More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 05:37:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hotel doors are ded!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hotel doors are ded!  (Read 3683 times)
teca
Asinine Airhead

Carefull, i bite!

View Profile
Hotel doors are ded!
« on: 2007 November 26, 11:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi to you all! When i first got bon voyage everything worked fine ( i was one of the lucky ones) now probably due to some downloads (that i just love to do) it's all messed up. When i arrive into an hotel there is no possible interaction with the doors of the rooms so i can't check in; i can't walk to any other lot or call a cab, nothing. I'm stuck in the hotel, with no room and when i end the vacation no cab picks me up and the sim just stands there looking stupid, then an error message appears and after i do "reset" it just appears over and over again, so no more vacation for my sims Sad . If somebody has a clue about what could be doing this i would love the help. Thank you all!

I'm confused! Will you help me?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Hotel doors are ded!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 26, 14:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since you think it's related to one (or more) of your DLs, you could always move out your DL folder to confirm and if your hunch is correct, go into tedium mode and start your treasure hunt. 

Or, post an error log (see FAQ) and maybe one of the kind MATY souls will interpret it for you.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 26, 16:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is likely attributable to what Pescado calls "tight pants" or the work of the non-awesome.  In more clear terms, you likely have a non-compatible hack, or an old non-BV-updated hack in there somewhere.

If you know approximately when the problem started, you can, for example, take out all the hacks/mods installed since the last time you remember a holiday working properly (if that was in September, remove all hacks you installed since September, if you can recall what those are.

Otherwise, it's time to play "remove  and test".  Alternatively, you can google and download the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (available at Simwardrobe, I believe) and see if that helps narrow things down.  If you have Twojeffs Visitor Controller, you might start by removing that - old versions of that have been known to cause BV holiday problems.

Tribulatio proxima est
nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 26, 16:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or, the lousy hotel template themselves Tongue .

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
teca
Asinine Airhead

Carefull, i bite!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 27, 12:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when i installed bon voyage i took everything in my downloads folder out. Then i put all non-hack things in and i waited for the updates of my hacks, wich are not a lot ,just 10, before posting i took them all out and it still didn't work so it must be one of my non-hack download, and those are really a lot, but i will try to find out wich one is! Thank you all very much!

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 27, 16:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when i installed bon voyage i took everything in my downloads folder out. Then i put all non-hack things in and i waited for the updates of my hacks, wich are not a lot ,just 10, before posting i took them all out and it still didn't work so it must be one of my non-hack download, and those are really a lot, but i will try to find out wich one is! Thank you all very much!
For your convenience, I have bolded areas where you could improve.

Post an error log, let's see if we can't save you some time tracking the problem down.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
teca
Asinine Airhead

Carefull, i bite!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 28, 23:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you venusy but there will be no need for that, it was an hack actually, i misplaced it, i don't know whom it was from but what it does is to enable build and buy modes in all lots. I have been using it for so long that i just forgot it was an hack, i just thought it came with the game, it should, but well that's another story. Sorry for all your trouble but many thanks to you all

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: