More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 22:56:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's Up With The Fish?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's Up With The Fish?  (Read 13234 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: What's Up With The Fish?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 14, 02:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have deleted and replaced all fishtanks and still no fish.  Everything else about the tank works fine but no fish.

Forgive me for asking, but did you stock the tank after you purchased it?

The one tank I do have works fine, but as I regularly forget to feed the darn things and wind up starving them to death, I have to restock it quite regularly.

anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 14, 02:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin...thats why i can't be arsed having them
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 14, 03:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have deleted and replaced all fishtanks and still no fish.  Everything else about the tank works fine but no fish.

Forgive me for asking, but did you stock the tank after you purchased it?

The one tank I do have works fine, but as I regularly forget to feed the darn things and wind up starving them to death, I have to restock it quite regularly.

oh yes, i continually restock and even my sims will autonomously restock, feed and watch the fish (or invisible fish  Grin).

Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 14, 15:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fish dissappered when I installed OFB. They diplayed fine before that. I tried taking out all of my hacks, still no fish. I installed a new video card yesterday (went from a 64MB nVidia GeForce 5200 FX to a 256MB ATI Radeon 9600 Pro). The fish now show again. The invisible fish are a video card issue. Somewhere in the code for video detail, the fish were flagged as requiring a better video card than I had before. It might be fixable, but you'll need to find a talented modder with a weak video card.

(Note: this is just my observation and opinion, it's likely completely wrong. Never believe anything you read on the internet -- not even this.)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 14, 23:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dearie me, I've never looked, for all I know the maid will have been cleaning an empty fishtank for generations.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 15, 01:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hitch, I have an FX5200 but I can see the fish. Perhaps it's because I've altered my graphics rules to kid the game into thinking I have a much better video card, so that I can use the pixel shading and bumpmapping.
higginsmemberships
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 15, 11:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I installed OFB the the game seems to decide what quality the textures will be depending on amount of people on lot, size of lot and amount of furnishings (there are probably more). In my game I have all graphics options on high except: 'reflections' are off, objects on a different floor to the one you are on are set to being invisible and the 'smoother/rougher edges' slider is disabled (my graphics card doesn't support it). I noticed that when I put some of the graphics settings to low the textures go back to normal. So maybe the game is also deciding whether fish are visible or not in this same way? I suppose it would be the option for 'Graphic Effects' that would effect this?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: