More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:16:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Borked nudity problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked nudity problem  (Read 12775 times)
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Borked nudity problem
« on: 2009 September 15, 19:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a while I was using the Nude Pregnant Belly mod from SexySims. I changed the active family and found a female Sim taking a bath in a swimming suit, although she doesn't have the Never Nude trait. Also the suit was a different one than her usual swimwear. I figured out that it was the mod working incorrectly, so I removed it from the Mods/Packages folder, but when I restarted the game, the suit stayed on.

I did some tests and some females were bathing in suits while the others were truly naked. It seems that Sims suffering from that problem are the ones created when the mod was in, while those made before I used it and after I removed it are working correctly. The mod was made by cloning an one-piece swimsuit mesh and I guess that the game took it as default nudity state and it's permament, regardless of using the mod.

So, my question is: is there any way to fix those already existing Sims? I won't be using the mod again, but there are many Sims in two neighbourhoods created by game or by me, babies born at that time, and I'd hate to lose them...

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Borked nudity problem
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 15, 20:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I delete the cache files regularly and it doesn't help.

Also I've noticed that some Sims don't show the default replacement skins and after some tests I can say it's the very same thing - once the Sim is created, the skin stays forever, even if its file is deleted from Mods folder. Those created before I've downloaded the skins are still of the Barbie/Ken variety. Undecided

ETA: Deleting caches AND editing in CAS (by console command editsim <simname>) reloads the skins, but bathing suits are still on.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 15, 21:47:44 by Nauthiz » Logged

RustyShackleford
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 19, 06:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you happen to download some default nude skins? I did and it caused this,can't remember where I got them though.

She-she-sshhaa!
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 20, 21:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean default replacement skintones (yes, I did) or nude clothes (no, I didn't)? I knew the mod wasn't working with the nude clothes, but I didn't touch them; I was switching between a few anatomically correct skintones and certain parts of anatomy  Tongue for males though. Thanks for pointing that - I'm testing the new nude pregnancy mesh from MTS2 and so far it seems to work correctly, but I'm extra careful and I'll stick with the ones I have now.

I've started a new neighbourhood, but I still hope I'll find a way to fix the corrupted Sims in the old one. I guess that the nakedness is just another outfit hidden in CAS - maybe it could be unlocked to edit like the career uniforms?

awwboo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 25, 07:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my females upon reaching adulthood shower in some random item of clothing.  NEVER naked.  It is driving me absolutely apeshit.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 25, 07:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove the defective hack?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
awwboo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 25, 12:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been removed.  Unfortunately I'm having the same problem as Nauthiz.  All existing female sims continue to change into clothing rather than get naked when showering.  It is always the same outfit so I'm assuming the game has this saved somewhere and is pulling it up whenever they are to be nude.  I've deleted the cache files as well. 

I am hoping there is a way to "fix" the existing sims.  Is there a way to clear out the old data? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 25, 12:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuke all your caches?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 25, 14:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the comments on Sexy Sims the mod acts like the Dark Side of the Force, once its been used it will forever rule the Sim nude outfit.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 25, 17:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SexySims2 thread is now closed and the creator posted a solution to fix existing Sims by changing their gender to male and then back to female:

http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172558

there is a better version at this adress: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=371019

sorry for the swimsuit or pale nipples and pubic issues that i may have cause

here is a way to correct it:

if you have awesomemod, first do that 'setconfig NoAgingSwarm false'

with IndieStonemode, first use the "Ageing off' option

then choose the sim that need a nude change (from swimsuit or pale nipples and pubic to the good nude version)

Pause the game

then use the 'Tweaks' option and 'Genetically modify Active sim' from IndieStonemod

Make your active female sim became a male and don't change anything else, save the change

then again use the 'Tweaks' option and 'Genetically modify Active sim' on the same active sim (now a male)

Make your active sim male became a female again and change hair (if needed), save the change

This should correct those issues

Since I don't have Indie Stone, I've just used editsim command and one of my affected females is naked again. I didn't touch anything besides her gender and clothing (it changed to random), so I hope it didn't bork anything else.

Also, the new MTS2 mod seems to work fine - no swimming suits for me so far. Wink

awwboo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 26, 00:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Nauthiz.  That did fix the problem.

I should note that I never did have that sexysims hack.  It took me hours to figure out exactly what was causing the nudity problem on my end.  (I have way too much crap downloaded for this game.)  It turned out not to be a hack at all, but some donation clothes from Peggy.   Once I isolated them and removed them and then changed the sim from female to male and then back again all was finally fixed.

I'm not all that surprised by the culprit.  I'm just glad I didn't pay for those files.   
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 30, 18:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the exact same problem, but with both genders.  I thought it was a WA issue, but now I think it might be a bad clothing download.  I'll try removing my most recent ones.  Thanks!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 30, 22:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem too, I had to uninstall my game  Cheesy

Nothing to see here.
awwboo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 01, 00:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is probably a clothing problem.  I continue to experience it on and off with new clothing I download.

Try this...
1)  Delete the outfit your sim changes into when they bathe/shower.  While this can be a hassle (trying to find the file is a royal pain) it seems to be the only thing that works.
2)  Do the steps described earlier in this thread. 
     - Edit your sim in CAS using the awesome mod, indie-stone mod, or super computer
     - Change your sim from male to female or visa versa
     - Accept and go back into the game
     - Go back in CAS again and change the sim back to it's original gender and accept
     - Try showering/bathing again and see if they are now nude. 

If they change into a different outfit it means you still have some borked clothing.  You will need to delete each outfit they wear when nude until this stops happening.

It's a hassle, but it fixed it for me.
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 11, 05:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if it happens and you have no custom clothing? What then?

Also, IndieMod isn't working. I can't even access it.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 11, 06:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IndieStone is entirely depreciated and unsupported now.

INFP or something
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 11, 21:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IndieStone is entirely depreciated and unsupported now.

IndieStone aside (I just added it to try to fix this problem and couldn't even find it in game), My sims are still bathing in full clothes. They spin like they are changing, but either don't change their clothes at all or change into something equally unsuitable formal wear). Also showers are taking maybe two seconds.

Game is version 1.7.11.002001

Here are a list of the .package files i have:

5050gender.package
Aikea Guinea - TS3 Default Replacement Eyes.package
amBottomNude.package
awesome.package
Bathe Anywhere.package
bodySliderHack.package
CherubHair1_HystericalParoxysm.package
CherubHair2_HystericalParoxysm.package
CherubHair3_HystericalParoxysm.package
facialhack_patch127.package
Faster Cooking.package
fur-o-matic.package
MessyCombed-BackHairTM-EM_ByEsmeraldaF.package
nomosaic.package
Nouk - Donna Hair Conversion - v_ware.package
NoukSportHair1_HystericalParoxysm.package
NoukSportHair2_HystericalParoxysm.package
NoukSportHair3_HystericalParoxysm.package
oepu_PixieAgeConv_cfhair.package
oepu_PixieAgeConv_cmhair.package
oepu_PixieAgeConv_pfhair.package
oepu_PixieAgeConv_pmhair.package
oepu_PixieGenderConv_mhair.package
ruleof6.package
texturetemplatepen.jpg
TotallyBaldHair_HystericalParoxysm.package
« Last Edit: 2009 December 11, 22:24:03 by Saline » Logged
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 12, 02:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This glitch does lead to some amusing screenshots, though.

In my game the only hacks I have are awesomemod, and I am only having a problem with this one sim, which I think was borked somehow while in CAS. Hopefully a solution to the other problems will help me here as well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: