More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 06:54:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim Died While Visiting Another Res Lot...Where is her tombstone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Died While Visiting Another Res Lot...Where is her tombstone?  (Read 4437 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Sim Died While Visiting Another Res Lot...Where is her tombstone?
« on: 2006 March 11, 04:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope someone can help me here. I just had a visiting sim die on my lot when she was 'joy buzzered'. No urn or tombstone appeared when she died. I saved the game on that lot, and entered the lot on which the apparently now deceased sim called home. She was on her home lot as a ghost and then a notice came up saying that this sim had 'died on another lot and her spirit would return there' (something like that). She then disappeared from the user interface and her family tree says 'deceased'. I then saved that lot and returned to the lot on which she had actually died, but I cannot find her urn or tombstone anywhere. Does she get one? I was hoping to resurrect her but without an urn is that possible? Please let me know if I can do anything to get her back or find her tombstone or urn. Thanks
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Sim Died While Visiting Another Res Lot...Where is her tombstone?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 11, 07:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, you made the decision to actually saving the game instead of reloading to save her. so now you have to face the consequence that u may lose her forever.

try the resurrect phone on the lot where she died, if that doesnt work, then i guess she is gone for good
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 11, 08:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She still showed up as a ghost? She should be fine.  Smiley

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 11, 13:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, without hacks, Joy Buzzering is a harmless prank...you should be able to ressurect her if she still has character data.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 11, 13:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never heard of anyone dying from being joy-buzzered.  Anyway, as Lythdan said, if she still has character data you can resurrect her.  Alternatively, if you have the Lot DeBugger and the tombstone mod, you can spawn a new tombstone.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 11, 13:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrection does not require an urnstone. If the urnstone is missing and you would like one reissued, try following the directions for doing so in the Lot Debugger. If your character file has been shredded, sucks to be you. You may want to consider the "nounlinkondelete" anti-character-file-shredder hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 11, 18:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for the replies. I tried resurrecting her with the career reward thingy but it says that my sim (her late husband) 'knows no dead sims'. Does this mean her character file is gone? Did the game possibly 'auto kill' her?
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 11, 18:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can try the Elixer of ressurection.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=105516

BTW, this worked really well for me. I moved the Broke family to a new custom hood, and using this, I was still able to bring Skip back. All his family relationships were still there too. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 March 11, 18:17:43 by Scotty » Logged

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: