More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 16:31:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife and Twins
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife and Twins  (Read 31415 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Nightlife and Twins
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 12, 20:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issy, do you have or use simpe? You might be better trying to clone your sims rather than passing playable sims with memories. That might corrupt other people's games. There are tutorials on cloning on the net I believe.

Once you have sims, you can put them on a tiny vacant lot and use the game itself to upload them to the sims exchange as a family, that'd probably be the easiest way.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 13, 00:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I'd say you really only need to upload one as they look identical to me.
Wouldn't it be easiest to use Sim Surgery in PE to clone one or both, then bodyshop to upload them? I've never uploaded anything, but I've cloned dozens in PE. I use Pe Classic. Open it up, choose Plugins\NeighbourhoodBrowser\Sim Surgery\Double click the Sim you want and choose Export. I usually name it ___SimName so I can easily find it.

I've had 3 sets of 'natural twins' the first was boy-girl, the other two, both in Email homes (yes, worst time ever) one set by abduction (again, worst time ever) other the regular way, but were at least all boys.
I've only had one time where I got identicals, it was a set of triplets, boy, girl, girl, the girls were identical. (too ugly to post)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 13, 05:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never actually used Simpe, been meaning to download it but I'm just paranoid I'll ruin the game somehow.

I know I should just do it and learn it, as it seems inevitable in order to do certain things.

Thanks for suggestions and input witch and Zeljka Smiley

*Skips off merrily to blow up the game*  Wink

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 13, 05:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game they always run in spurts.  I'll go along for a long time with no twins, then all of a sudden two or three sets are born.  I think it just depends on the mood my game's in.  Tongue

Alien abductions have been really weird since I got NL, though.  In all the time between TS2's release and NL's release I had two natural alien abductions.  Since I got NL I've been playing basically two families and have had alien abductions in the first generation of both of them.  Now what was really weird, is that I had used a clone of the same house for both these families, although in different neighborhoods, and put the telescope in the exact same place on both porches.  I know it's sheer coincidence, but that's just too odd. LOL

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 13, 05:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never actually used Simpe, been meaning to download it but I'm just paranoid I'll ruin the game somehow.

I know I should just do it and learn it, as it seems inevitable in order to do certain things.

Thanks for suggestions and input witch and Zeljka Smiley

*Skips off merrily to blow up the game*  Wink

Well first off, DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE AT THE BBS!

Now that we've gotten that out of the way Wink I can tell you I've been using it without problem pretty much since it first came out, which wasn't too long after the game came out.

It does let you backup your neighborhood, but you can always make a backup copy of it yourself before you try running SimPE, that way no matter what happens you'll have a copy you can restore. Just copy the following directory (depending upon your neighborhood)

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001 = Pleasantview
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N002 = Strangetown
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N003 = Veronaville
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004 = Your First Custom Neighborhood (if applicable)
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004 = Your Second Custom Neighborhood (if applicable)
etc.

If you're extra paranoid, you can always burn the files onto a CD in case the computer blows up. Wink Then even in the absolute worst case scenario you can do a total reinstall of the game and copy your neighborhood directory back to that location and you're game will be exactly like you left it when you backed up all your files.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 13, 05:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE only really ever screwed up one of my neighborhoods one time and that was in the very, very early days, something like the very first or second release.  I'd tried tweaking a couple of infant sims' personalities and came up with some bizarre results.

It wasn't a problem, because I'd backed up the neighborhood beforehand, just in case.  I admit I don't back up often enough, but I do recommend it because in reality I think there's a much higher chance of the game developing its own problems than anything I can do with SimPE.  Wink

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 13, 06:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I backed up my game Motoki Smiley  I never go to the BBS, only went there once after I registered and that was about it really.  That place is downright scary!

Ok I managed to do as Zeljka said, took me awhile to find the sim surgery bit but after I selected the sim and chose "clone" I saved him to desktop.  Now he looks something like N005*numbers*.package.

Now my question is *drumroll* what do I do with it? I tried putting him into one of the other nieghbourhoods files but he still doesn't show up in bodyshop.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 13, 06:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He needs to be saved in the SavedSims folder which is in MyDocuments>EAGames>TheSims2>SavedSims

SimPE will try to save it there by default.  I generally name the file names myself instead of letting them go to numbers.  That way if I want to later delete a sim from there it's easy to find which one.  And although these sims show up fine in BodyShop you can't delete them from there.

Once it's in your SavedSims folder, you'll be able to find the sim in CAS under the, oh, what's it called--the place where you find pre-made sims!  LOL  Just make sure you have the correct gender selected, first. Smiley

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 13, 20:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Misty for the tip, it certainly worked.  My sim is pacakged and ready to go  Cheesy

Simpe is great, wish I downloaded and used it earlier!

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 14, 18:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Misty for the tip, it certainly worked.  My sim is pacakged and ready to go  Cheesy

Simpe is great, wish I downloaded and used it earlier!

It can be a little intimidating, but once you get it, you'll wonder how you played without it.
So where do we download this adorable young man/men of yours?

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 14, 20:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent it to virgali by email yesterday Zeljka.  I've never used the BBS for anything, actually I just checked my account there and it all seems complicated, couldn't even find the spot you use to upload anything  Huh

I'd be happy to send him to you by email if you're still interested  Smiley

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 14, 21:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definately still interested.

I sent you an IM with my e-mail address.
I've never uploaded to the BBS either, don't know how, guess I can't be bothered to learn as I don't have much worth uploading anyway.

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 14, 22:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Done Smiley

Btw how did you manage to get the sim to hold the child that way in you're avatar?

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 14, 22:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it was a bug I think.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 14, 22:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much!

Definately a bug.
My game crashed and when I returned, I quickly realized that none of the Sims who'd transitioned had 'stuck'.
The boy, who'd aged to child still appeared to be a child, but was still a toddler. Mildly amusing, I took him through one of each interaction (except change diaper, eww) before fixing him.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 15, 16:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prior to reinstalling (and hence, installing Nightlife), I'd never had twins before in over a year of play. I'm now wondering if NL has upped the odds, or if I've installed something by accident. I'm finding it... rather annoying.
[/quote]  That is probably the reason,  it has probably backed up.  You usually have spurts of twins,since you haven't had them before,you got a spurt.  I have had the usual amount of twins.  For some reason,in my game,Titania always has a set of twins.  This is the third time playing her and she had twin girls.  The other times it was boys.  I had another couple have twins but no one else.  About the same if not less than usual.  Cassandra usually has twins but I had her adopt this time around.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 15, 22:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ever had one set of twins pre-Nightlife, and I've not had any since Nightlife.  Not that I'm complaining, though.  I had two babies born at the same time (regular and alien), and it was a nightmare.  That demon alien child was horrible!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 27, 21:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I probably should of kept my mouth shut.  I have had an ungodly amount of twins recently in Pleasantview. Six sets.  The Uni is gunna be crowded this generation.  Not only has my odds of having twins dumped on me but the oopsie odds in the Inteen have gone haywire.  Dina has had 4 children in sucession(no twins) after the third child I put her on birth control and she oopsied again.  The same with Nina--three children in sucession thankfully her birth control seems to be working.  Brandi has six kids good thing she is only one day from elderhood.  I actually named Dina's son the same name of Brandi's son cause there has been so many children in between that I forgot I used that name already.  Geeze--make it stop!!!!  Dina and Brandi's children are sooo cute.  Dina is married to Michael Bachelor and all her children seem to have Michael's face so far.  He is so cute himself--much better looking than Dina.  Brandi is married to a classic CAS sim that I always put in my games and he basically is the male version of her so all her children are beautiful.  It will be exciting to see all the new faces even though it is hard right now.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 27, 22:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only twins I've had since installing NL have been the pre-programmed ones (Circe Beaker & Dina Caliente), I've had no normal ones at all, not even in my new Pleasantview.  Before NL I had 4 sets in 40 births, which equates exactly to the 10%.  I don't know if Inteen affects things, because it increases the odds of twins as the Sim gets older and most of mine have one pregnancy very early on, so whether Inteen is actually reducing the odds when they're at the start of their reproductive years, I don't know.  Twins are more likely for older women, but also more likely for teens - don't think Inteen allows for that, though.  I don't mind twins, except with Family Sims, because I usually allow them an extra child as they always ask for it, so when the first birth is twins it's sort of wasted unless I let them have a third child, which I'm reluctant to do. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Stefano
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 27, 22:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, actully. I have had at least seven sets of twins since I bought NL. One of those twins belongs to me, and Nina Caliente. And it took me from September 2004 til March 2005(Uni's release) to get seven sets. So yes, I did notice that.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 27, 23:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have inteens or any mod/hack that would increase the chance of twins and I also had more than enough of them since I install Nightlife.  I am still waiting for an answer as if Maxis change the probability of having them in Nightlife or not.

So many people complaint they did not have some, I would not be surprise if they change the odds.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 28, 00:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy! NECROMANCY!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 28, 03:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one case of twins ever. None since NL, but I don't consider that weird given the scarce amount before. Is the chance really 10%?

On the other hand, all chance-based things like that seem very rare in my game (one alien abduction ever, even with TwoJeff's "increased abduction" hack and no accidental pregnancy ever from his "Casual Romance", even though the chance is set at 10% in EVERY house!).

I understand that this is how odds work - some people have a 10% chance happen a lot, others never do - but I still wonder about it occasionally.

EDIT: typo fixed. I'm sleepy.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 28, 03:55:26 by resin » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 28, 03:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one case of twins ever. None since NL, but I don't consider that weird given the scarse amount before. Is the chance really 10%?

It's pretty much exactly the same for me.  I had one set of twins pre-NL (which was only a boolprop solution to fulfill a LTW for a Legacy Sim), and one since with my now-defunct E-mail family.  I have the twins/trips/quads hack, but I only use it to make sure I can only get one baby (although, I've only ever used Original  Tongue).
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 28, 09:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only twins I've had since installing NL have been the pre-programmed ones (Circe Beaker & Dina Caliente)

Dina is supposed to be pre-programmed for twins? The pregnancy she had in my game for Mortimer was single.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: