More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 13:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unfillable wants
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unfillable wants  (Read 3356 times)
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Unfillable wants
« on: 2006 March 08, 20:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim had a want to promote one of his employees to management.  The want was worth 2500 asp, 0 influence.  He promoted her, but didn't get the points, and the want didn't scroll.

This was a community business, by the way.

Anyone else ever have this problem?  I had another unfillable want (same Sim, same lot) but can't remember what it was  Sad

Maybe I just need to bulldoze and start over?  Pretty easy, considering that it's Malcolm Landgraab.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Unfillable wants
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 08, 20:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing Malcom and he had a want to make a sale to a particular sim.  So I had him make a Basic Sales pitch.  Later the sim bought the object, and Malcom even rung them up, but didn't get the want fulfilled.  I don't know if that's a glitch or something I just didn't do right.  I'll have to look in the Prima Guide to see how to fulfill that want.  I'll keep an eye out on his wants too.

Just coincidence but it works.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 08, 20:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like some of the wants may be iffy.  Don't know how to solve it but if your after your reward you can turn on boolprop and ctrl click the want, that'll make it be completed and you gain influence, points ect.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 08, 20:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing Malcom and he had a want to make a sale to a particular sim.  So I had him make a Basic Sales pitch.  Later the sim bought the object, and Malcom even rung them up, but didn't get the want fulfilled.  I don't know if that's a glitch or something I just didn't do right.  I'll have to look in the Prima Guide to see how to fulfill that want.  I'll keep an eye out on his wants too.

As far as I have noticed, the Sell something want on a specific sim, means you have to sales ->one of the options, and fill their buy bar, so they boy the item as a result of your sales pitch. Just doing a basic sell, and then wandering off, without the bar filling, wont fill the want.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 08, 20:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that might be it.  I hadn't tried it yet since I stopped playing Malcom and then new sim I'm playing hasn't gotten that want yet.

Just coincidence but it works.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 08, 20:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the Soak in Hot Tub want would never fire in NL, either. They'd sit there in it forever and the want would never go. I wonder if that got fixed...
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 08, 20:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the Soak in Hot Tub want would never fire in NL, either. They'd sit there in it forever and the want would never go. I wonder if that got fixed...

It always forfilled for me.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 08, 21:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I have noticed, the Sell something want on a specific sim, means you have to sales ->one of the options, and fill their buy bar, so they boy the item as a result of your sales pitch. Just doing a basic sell, and then wandering off, without the bar filling, wont fill the want.

Yep. That's the way it works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: