More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 10:51:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Servo human face mask....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo human face mask....  (Read 6996 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Servo human face mask....
« on: 2006 March 10, 18:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only seen one of my servos wearing the mask once when i first changed her into formal and then i have never seen her with mask again
and none of my other servos ever wear a mask (all them dress in formal)
is this only me? anyone else seen a servo wear mask?

Is it possible to make a hack to enable change appearance and all the dresser options for servo? i know servo and humans are basically the same and those options are only disabled, because when the servo joined my other family the sim of my other family can dress the servo formal outfit....
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Servo human face mask....
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 19:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they had more than one formal outfit, I am having a hard time telling them apart.

But I have never seen a mask yet and I use a lot of robots.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 19:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's clothing tool (http://moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/) can be used to assign clothes and a human face to your servo.  On community lots, sometimes the servo will show up in the assigned human look, and sometimes as his/her robot self, not sure why.

--oops, I forgot to add that my first servo had a human face mask (but her normal robot eye over it) that she put on with her formal dress.  Creepiest thing.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 19:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Servo look seems to be mostly an outfit mesh and a hair mesh. I'm hoping once people get settled with the new EP, SimPE is updated, etc., someone will come up with a good way to alter their appearance -- I have a really nice robot skintone I picked up off MTS2 that I was already planning to use to create an occasional live-in robot maid well before I heard anything about playable robots in OFB, and I'd love to be able to make Servos use it.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 19:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, there are some nice robot skins out there.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 11, 17:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to make my servo's look more human.  But so far I am loving them.  I made one servo and she came with a gold robotic badge!.  So I made her create a mate for herself, since she is a family bot?  But once I activated her for romance, I discovered she has two bolts for my male sims.  Lol.  I'm not going anywhere with that, while she still looks like a heap of metal. That's just too weird. But if I could change her skin, then ....we will see.

My second servo (BetaBot, how original) is a knowlege bot with a gold re-stocking badge.

I am going to have to investigate how to apply a face mask
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 11, 17:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any pictures of the servo with the mask? I'd love to see Wink I haven't created any robots yet. Actually I haven't even played OFB properly yet!

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 11, 17:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can click on servo and select wear formal or something like that.  You might need it selected and then click on him/her.  I noted the option, but haven't tried it because the photo's I saw really looked freaky.  I hope never to see my servo's wearing a mask, it's just too scary *shudders*.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 11, 17:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with pascado's clothing tools, i changed servo to human clothing but once i change his appearance (hair etc), he looks completely human (the robot eye disappeared) now he just look like every other human, though still retain the robot voice.
he looks pretty funny when hes power down or being recharged
I wish someone can come up with a servo-enabled plastic surgery machine, cuz i think every servo has the same human face
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 11, 18:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I discovered playing around.  You can make them look totally human.  So it's pretty clear that the robot is just a skin with a mesh. 

I found some great potential replacement robot skins, but I guess nothing will happen until the new SimPE is out and we can actually manipulate the files. 

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 26, 01:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to get rid of the human face mask? One of my Servos  has it whenever he's in formal wear, and I've been wondering how to get rid of it for days. I want the clean regular robot head.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 26, 01:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this may be the answer to your problems:  Servo Change Appearance Package - http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7056

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 26, 01:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly. I managed to nuke it for my servo recolor. It will require some editing in SimPE though if you're up to it.

Ancient: That will help him make a servo look human but not vice versa as far as I know.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 26, 01:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed it would have the option to change them back, the screenshots show them as totally human and also as half-and-half.  I'm assuming the Insim will have an option to alternate between the two soon anyway, the same as it does for zombies and vamps.

I'm keeping my first two Servos as robots, but the next one will be an android (have to use that amazing skin linked to on another thread - yours I think, Motoki).  I'll try this mod out then and see if I can change back and forth.  I hope some way is provided soon to change them back to human temporarily, so my bot females can have babies.  I refuse to accept the fact that male robots can father kids, but female robots can't conceive them.  This is pure metallic sexual prejudice and I simply won't tolerate it and neither will my female Family Sim servo.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 26, 01:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I know the servo heads are technically hair as far as the game is concerned, but Maxis hid them. When I was trying to figure out how to distribute my pink servo recolor I ended up just having to upload her with a lot because even when I unhid the servo head 'hair', the darned human face mask would always get stuck on her face when I changed it via the mirror and I ended up having to manually replace a value in SimPE to get rid of it.

Let me know if you have any luck with that hack though.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: