More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:08:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why is Ghost upset?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why is Ghost upset?  (Read 8260 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Why is Ghost upset?
« on: 2006 February 26, 03:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted awhile back about moving a grave once a sim returns home from university. I was able to have the sim move back to the old residence
put his grandmother's grave in his inventory and move him to another lot. Before moving the grandmother never haunted. Now the 1st night moving
into the new residence she came out with the thought bubble of the grave marker. Then she started to wave her arms, yell and do the furious stance.
What is wrong with her? Why is she upset all of a sudden?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Why is Ghost upset?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 26, 04:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you sell her bed?

Zephyr Zodiac
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 26, 04:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, that was my thought from just reading title...Maybe she is mad bc he grandson moved her to a lot she never lived on...The only time I saw a ghost get like that is when I sold their bed or when Mortimer and Bella got remarried Cornelia acted the same way until Bella moved out...Ghosts dont seem to like change so that could be it...

ISFJ
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 26, 04:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts don't like it when you move their tombstones.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 26, 04:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I moved the Monty urns when I moved the family to a more playable house, and not had any hauntings.

Zephyr Zodiac
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 26, 07:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. Why would they get upset about selling the bed, they can't use it anyway?
Anyway, no, I didn't sell her bed intentionally. When my sim moved it probably got sold with the rest of the belongings.
The next day she didn't haunt at all. Are the ghosts supposed to show up each night? I hope she is not corrupted
due to me putting her tombstone in the inventory.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 26, 10:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When sims die, they leave some sort of marker on a object, that object can be anything from a coffee maker to a tolet. That is the object that they used most in their life, and when get gets sold or stolen or turned into rubble they get mad.

I think I seriously butchered that, but that's how it seems to me. Smiley

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 26, 11:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved tombstones and urns that way with no problems.  Maybe if you can remember what sort of bed she had, you could get another one but I don't have a clue as to whether that would help.  If she does continue to haunt, and you'd rather she didn't get into the house, try making a foundation in the garden with no stairs up to it, paving it nicely, fencing it round and then putting the tombstone on it.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 26, 12:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's the item they used most in life that's used as a marker the bed makes sense, so maybe if the bed is sold the day before they die and for the last night of their life they sleep in a different bed, presumably they'd pick on something else that isn't likely to be sold, such as a toilet?  I remember reading somewhere how to locate this marker in SimPE and change it, but unfortunately I can't remember where or how, but I know it's possible.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 26, 17:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I said she haunts I didn't mean she haunts an object. She just appeared out from the grave walking around the outside of the lot. The lot is on a foundation so I don't think she can get in. Maybe she's just upset because she was moved?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 26, 17:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly.  Have you had your sim grieve for her?

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 26, 19:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's the item they used most in life that's used as a marker the bed makes sense, so maybe if the bed is sold the day before they die and for the last night of their life they sleep in a different bed, presumably they'd pick on something else that isn't likely to be sold, such as a toilet?  I remember reading somewhere how to locate this marker in SimPE and change it, but unfortunately I can't remember where or how, but I know it's possible.

Oooh, now I understand why most of my ghosts are P.O.'ed. And most of them have a bed thought bubble.  Undecided

Instant gratification takes too long.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 26, 19:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been working on figuring out ghost actions and why they do it. I'm starting to wonder if aspiration and personality effect how the sim will act after death. I notice knowledge sims seem to haunt the least after they die, but those popularity sims seems to come out every night and party.

I do know that enviroment around the tombstone has a effect on how often they haunt, and that dead sims can become attatched to a object that was bought after their death, so having a first generation ghost get pissed because his eight generation relative sold a bed that bought long after the dead sim passed on, is possible.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 26, 19:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder whether it would be possible to give ghosts a Grilled Cheese aspiration? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 27, 04:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darleen Dreamer's not happy about having a grandson.  At least that's what she seems to be telling me when she looks pissed off with a thought bubble of little Derek with a big red 'X' through it.

<insert witty comment here>
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 27, 06:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In principle, you're not supposed to move tombstones using the inventory, but rather by using the Move function (when you click on the tombstone). Using the inventory apparently causes problems, although I don't recall what they are at the moment.  Tongue

I've done this within a neighborhood, but I don't know if you can do it between a university neighborhood and it's main neighborhood. But its worth a try.   Smiley

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 27, 07:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure Derek's not in the bathroom when the ghost gets the red X?

And I already mentioned, I moved the Monty ghosts, no probs, Antonio then resurrected Claudio, again no probs.  Remaining Capp tombstones were also moved when I relocated old Capp, and - no more haunting!

Zephyr Zodiac
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 27, 18:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly.  Have you had your sim grieve for her?

Yeah I did. Is that supposed to really do anything? They just weep or get upset for about 2seconds then go about their business.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 27, 18:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they seem to have toned it down a lot in Sims2!  Just thought maybe the ghost would know....

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 27, 21:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure Derek's not in the bathroom when the ghost gets the red X?

And I already mentioned, I moved the Monty ghosts, no probs, Antonio then resurrected Claudio, again no probs.  Remaining Capp tombstones were also moved when I relocated old Capp, and - no more haunting!

Pretty sure, she's been doing it since he was a baby and bathrooms were not required!

She also has the family 'desperation' thought bubbles while she's floating around.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 27, 22:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor thing, perhaps Derek should resurrect her and give her a chance to get perma plat!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 27, 22:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even faster, I may get Dirk to change careers into paranormal... Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 27, 22:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure he'd love that!  But then, you'd probably have to resurrect Darleen too.....

Zephyr Zodiac
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 28, 23:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thyguy, I've never seen or heard of a ghost getting attatched to objects purchased after they die. 

Ancient Sim..
  That's exactly what happens when you sell their bed just before they die, at least my old legacies all picked the toilet in those circumstances anyway  Roll Eyes  These days I typically get the bedrooms and comfortable beds in place before the first gen kicks the bucket.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: