consists mostly of bodyshop templates with a few things added.  Obviously Polli Tech does pass on his genes just fine.  If you have "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in your userstartup.cheat, you can use the SimDNA cheat on Grim Reaper or Hula Zombie or any of the other special NPCs if they are on your lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 August 05, 17:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You call that a scowl, Hegelian? Those just look petulant. Mine, on the other hand, look ANGRY. So angry that Queen from the old #rentech channel nicknamed it "Angry Baby". I sold an angry baby clone to Reggikko...ask Reggikko about my angry babies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: